Invisible History DLC Discussion/Speculation

UnknownUber

Yes, but that content was dummied out. At the end of the day, it was not planned to be accessible to anybody.

With Fates, it's content that is intended to be "released" to the public and have the public pay for it.

How is it "entitled" for somebody to want full access to what they already paid for? The content is complete and intended to be accessed by the player. You're not making sense.

And as for the story: they cut up at least one of the paths to lure people to the 3rd path, but now there's even more story DLC because the previous DLC didn't explain enough.

Fates has hit virtually all the pitfalls of DLC; at least they didn't do something like sell Aqua's costume from the Nohr dance scene as DLC right off the bat.

You didn't pay for Witch or Ballistician or any other locked content. So far, no one has ever made a purchase under the belief that it will give them access to Witch and Ballistician. If you pay for the base game, you get the base game. If you pay for the base game plus bonus content, you get the base game plus bonus content. The bonus content doesn't belong to you as part of buying the base game just because it's on the cartridge any more than unused content belongs to you just because it's on the cartridge. If Nintendo left that content off the cartridge and only made it downloaded through DLC, none of us would be any better off; the only difference is that it there would be problems with PvP between people with and without it.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Witch and Ballistician do not appear to be tied to any specific DLC so much as being available based on playing a lot of DLC, so there may not even be any possible specific download they could've been added as part of. So it only works if they're distributed as part of the base game. I'm not sure how to actually access the menu where you get them, but I'm thinking it could be possible to even get them without any paid DLC at all, just playing the free one a lot. Hard to complain about that.

And yes, I'm not defending the story. THAT is something where, to my understanding, content people could've reasonably expected to find in one of the base games was instead made available only through bonus content. But that's a completely separate issue from the gameplay content and your bizarre (but common) claim that it being on the cartridge is somehow a problem.

Edited by Othin

It's also worth bearing in mind that Witch and Ballistician do not appear to be tied to any specific DLC so much as being available based on playing a lot of DLC, so there may not even be any possible specific download they could've been added as part of. So it only works if they're distributed as part of the base game. I'm not sure how to actually access the menu where you get them, but I'm thinking it could be possible to even get them without any paid DLC at all, just playing the free one a lot. Hard to complain about that.

...Wait, really? Never heard that before.

That still leaves the amiibo, but that's an overarching issue that's more Nintendo than anything, and everybody's in general agreement about the story.

Sorry for all my bitching. Should've just done a little more research.

Again, not confirmed that you can access them with just the free DLC; I believe currently it's not even known how to get to the menu. But yeah there's some bonus menu Vincent found that seems to have the Witch and Ballistician items on it and appears to be linked to DLC in general somehow so it does not appear that they require a specific download like Dread Fighter and Bride did in Awakening.

Man why is always the DLCs which seem to have the better plot... Very intrigued about the new DLC about Hdyra and the Awakening Trio. Though finally I can reclass Kamui to Robin's class with Azura being able to reclass to the Lord class, I can have my main Awakening couple back in this game. Lucina and Robin be proud.

Anyone hoping for some romance backstory for hydra and mikoto here? that hydra's human form really remind me of grima...

Edited by Awakener_

Man why is always the DLCs which seem to have the better plot... Very intrigued about the new DLC about Hdyra and the Awakening Trio. Though finally I can reclass Kamui to Robin's class with Azura being able to reclass to the Lord class, I can have my main Awakening couple back in this game. Lucina and Robin be proud.

Anyone hoping for some romance backstory for hydra and mikoto here? that hydra's human form really remind me of grima...

Heh, I actually planned to give Great Lord to Kanna, to essensially do my best to recreate Aether!Morgan, destroyer of worlds. Currently I am toying around with her running Aether, Luna, Hoshido, Flamboyant, and Galeforce, thus turning her into a one-child-army that can run around solo and kill all the things (44% Aether chance and 35.28% Luna). The alternative plan is Aether, Luna, Awakening, Vantage, and Hoshido

Edited by TheWerdna

Heh, I actually planned to give Great Lord to Kanna, to essensially do my best to recreate Aether!Morgan, destroyer of worlds. Currently I am toying around with her running Aether, Luna, Hoshido, Flamboyant, and Galeforce, thus turning her into a one-child-army that can run around solo and kill all the things (44% Aether chance and 35.28% Luna)

Morgan is just super op if her mum is Lucina or if Chrom is the dad of male Morgan.