So If Marth Had a Secondary Weapon Type, What Would It Be?

Randoman

What would Marth's secondary weapon type most likely be if he had one?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What would Marth's secondary weapon type most likely be if he had one?

Probably bows. As a noble, this is the weapon that Marth would be the most likely to be at least proficient in, due to hunting being both popular as a sport and martial training. It would also compliment his sword skills nicely: Use bows for range and swords for melee.

I would like to note that just because a game might not allow to equip a character with a weapon, this doesn't mean that they literally can't use it. For example Ephraim can definitely use swords. After all, he is the person who taught Eirika. He just decided to focus on spears since his observations lead him to the conclusion that they are superior to any other weapon.

Or how Roy was taught to use swords by Cecilia (a Valkyrie).

I'd also lean somewhere between Staves and Bows but I'll choose Staves since Marth using a Bow might cause some relationship issues seeing as his girlfriend/fiancee/wife is a flier.

It's sorta reflected in his stats, since he has decently high speed and skill and rather low strength by Lord standards.

Um, this actually is well, kind of wrong. In most games Marth has strength growth of 50%, which is more than half of the lords maybe more. When he doesn't have a 50% growth, FE12, it's higher, 60% iirc.

As far as poll goes, while I mentioned Marth healing earlier, I think I'll go with bows.

Edited by DavidSW

Well then I guess I'm just really unlucky because he gained strength really rarely in my run of Shadow Dragon. The RNG for leveling up tends to be very cruel in that game.

Also, while I think it'd be cool if he used bows or staves, I voted lances since it says "most likely", purely because Chrom and Lucina had it

He just decided to focus on spears since his observations lead him to the conclusion that they are superior to any other weapon.

Given how good of a track record lances have had, he wasn't too far off.

Given how good of a track record lances have had, he wasn't too far off.

Yeah, it's downright fascinating how he seems to know how the game works. I mean, he acknowledges the Weapon Triangle and then says that spears beat axes anyway, as if these things weren't even intended to be balanced.

"I gave up on swords after seeing how they fare against spears. Sword, axe, spear, bow…and even magic. I’ve seen them all. The spear always comes out on top."

Edited by BrightBow

Um, this actually is well, kind of wrong. In most games Marth has strength growth of 50%, which is more than half of the lords maybe more. When he doesn't have a 50% growth, FE12, it's higher, 60% iirc.

As far as poll goes, while I mentioned Marth healing earlier, I think I'll go with bows.

Kind of wrong nothing, in literally every game Marth been in, damage was never his issues

He's the strongest character in term of sheer offense in FE1 for the entire game(not to mention the one of tankiest growth wise), the strongest character in term of base offense in FE3, the second or third for damage output in FE11(Forged Rapier FTW), and a superman in FE12

Actually speaking old Lords kinda don't work the way they should be except for Siggy and Seliph who is made to be overpowered. Marth should be a balanced character, ends up as either a Glass Cannon or a Juggernaut. Leif is supposed to be a weak ass scrubs. Ends up being a tank with 20 evasion for free. And in relation to the rest of the party, they are the real Jeigan(more so Leif due to Eyvel, Finn, and Dagda leafing) since they outclass everything else in the early game before slowing down in the mid game.

Edited by JSND

I voted staff for much thee same reasons as the others said (kind of surprised lances are winning since the majority of comments seem to be leaning towards staves) but now seeing no one voted for Tomes kind of makes me want to choose that. :(