QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

GHOST

PUMPKABOO, Litwick, Drifloon, Duskull

...and slowpoke

idc if he's ghost or not i need a slowpoke

slowpoke doesn't fight tho he's just there for cuddles

my gym would be SPOOKY BUT LIT BY MANY COLORED LIGHTS because i need real good lighting even if i'm spooky

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DARK

(Despite not being my favorite type, I do like Dark types)

Team: Umbreon, Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Sableye (Rematch: Tyranitar, Hydreigon)

Gym design: A really dark labyrinth.

The gimmick is that there are four switches and the gym leader is out of reach. Pressing any one of the four switches opens up the gym leader to battle from the hard side of the labyrinth, which means required battles. Pressing another of the any three switches left has a bunch of unrequired battles, but you can instantly challenge the gym leader. Pressing the third switch turns on the lights, just for people who want to see WHAT THE LABYRINTH LOOKS LIKE. Pressing the final switch puts down all the walls and all battles are unrequired at that point.

Ghost Type sounds cool in theory

Ghastly / Misdreavus / Banette / Froslass

One of the designs I've had for a long time was a ghost type gym involving exorcism since the pokemon I have are based off of youkai o/ In the beginning of the gym you'll be given a chimecho bell, telling you that there are aggravated spirits that continuously come into the shrine and you'll have to help them exorcise the spirits in order to find the head priest (gym leader). However, you won't know which of the trainers you'll battle are dead or alive, so you'll have to battle them in order to figure out. If the trainer is a spirit, the bell will ring and calm the spirit down back to its dormant state. If the trainer is alive, they'll give you hints on how to get to the priest until you reach to the final destination \o /

dragon or steel. dragon gym would pretty much just be all the pseudo-legendaries + altaria or flygon. steel gym would be aegislash, mega steelix, mega aggron, mega metagross (all have the capability, but of course only one can do it per battle), empoleon, and magnezone.

edit: answering other qotds,

617: 24hr. fuccboi said that he translates 24-->12hr, and that's how i do it too, but then again, i've only ever heard of military saying "zero-three hundred hours" or whatever. i just don't like using two 12hr clocks.

625: when i have money, i treat myself with nice clothes, or if a particular video game i want is out i buy it.

627: "yeah"

629: forgettable. i like to be liked by other people, so i'd rather not be remembered than be disliked.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Ghost Type sounds cool in theory

Ghastly / Misdreavus / Banette / Froslass

One of the designs I've had for a long time was a ghost type gym involving exorcism since the pokemon I have are based off of youkai o/ In the beginning of the gym you'll be given a chimecho bell, telling you that there are aggravated spirits that continuously come into the shrine and you'll have to help them exorcise the spirits in order to find the head priest (gym leader). However, you won't know which of the trainers you'll battle are dead or alive, so you'll have to battle them in order to figure out. If the trainer is a spirit, the bell will ring and calm the spirit down back to its dormant state. If the trainer is alive, they'll give you hints on how to get to the priest until you reach to the final destination \o /

Do you work for GameFreak, per chance? Because I would love to challenge that gym.

A combination of Psychic, Ghost, and Dark

With pokemon like Alakazam, the chandelier, gengar, tyranitar, metagross and the like.

the point of being a gym leader is to have a solely or predominately one-type team you loser, lmao

Not necessarily. Gary oak has a versatile team in gold and silver, and the first gym in black and white 1 varies the gym leader's main pokemon based on your starter.

Not necessarily. Gary oak has a versatile team in gold and silver, and the first gym in black and white 1 varies the gym leader's main pokemon based on your starter.

nerd

Steel, since a lot of my favorite pokemon are steel

Probably would use Bronzong, Doublade, Scizor and Metagross

My gym would be a bunch of platforms with trainers and switches on them and a couple of huge clockwork knights between said platforms. To get to the leader, the challenger would need to defeat the trainers to get access to switches that change the position of the gears, sword and shields of the knights so that they can find the right position for all of them and create a bridge to the Gym Leader's platform.

Dark gym

mostly for being my favorite type, and how there's no dark gym yet

Pokemon: Scrafty, Honchkrow, Crawdaunt, and Absol

Gym would mostly have some spoopy vampire/haunted house theme, with a very obvious path to to the gym leader

but trainers will be hidden somewhere so you when you get challenged, you'll initially be like

the fuck? no one's here

Most of my favorite mons are Water but I also like fighting, electric, and dragon

I think I came up with a fighting team before, though

Lucario, Pangoro, Breloom, Blaziken, Gallade and Lopunny-M iirc

For water i'd go for

Blastoise, Azumarill, Omastar, Sharpedo, Starmie, Kyogre Gyrados-M (shiny)

haven't really thought about the other two tho

I find those different tbh~! Gary's is no type at all and in the bw gym each leader is still limited to a type

Gary was probably just being dumdum and didn't remember the rules he was told ^o^ Or thought he was too cool for the rules...

Edited by Freohr Datia

Dragon

Salamence/2xFlygon/Hydreigon/Haxorus/Kingdra

Sorta like Drayden's gym in B2/W2, only with more dragons.

Edit: Cynthia uses a no type team as well, as does Alder and Dianthia@Freohr's post

Edit 2: wait I was WRONG ignore me

Edited by Takemoto Masae

I find those different tbh~! Gary's is no type at all and in the bw gym each leader is still limited to a typeGary was probably just being dumdum and didn't remember the rules he was told ^o^ Or thought he was too cool for the rules...

As far as black and white goes, each gym leader has two types because they all have a normal, the puppy. Moreover, while you fight only one, there are three gym leaders, thus the gym can't be considered only one of those three types simply because the player only challenges one.

If Gary is breaking the rules than the g/s trainer should bring him to heel.