Would you play a Fire Emblem MOBA?

Rapier

Yes. I'd love to play as Gharnef, then return to life instantly when I reach 0 HP, to my enemies' surprise.

"I am Gharnef, I am ETERNAL!"

don't tell me I got the game wrong

Playing as the many characters of Fire Emblem sounds awesome.

As is watching generic Archers/Mages beat each other to death.

Sounds fun enough. I would place my money on a Warriors game before that, though.

Though there may be some monotony in the way that every character who wasn't a mage would have the same standard weapons likely.

Edited by Tryhard

Mobas generally involve 2 computer controlled bases sending small spawns of units at each other repeatedly, maybe every 30 seconds or so. The units usually walk (AFAIK) down different lanes. There are usually a few powerful defense towers at a few locations along each lane. Players, usually 5 on each team, I think, generally control one hero character (but sometimes some summons/hirelings/etc as well) who can level up to become stronger, learn new abilities/spells, and upgrade old ones.

The heroes can wander around the map at will, attacking the enemy army on their own or with allied army assistance, fighting enemy heroes, killing neutral creeps, etc. Killing enemies gives gold, more if it's a hero. If you kill multiple enemy heroes in a short time, you tend to get a bonus, and you can also get a bonus for going on killing streaks (multiple kills w/out dying interspersed between them). I think that a higher level also means a hero gives more gold. And you also get more experience from killing heroes than from normal units, I think. Usually you spend gold on items, though I have played games where you can upgrade your allied army. I don't think that Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard's Moba) has items. Victory is usually claimed when one team destroys the other team's command structure, or when the enemy team all leave.

Edited by Severian

Yeah, a RTS that mixes tower (and base) defense with specific heroes who are stronger than your ordinary minion, which you control to destroy the enemy's base, get through the tower defenses and stop the other team from doing it with yours.

Since it's 5 on 5 there's a lot of focus on teamwork (and team composition, though you can only do so much in that regard in a team of randomly assembled players), lane changing, trying to get the upper hand with an ambush and kill enemy heroes, etc.

There is an answer used in the South reserved for questions like "Would you play a MOBA?"

That answer is "Hay-ull no."

Just a random statement, but I love you for putting something of mine in your signature. Lol