#FE developers interview

I got the cliffnotes version from Persona Central

For the Cliff Cliff Notes version:

• Sidequests give you new songs and abilities
  • Parties are restricted to three characters, with your extras being in a support role
  • Mirages were purposely designed to be mechanical looking compared to the human characters, except Tiki
  • Bright Colors are meant to represent the entertainment industry, Mirages were robbed of their power of expression and this is reflected in the dungeon design, dungeons will be full of puzzles and gimmicks
  • The game is mostly in Shibuya, but also in Harajuku and additional locations
  • The gamepad essentially is the lead's smartphone, with a chat tool towards the rest of the cast and a map system
  • "#FE" means the devs intend to go above and beyond the parents of this game
  • Combat system combines FE's weapon triangle with Atlus's press turn and elemental weakness
  • The combat outfits are called "Carnage Form", and the way it's worded implies that characters will have more then one
  • Points in the game will have the characters performing live, Studio Anima is handling the Mocap

• Sidequests give you new songs and abilities

Reading what Flux (the founder of Persona Central) said, these sound like what Persona 4 Golden introduced: unlocking skills and other battle mechanics as you progress through Social Links

• "#FE" means the devs intend to go above and beyond the parents of this game

This is brilliant. I just hope that the game ends up not being flat

There doesn't seem to be anything new or interesting this time around but I do kind of like how the gamepad is integrated.

This is brilliant. I just hope that the game ends up not being flat

I see what you did there? Dat music pun. ;)

I think the combination of the weapons triangle and the weakness system in the SMT games is pretty neat.

I agree. It's one of those things that people seem to overlook when criticizing the game for not being crossover.

I agree. It's one of those things that people seem to overlook when criticizing the game for not being crossover.

Most individuals are just apprehensive with how the crossover seems to be going in terms of character design and direction, which I can understand. However, I think people should hold off until they actually see content about the story. With Atlus behind the wheel on that, I'm not too worried.

I'm actually most concerned with how the translation team will handle this. On one hand, seeing Matthew Mercer as Chrom again would be amazing, but on another I'm concerned about how the songs will be handled if they translate it. I'm curious on what the chances are of the game being subbed are, probably not high.

I'm actually most concerned with how the translation team will handle this. On one hand, seeing Matthew Mercer as Chrom again would be amazing, but on another I'm concerned about how the songs will be handled if they translate it. I'm curious on what the chances are of the game being subbed are, probably not high.

Oh god... I just remembered, the voice actors have to sing in this game...Please don't be cringe worthy. Please don't be cringe worthy. At least let me play this subbed, so that I wouldn't have to understand what people are singing about.

Most individuals are just apprehensive with how the crossover seems to be going in terms of character design and direction, which I can understand. However, I think people should hold off until they actually see content about the story. With Atlus behind the wheel on that, I'm not too worried.

Yeah I actually think that they might just keep the Japanese dub for the songs.

Yeah I actually think that they might just keep the Japanese dub for the songs.

I don't know. They have translated songs into English before in other Atlus games before. And of course we have our own example of Azura's song in Fates.

Besides, they also have to consider whether or not potential buyers might be turned off by hearing a bunch of songs they can't understand. Won't exactly help a game that will likely be niche.