The Legend of Heroes Series

王小小

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you allowed to use English screenshots? If so, can you obtain them? If someone's looking up the guide, I think having the skill names in English would make it a bit easier for them!

EDIT: Wait, I'm stupid, sorry! I'll wait until CS2 comes out to give you a proper critique.

Edited by eclipse

Are you allowed to use English screenshots? If so, can you obtain them? If someone's looking up the guide, I think having the skill names in English would make it a bit easier for them!

EDIT: Wait, I'm stupid, sorry! I'll wait until CS2 comes out to give you a proper critique.

Actually, all screenshot that are in english were photoshopped. Like this one for example.

vyt1oiV.jpg?1

or this

k54TrSz.jpg

Edited by Zoelius

I want to avoid spoilers at all costs while waiting for the English version, but that's super hype that you made a guide for it :D

I just beat the first not too long ago, may post a wall of text here, freakin' loved the game~

. . .that's some serious dedication if you manually pasted all the cities/points of interest onto the map!

Wasn't that crazy. If was like taking a bunch of screenshots (like a lot) and meshing it together. And rewriting over the Japanese text.

Anways, the guide end up a little over the top simply because I didn't like how my CSI guide turn out. So I spend a lot more effort with this one. Plus I also have a co author that wrote most of the end game stuff.

And a special bonus, I even put a fanart of Laura at the end credits. It's drawn by my Sister-in-law. then I draw to colour it and kind of failed miserably.

NPnW40O.png

Why did I do that? Because Laura is best girl.!

I'm currently in Chapter 3 of Trails SC, but i'm just curious what people did in terms of their teams at this point in the game, I'm doing fine, but I'd just like to know what team setups you all used.

I picked Agate for reference in terms of who I picked when I had the option. I've been mostly using the team of Estelle (Obv), Agate, Olivier and Tita so far

I blazed through FC, but then I got distracted by a number of things during my start of SC so haha its why I'm still only in chapter 3 ._.

I have finally finished my Trails of Cold Steel II guide with another author.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/763234-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-ii/faqs/73014

If anyone got any feedback. Let me know.

XSEED already mentioned the Over-Rise mechanic in a few instances and it seems they'll be calling it Overdrive

No problem. I didn't see much to avoid spoilers so I can't give too much input, but what I've seen seems solid

That Facebook page might be the best chance to get some localized spellings for some things since they have been posting some stuff there for a while

and done with SC. Usually not a fan of JRPGS but really liked the sora no kiseki duo. Already have some question regarding the 3rd heh.

Probably going to wait for the 3rd before playing CS 1 and 2.

Your sister-in-law is amazing. Laura's a nice touch at the end of everything!

(unfortunately, I am on Team Gaius)

Why can't it be both ?

Gaius is best guy, Laura is best girl.

(Sorry, Elliot, Fie, you only have the second place.)

Why can't it be both ?

Gaius is best guy, Laura is best girl.

(Sorry, Elliot, Fie, you only have the second place.)

Because best girl is Towa. :P:

Gaius/Laura make a pretty cute couple, though.

Edited by eclipse

Because best girl is Towa. :P:

Gaius/Laura make a pretty cute couple, though.

I... forgot about Towa until now... Shame on me...

I was thinking about Towa Reiko (from Digimon Story : Cyber Sleuth), while knowing it was wrong...

I didn't really discussed with her that much (since actual team member took the priority), so I don't have any big opinion on her.

A Tear of Vermillion's translation is hilariously awful. . .but it's not bad in terms of story/characters/gameplay. It's worth playing, if you can ignore the grammatical errors. Haven't played Moonlight Witch, but I should. I'd go for the entire trilogy, though, and get Song of the Ocean - the story may be kinda weak (still better than FE/FFT storytelling), but the gameplay's decent enough.

However, the Trails series takes the amazing worldbuilding in the first trilogy, and amps it to eleven. The cast is amazing, the combat system relies more on prep than execution, and the music is amazing. Though Vermillion and its ilk have nothing to do with Trails, consider it a glimpse of what the Legend of Heroes is capable of.

A Tear of Vermillion's translation is hilariously awful. . .but it's not bad in terms of story/characters/gameplay. It's worth playing, if you can ignore the grammatical errors. Haven't played Moonlight Witch, but I should. I'd go for the entire trilogy, though, and get Song of the Ocean - the story may be kinda weak (still better than FE/FFT storytelling), but the gameplay's decent enough.

However, the Trails series takes the amazing worldbuilding in the first trilogy, and amps it to eleven. The cast is amazing, the combat system relies more on prep than execution, and the music is amazing. Though Vermillion and its ilk have nothing to do with Trails, consider it a glimpse of what the Legend of Heroes is capable of.

I've heard in the original japanese ww/tov/so are godlike in terms of story. Really sucks that the translation is so butchered : (

I think Trails is a lot better. There's amazing moments in Vermillion. There's some pretty good moments in Song of the Ocean, though I felt that Vermillion had more impact. Song of the Ocean is necessary, though, in order to tie the trilogy together.

I think Trails is a lot better. There's amazing moments in Vermillion. There's some pretty good moments in Song of the Ocean, though I felt that Vermillion had more impact. Song of the Ocean is necessary, though, in order to tie the trilogy together.

I've only played the sora no kiseki duology. Plan to play the gargharv trilogy as i'm waiting for the third (don't want to play cold steel yet till I played the 3rd).

Still mad though because i've heard some say the gargharv trilogy in original japanese story might be better than kiseki. You seemed to really like kiseki's world though which i've heard isn't as deep in gargharv so I can see what you mean with kiseki>gargharv.

There's a lot of detail in Trails. Entire country conflicts affect how people act around each other,

[spoiler=Latergame SC stuff]which is really evident with Loewe/Agate

and with Sky/Cold Steel, you see how each country views the other, ranging from major economy to things in the marketplace. Cold Steel really expands on the world that Sky started on.

EDIT: Not that Garghev is bad (it's pretty good in terms of gameplay standards), it's that Trails blows just about everything out of the water.

Edited by eclipse

Song of the Ocean seems impossible to find for a reasonable price though.

Wow, I never bought them due to the terrible translation. I used to see them at my local pawn shop for 10$. kind of regret it now.

That's. . .a pity. It sits between Vermillion and Midnight Witch in terms of timeline, but it helps to flesh out the world.