Fates AntiCheat

Rhyme

Fire Emblem: Fates does have anti-cheat, to a slight degree.

Here's what happens if you get caught: You can still visit other castles. You can not participate in online battles. Nobody can visit your castle. This restriction is lifted if you use 'wipe data' from the home menu. Your castle address remains the same, requiring no extra effort to direct people from your old address to a new one.

So, what gets flagged?

Class limitations:

-Anything illegitimate on Kamui (No animal-spirit classes, for example. The rules for Kamui include the rule below, but the inverse is not true.)

-Any enemy or Lillith class on anyone (Astral Dragon, Invisible Dragon, Dark Lord, Faceless, Golem, probably some others)

-More than allowed (math it out) amounts of Dark Prince/ss, Darkblood, Whiteblood, NTF, and Managarm.

• I think it maths out to 2 non-Kamui Dp/DB/WB if you don't marry, 1 if you marry to a second gen or are playing as Male Kamui and marry anyone but Aqua, and 0 if you marry to a first gen as Femui. Kamui, Kanna and Kanna's sibling (if existant) count towards this cap EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT CLASSED to it at the time.
  • If you marry Nishiki to Shigure, then Kinu or Shigure to Kamui, you can get a total of 4 (Nishiki, Kinu, Shigure, Kanna) NTFs. So with Nishiki/Kinu ONLY, you can use 2 other units as NTFs. Same for Managarm.

Weapons:

-x Proximity Yumi (Enemy only)

-x Close Combat Yumi (Enemy only)

-Skadi? (need more testing; enemy only)

-Gangreli (not Dark Sword variant; my apologies)

That's.. Basically it. Illegitimate abilities (Dragonskin, which is Boss Only in Fates, or any others that are boss only) still allows people to access your castle but having one equipped does NOT allow you to participate in online battles. This translates to relatively safe online for anyone worried these exploits would ruin online.

Knowing this, there's still a ton of room for 'fun' things to do for anyone who can utilize these exploits such as Male Maids, Female Butlers, Villager for everyone, Nine-tailed Fox or etc for everyone, Lancer (enemy foot soldier) for everyone, and the room for ability options expands a ton without having to scour castles to buy abilities or worrying about who you marry to who while getting certain abilities..

DLC classes on wrong Gender (seen below, Ike Sakura, or even up on my castle right now - Grandmaster/Plegian Tactician Sakura) are allowed as well.

Also allowed is a code for 'unlock all buildings' which gives you a bit of room to set up a nice farm for people, though the 50 building limit is still in place so you gotta pick between that and Stat statues.

My address:

02625-68366

69618-61524

Edited by Rhyme

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated it to have the Hoshido roster off Chapter 6+ to all have Astra, Lifetaker, Luna, Breaking Sky and Vantage.

The steps I did were QR code > abilities > save > close and reopen game > update data. No class changes as I'm relatively certain those are what create the flag.

If anyone would be so kind as to try this address and tell me if it allows you to visit my castle or gives a 'no data' error that'd be great.

Edited by Rhyme

What cheating system are you using? Powersaves Pro? (just wondering, since I plan on having lolhack runs on Nohr after I complete it.)

I'm using Spider exploits via the web browser. You need to install an old version and it's easy to do if you're on rxtools or emunand.

Read up on it on GBATemp if you're interested or PM me and I'll explain further.

Visited your castle, thought I'd record it. Maybe this'll be of use to you. (Didn't record the audio).

https://youtu.be/fo5JYgsi_x4

Good to know the changes did go through.. Think this rules the ability part out though I didn't use anything like Aether, Ignis, etc.

My next test will be classes.. as of now, I have modified all classes except they're all in the realm of possibility from supports. Meaning there's nothing ridiculous like Kinu Kamui, Darkblood Sakura, so on. The most 'out' thing on my file is a Darkblood Kamui on Hoshido. If someone could tell me if this breaks my castle or not..

Edited by Rhyme

I'm using Spider exploits via the web browser. You need to install an old version and it's easy to do if you're on rxtools or emunand.

Read up on it on GBATemp if you're interested or PM me and I'll explain further.

Good to know the changes did go through.. Think this rules the ability part out though I didn't use anything like Aether, Ignis, etc.

My next test will be classes if anyone is down to try visiting my castle in about 10 minutes.

Sure, what's your Skype? I'll add you. Just PM me and I'll screenshare.

after some testing with @TohruAdachi, we've pretty much established that anticheat is kind of lenient.. kind of.

For abilities, pretty much anything goes, it looks like. There are no + Abilities like Vantage+ or anything, so I'm assuming it's pretty much anything goes. I had Nohr and Hoshido on an Aqua for one test, for example.

For classes, it looks like anything that can be classed to within the game is allowed, except for Kamui. If you change Kamui to anything out of the ordinary (Fluffy tail..), you get No Data. LucinAqua (Aether, Ignis, Awakening, Great Lord), Maid-classed males, fluffy-tailed Aqua and Darkblood Rinka (even though not in the realm of being possible..), Hero/Ike-classed Sakura all worked online.

0670711a7b.png

Things that don't work and will not ruin online play:

-Invisible Dragon, Dragon, Astral Dragon classes

-Dark Lord (Garon), Familiar (Goo-Garon), Dark Dragon (DraGaron)

It LOOKS like everything else works.. Again, with the exception of Kamui. I don't know why this is, but if I classed Kamui to anything out of the ordinary even a little, it flagged my castle. So this means no fluffy tail Kamui, I don't think.

I think this means online is relatively safe, but I can imagine people aggressively modding everyone to have the puppet ability.

My next test will be scraping together a 'capture anyone' code and seeing how online reacts to having an Evil Takumi in my party.

Edited by Rhyme

It seems many things aren't shutting you down are... actually possible, just not yet.

With the appearance of some things in DLC, we know that anyone can get to Great Lord and Lodestar.

There appears to be items to get to Grandmaster and Dark Prince(ss).

And it's probably not checking for strict weirdness [Male Maid, etc.]

We know Fates' DLC policy is Activision-class scumbag, so it already having the DLC accounted for ahead of time? No problem.

Could you explain this spider code please Rhyme?

Spider codes are Action Replay-esque codes that inject themselves to the 3DS memory by scanning a QR code while you have the game open, it launches a webpage and that's it. You need a specific browser version though so if you have emuNand (rxTools, ReiNand...) working it's very safe to do. If you don't have an emunand it's risky, and if your 3DS is updated past firmware 9.2 you can't do it at all and will need someone with this functioning to host units/skills you want..

It seems many things aren't shutting you down are... actually possible, just not yet.

With the appearance of some things in DLC, we know that anyone can get to Great Lord and Lodestar.

There appears to be items to get to Grandmaster and Dark Prince(ss).

And it's probably not checking for strict weirdness [Male Maid, etc.]

We know Fates' DLC policy is Activision-class scumbag, so it already having the DLC accounted for ahead of time? No problem.

I have a code that adds all items to the 'Route Ownership' bonus list and I never saw any items that allow classing to Grandmaster, Dark Princess, or so on.. Which entails the items are either going to be included/added via the DLC and simply aren't in game yet, or you get the option after clearing the DLC or something silly

Upon even more testing, I have discovered that even if you class Kamui to a fluffy tail and reclass to something else entirely before updating data, your castle still gets flagged. For anyone doing this exploit, I'd completely just avoid tampering with Kamui outside of abilities unless you want to start your game over.

ON THAT NOTE, I'm pretty much done getting myself banned. I think.

Up on my castle right now is:

Kamui / Adventurer with Copycat Puppet, Lifetaker, Vantage, Breaking Sky and Luna

Rinka / Nine-tailed Fox with Astra, Luna, Breaking Sky, Vantage and Lifetaker

Suzukaze / Maid with Luna, Breaking Sky, Vantage, Hoshido and Lifetaker

Sakura / Grandmaster with Hoshido, Aether, Awakening, Ignis, Lifetaker

Aqua / Great Lord with Ignis, Awakening, Aether, Hoshido and Vantage

Joker / Maid with Astra, Luna, Breaking Sky, Pavise and Vantage

Address in OP. open for requests (minus Kamui), as I play through and get characters.

Edited by Rhyme

bumping to confirm the items are in fact not on cart! you get them after clearing the awakening dlc. interesting!

Kamui / Adventurer with Copycat Puppet, Lifetaker, Vantage, Breaking Sky and Luna

Rinka / Nine-tailed Fox with Astra, Luna, Breaking Sky, Vantage and Lifetaker

Suzukaze / Maid with Luna, Breaking Sky, Vantage, Hoshido and Lifetaker

Sakura / Grandmaster with Hoshido, Aether, Awakening, Ignis, Lifetaker

Aqua / Great Lord with Ignis, Awakening, Aether, Hoshido and Vantage

Joker / Maid with Astra, Luna, Breaking Sky, Pavise and Vantage

on my castle, address in OP.. assuming it works!

I just fought your castle just to see what would happen if I recruited a unit, I chose Sakura just because, and it seems like I can't purchase any of the Awakening skills (Ignis, Aether, and Awakening) from Sakura. Hoshido and Lifetaker are fine, even if Hoshido is a skill Sakura could normally never have.

I just fought your castle just to see what would happen if I recruited a unit, I chose Sakura just because, and it seems like I can't purchase any of the Awakening skills (Ignis, Aether, and Awakening) from Sakura. Hoshido and Lifetaker are fine, even if Hoshido is a skill Sakura could normally never have.

yup, you can't buy dlc abilities. you need to buy sakura herself if you want those abilities.

Another anti-hacking measure I've noticed is I wasn't able to go into wi-fi battles with Dragonskin. The moment I connected with five different people, they all immediately disconnected at a very fast speed. When I removed Dragonskin from my units (but kept the other DLC skills), there was no issue.

Edit: Seems this issue carries over to all boss-only skills.

Edited by MrPerson0

No. Those get your castle flagged and nobody can visit until you wipe data.

OK, I was just confused because they weren't in the original list.

Speaking of which, I have two questions:

1. I've read Golems have zero move in the game, yet their base stats have move. How do playable Golems move when hacking if you've created some?

2. Are Soldiers(which are playable via capturing), and the units reclassed into Shapeshifters by-passable online?

OK, I was just confused because they weren't in the original list.

Speaking of which, I have two questions:

1. I've read Golems have zero move in the game, yet their base stats have move. How do playable Golems move when hacking if you've created some?

2. Are Soldiers(which are playable via capturing), and the units reclassed into Shapeshifters by-passable online?

1. Their stats have move but when you go to move them you can't actually go anywhere. It's real weird, but since they can't be brought online I never bothered tampering with it more than just one reclass.

2. If you mean the generic soldier class you see a couple of real early on, yes, you can bring those online.. I had a Lancer/Soldier-classed Joker online at one point, you can see it in the screenshot a couple posts up. Same with Shapeshifting classes, both good to go online. I currently have a Nine-tailed Fox Rinka online, for example. but you can't get this class on /your/ unit, you have to buy my unit

1. Their stats have move but when you go to move them you can't actually go anywhere. It's real weird, but since they can't be brought online I never bothered tampering with it more than just one reclass.

2. If you mean the generic soldier class you see a couple of real early on, yes, you can bring those online.. I had a Lancer/Soldier-classed Joker online at one point, you can see it in the screenshot a couple posts up. Same with Shapeshifting classes, both good to go online. I currently have a Nine-tailed Fox Rinka online, for example. but you can't get this class on /your/ unit, you have to buy my unit

1. Interesting, the existing move stat must've been something they never bothered to remove

2. Yeah, I mean reclassing units to classes unavailable for reclassing, but that are playable. So you mean you can't take a Regular Rinka reclassed to Soldier(Lancer makes me confused with sentinel/Lance Fighter) online, but you can take a Einherjar version of Rinka reclassed to Soldier or Fox Spirit?

1. Interesting, the existing move stat must've been something they never bothered to remove

2. Yeah, I mean reclassing units to classes unavailable for reclassing, but that are playable. So you mean you can't take a Regular Rinka reclassed to Soldier(Lancer makes me confused with sentinel/Lance Fighter) online, but you can take a Einherjar version of Rinka reclassed to Soldier or Fox Spirit?

You lost me with the second part.

I can take a Regular Rinka classed into whatever online, but as far as I am aware you (or anyone on a retail cart that can not do this exploit) will be stuck buying- and using- an Outrealm version. I am not aware of any method to take my Rinka's class and apply it to Your Rinka, meaning you need to just buy the unit if you want Soldier Rinka or Fox Spirit.

You lost me with the second part.

I can take a Regular Rinka classed into whatever online, but as far as I am aware you (or anyone on a retail cart that can not do this exploit) will be stuck buying- and using- an Outrealm version. I am not aware of any method to take my Rinka's class and apply it to Your Rinka, meaning you need to just buy the unit if you want Soldier Rinka or Fox Spirit.

Ok, I gotcha!

I've updated OP with a less scatterbrained, more precise post on what gets flagged and what doesn't. I think I'm about done researching this topic and might make another topic offering to host specific stuff people want, if there's any interest in a service like that here.