Mozune or Donnel?

While playing through Fates and Awakening one big question came to my mind who's the better villager character in Fire Emblem?

I took a look at Donnel and his stats promoted and un-promoted and it's pretty impressive. But Mozune seems to have more of a thing going for her yes her stats are diffrent but i think she has a bit more of a generic villager type. Don't get me wrong Donnel was an awesome unit but personally i think Mozune beats him.

What does everybody else think?

Mozume can use a Parallel Seal immediately and she can actually use the weapon rank from her base class in her promoted class, unlike Donnel. Also, a reclassed Mozume has bows, and it is much easier to train a fragile archer than a fragile melee unit. She even joins a little bit before a chapter with two balistae and plenty of pegasi, giving her immediate utility. She is the better unit between the two, hands down.

Mozume seems to have everything Donnel had that puts warning sirens in my head in terms of characters I shouldn't use, and Aptitude was even nerfed.

However, a closer look at their respective beginnings, their class sets, and overall changes from Awakening means that I honestly think Mozume is gonna fare better than Donnel ever did.

(I think her stat modifiers are also much better than Donnel's ever was too.)

In fates each character only has 40 level ups at max unless you fork over a ton of gold, whereas in Awakening everyone could cap everything via infinite level ups. Donny fell behind once the characters with better class sets and stat caps started maxing out, but Mozume will be more likely to ram her caps than another unit. If you max out the levels and hit all the caps, then yes, Mozume will be outclassed, but she will totall own all in Nohr.

38 or 39 level ups… you start at 1 and go to 20/0 (gain of 19 levels), then promote to 20/1, then gain 19 levels to 20/20.

Or you class change to a class that goes to level 40, like Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon, and that could let you conceivably gain 39 level ups (1 to 40).

Mozume's Hp is quite low, so while she's easier to train because of attack stance and such, there isn't really a period where her stats are super impressive (like Donnel between reclassing and caps)

Though it does help Mozume, relatively, that diminishing returns for exp sets in faster with units getting 1 exp barely overleveled, unlike Veteran units still getting 12 exp way overleveled. >_>

Edited by XeKr