The things that you don't like about this game?

PuffPuff

Complaining thread? *Cracks knuckles* This is my topic.

In all honesty though, I'm pretty hyped for Fates so I don't have a lot to complain about. A few things I don't like, though:

- The explanation for kids. I'm probably the only person kind of excited they're coming back, but that explanation is just...so stupid. The time travel was better imo.

- Speaking of, I'm also not excited that I'm probably going to grind a lot in Hoshido for the kids. Ugh.

- Classes are side-exclusive. I can't recall any at the top of my head, but that's definitely not something I'm excited about.

- I'm excited about marriage but I'm a little peeved that you can marry the siblings. Kinda ruins the whole dynamic of 'Bloodline' or 'Loyalty'. False advertising, I guess.

- The whole Azura thing in the third path. Everyone's going to be so confused and then flip out when they find out that the only spouse that can give you two children units in the whole game as a MaMU is your cousin.

It's only a few things because this looks like a great game to me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost an entire attempt at Nohr Chapter 14 because of Magic Counter (and it was reasonably hard), but I still don't think it's too broken. Suppose you have a bow wielder with both counters (so attacking with regular swords, lances, axes, magic and kunai will all suck). The presence of certain weapons (like the Reverse Shuriken) will still make said unit not really that terrifying.

The game really does promote defensive play in general, including the guard stance. That's a pretty big gripe. Against a team in guard stance, there is no reason to use attack stance at all.

I like the no grinding part. Makes it feel like Fire Emblem. Although I'd argue that instead of making it storyline-specific, they should tie it to difficulty. Or maybe make a proper postgame and only allows grinding after that point.

I do prefer limited levelling. If anything, being level 20 is another Fire Emblem-y thing. For the completionists, I think they should just sell the doping items directly instead of Eternal Seals.

Yeah, the gender lock is still silly, even though it's supposed to be a homage to the first two games. Much better than Awakening's case, but still.

Steel weapons are still good for characters who don't have to worry so much about losing attack speed. Silvers were made too situational, however.

It's ironic that they removed durability so people could use their good weapons without worrying about losing them, and now we don't use them because of stat penalties.

Well...they have to promote better ideas to keep the series interesting and intact. We do want more of these games after all. ^_^

It's like Gamefreak saying "Okay, for the 7th gen of Pokemon moves have unlimited PP, but stronger ones lower your stats or otherwise penalize you (though to be honest the most powerful moves already do that)". It's just a roundabout, and arguably worse, way of doing the same thing.

Yeah...

Kinda good to bring this mechinic(Debuffs) into Fire Emblem now. This was put in on purpose to give us Veteran players more of a challenge. But...still...we like them overpowered sometimes too as it is fun to own those that is weaker than you.

The current game already has a FE Fates like balance but the inclusion of PP means they don't need to put crippling penalties on most attacks.

Hyper Beam and Zap Cannon are like FE Silvers. Strong but the drawbacks are too severe for them to be effective.

Hydropump, Thunder and Fire Blast are like FE steel weapons. Strong but not without risk.

Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are like FE iron weapons. Reliable and strong enough in most situations.

Attacks with less than 60 power (barring certain strategies) are like FE bronze weapons. Weak and only worth using until you have something better.

I can't even imagine how removing PP would wreck the game.

Brave and Silver now are a bad case for enemy phases. If anything, better use them only on Player Phase then use Trade command and swap their weapon with one that doesn't penalize your stats.

Well then. I guess I will just have to trust the localization team. I'd be very surprised if they didn't fix a lot of the fanservice issues. Japan(and every country besides NA) is much more liberal with their sexual sides, and usually the nintendo localization teams have to deal with the difference.

I prefer for them to be left alone. That's why many people play Fire Emblem. Men and women need their enjoyment.

Edited by Princess_Florina

A few people went over this in the character hate thread, but the B support has some bad implications in terms of child abuse

link:

I read this as sarcasm and found it pretty funny, but then I read further and the fact that he couldn't accept defeat and so he had to hand it to his son was appalling, immature and yes, it's definitely child abuse.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

I find it funny how people are saying that Jakob is a child abuser when his child is not a child.If anything it is domestic violence or just plain assault.

But anyways, I really don't view Jakob and differently considering they are in medieval times where you know, nearly every child was hit/slapped/beat by their parent(s) .

Anyways, my hatred for the story has pretty much increased to point that, for a bit I was considering just skipping the game(Which I am not), I know it has been discussed over and over again and it is a bit soon to be talking about FE 15, but I really hope they abandon the child mechanic and make S supports both romantic and platonic.It would be so much better.

- The dark dress being nowhere to be found in gameplay

- Aqua's lance being just a generic blessed lance. It's really fitting for her to carry around a lance that recovers her, but I was expecting that shit to be a Hoshidan Royal Family Treasure That Would Make Aqua Either Relatively Combat-Capable Or A Beast Depending On Whether You Gave Her Some Combat Training Or Not.

- Apparently she's mysterious for the hell of it??

- And the whole thing with The Real Big Bad doesn't come across her head should you side with either kingdom????

- WHAT THE HECK THORON YOU DON'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE IT

- ike no id honestly much rather your ranged attacks look like they did in FE9 thats not quite how you shockwave

- I'd probably rather Lucina too could use her Falchion as an infinite vulnerary instead of the enhanced ability to double attack but dunno

- Cipher Marth and "Marth" don't come with Falchions of their own? :S

- The fact that only the male royal siblings get cool royal treasure holy weapons that are more potent than most weaponry in their type and also have no drawback whatsoever

I REALLY hate the fact that Charm and Demoiselle no longer increases evasion. +2 Def is really stupid. Hardly, if not, any skills that raise evasion for cryin out loud. -.-

As for weapons. Why that Hand Axes and Javalins even exist when you can't even crit them and for the enemy giving themselves 5 AS and that you can never double attack with them. What good are ranged weapons now when the penalty is way too much for them to be of any use. How are we going to deal with ranged attackers without getting spelled and filled like a pincushion with arrows, huh?

They give the enemy to throw swords, but not for you which that would have been the only thing to make Silvers useful for.

As for weapons. Why that Hand Axes and Javalins even exist when you can't even crit them and for the enemy giving themselves 5 AS and that you can never double attack with them. What good are ranged weapons now when the penalty is way too much for them to be of any use. How are we going to deal with ranged attackers without getting spelled and filled like a pincushion with arrows, huh?

Just play better, that's how...

My main gripe is about the story. If your story needs DLC to be understood, you're not telling it properly. I don't really mind that there's different routes, since they have a different gameplay experience. It's just that the overarching plot seems to be all over the place and contradictory in certain places. It'd be nice to have a concrete timeline like other FE games, where they had specific years being mentioned and such.

And the children mechanic. It was fine for Awakening. It has zero plot relevance here, and the explanation is terrible. I hope they give it a rest in future games; marrying and having kids is not a necessary follow-up to an S support. I do like being able to pair together the characters though. Sure some of the S supports are pretty abrupt, but I just like to imagine the conversations we see as little extracts over a longer period of them interacting, so they've had time to get to know each other.

While we're on the topic of supports: most of Elise's supports. Sakura at least seems more mature sometimes, but Elise... really doesn't.

And I guess it's not really dislike but the facerubbing scenes are so awkward. I just have a very low tolerance for that kind of stuff, I guess- even the confession CGs from Awakening were too much for me. It's still silly and ridiculous, but I will probably be playing with the volume off for those sequences.

Just play better, that's how...

It'll take some getting used to. But...it isn't fair to some characters that don't get good speed. -.-

They now give enemies...

-Iron Throwing Axe
-Steel Throwing Axe
-Silver Throwing Axe

..non gimped throwing axes to make it further unfair. These can even use skills upon which the E ranked 1~2 ranged weapons can't.

As for weapons, I'm sticking to only Iron and Killer.

It'll take some getting used to. But...it isn't fair to some characters that don't get good speed. -.-

They now give enemies...

-Iron Throwing Axe
-Steel Throwing Axe
-Silver Throwing Axe

..non gimped throwing axes to make it further unfair.

As for weapons, I'm sticking to only Iron and Killer.

I'm pretty sure those throwing weapons are limited to stationary bosses. So the game is just making it "fair" for them so they aren't utterly unthreatening when you engage them at 2 range with your own units' tomes/kunais/bows or whatever.

I'm pretty sure those throwing weapons are limited to stationary bosses. So the game is just making it "fair" for them so they aren't utterly unthreatening when you engage them at 2 range with your own units' tomes/kunais/bows or whatever.

If anything, please let these be boss/DLC map/Lunatic only.

Just saying that I have seen generic moving enemies carrying them as well, so it's not just them.

Still...it still better be a non ranked game since these penalties will really fuck up your tactics. As long as these Irons, Killers and other weapons that do not penalize that can be forged, it'll be fine!

-Kids being back with a mediocre explanation

-Some class outfits

-Gender locked classes exist. Not only that, they also seem unbalanced. Like Great Lord's skills are just better than Lodestar's skills and Witch is a magic berserker that males don't have access too. Female ballisticians shouldn't be impossible either. This is honestly my biggest gripe with the game.

-The sisters not having Prf weapons, Camilla and Hinoka in particular

-Negative 2 speed mods everywhere

-The kids still get +1 to all modifiers, as if adding the parent's mods wasn't enough

-Some weapon penalties are so bad the weapon just isn't worth using

-Incessant Kamui player worshipping

-No skin color options

-Only a few same sex supports

- The dark dress being nowhere to be found in gameplay

- Aqua's lance being just a generic blessed lance. It's really fitting for her to carry around a lance that recovers her, but I was expecting that shit to be a Hoshidan Royal Family Treasure That Would Make Aqua Either Relatively Combat-Capable Or A Beast Depending On Whether You Gave Her Some Combat Training Or Not.

- Apparently she's mysterious for the hell of it??

- And the whole thing with The Real Big Bad doesn't come across her head should you side with either kingdom????

- WHAT THE HECK THORON YOU DON'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE IT

- ike no id honestly much rather your ranged attacks look like they did in FE9 thats not quite how you shockwave

- I'd probably rather Lucina too could use her Falchion as an infinite vulnerary instead of the enhanced ability to double attack but dunno

- Cipher Marth and "Marth" don't come with Falchions of their own? :S

- The fact that only the male royal siblings get cool royal treasure holy weapons that are more potent than most weaponry in their type and also have no drawback whatsoever

yeah I can agree with this one and although I don't like the history so much thanks to the internet lulz , I will still enjoy this game, be dammed everyone else opinions

I REALLY hate the fact that Charm and Demoiselle no longer increases evasion. +2 Def is really stupid. Hardly, if not, any skills that raise evasion for cryin out loud. -.-

They give the enemy to throw swords, but not for you which that would have been the only thing to make Silvers useful for.

A small amount of extra Avoid isn't going to meaningfully impact strategies. It's not an interesting effect, and they realized tossing it onto skills and expecting it to matter just wasn't working.

Thrown weapons are still useful for chip damage, especially when backed up by Dual Attacks, and kunai are at least as effective as past thrown weapons ever were. You also can just use bows or tomes or Ryouma or Marx or just use a thrown weapon and take the penalty because unless they're faster than you they're still probably not going to double.

Edited by Othin

-Kids being back with a mediocre explanation

-Some class outfits

-Gender locked classes exist. Not only that, they also seem unbalanced. Like Great Lord's skills are just better than Lodestar's skills and Witch is a magic berserker that males don't have access too. Female ballisticians shouldn't be impossible either. This is honestly my biggest gripe with the game.

-The sisters not having Prf weapons, Camilla and Hinoka in particular

-Negative 2 speed mods everywhere

-The kids still get +1 to all modifiers, as if adding the parent's mods wasn't enough

-Some weapon penalties are so bad the weapon just isn't worth using

-Incessant Kamui player worshipping

-No skin color options

-Only a few same sex supports

I can agree with pretty much all of these. The abundance of negative speed mods is just weird, and makes me wonder if Defensive Formation will become just as much of a staple for the victims of it in PvP as Galeforce used to be in general.

A small amount of extra Avoid isn't going to meaningfully impact strategies. It's not an interesting effect, and they realized tossing it onto skills and expecting it to matter just wasn't working.

Thrown weapons are still useful for chip damage, especially when backed up by Dual Attacks, and kunai are at least as effective as past thrown weapons ever were. You also can just use bows or tomes or Ryouma or Marx or just use a thrown weapon and take the penalty because unless they're faster than you they're still probably not going to double.

Honestly, you can just use the Magic Weapons instead of the Str based ones if you fear the downsides. They have 6/7 more might, more acc, can double, and won't let you be doubled easily. The downside of -20 avoid is a small cost considering that you are using these weapons to attack their blindspot if they have one, which means the -20 avoid only matters on the enemy phase.

Edited by Psyruby

I should note that the magic weapons also have the "cannot crit or activate skills" property, so their full drawback is that plus the -20 avoid penalty.

That said, you are right that they have a high might, can double, don't let you be doubled easily. They also have traded a larger avoid penalty in exchange for not having the crit evade penalty that silvers have. They also don't lose strength/magic from attacking like Silvers/silver-equivalents or some S-ranks can.

The -20 avoid and inability to use skills means that you wouldn't want to rely on them exclusively, but I imagine that high magic growth characters (like Sakura [using a Shining Bow in the 3rd route or a Shinrai Naginata as a Falcon Warrior in Hoshido/3rd] or a +MAG Avatar (50% personal magic growth unless your flaw hurts magic, which means you get a minimum of that growth even in a class that doesn't improve magic) would be able to use them well.

The main thing about the magic weapons is that they are magic weapons, so you can't just slap them onto any other character and expect them to function the same as a Kodachi/Javelin/Hand Axe, because like, ~75% of the characters or so? have "nonexistent" magic.