Invisible History DLC Discussion/Speculation

UnknownUber

A New set of DLC Maps is set to release on August 20th:

This map seems to explain how Owain, Inigo and Severa entered the world of Fates, as well as the backstory of the Invisible Kingdom. At the end, you will earn a Fellblood Emblem (probably allows a unit to change to the Grandmaster class) and First Dragon Blood (probably allows a unit to change to the Nohr Prince/Princess class).

post-11998-0-82771600-1437674215_thumb.png

I'm gonna throw a few out there predictions:

This will explain why Grey, Matoi, and Shara resemble Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia.

Grima is actually Hydra, that sounds stupid it could be right.

Also,

This is kinda on-topic yet kinda not, I didn't feel this deserved it's own topic but Am I the only one who thought Yukimura was Laurent. They look kinda similiar? Explanation perhaps? Maybe It's just the glasses...

Edited by UnknownUber

Thanks for making the topic ^^

I already posted my predictions elsewhere, but I guess I'll sort them out again.

I think Anankos might be playable, since his weapons aren't enemy-locked.

Maybe Lilith is too or she's an enemy.

Also, I think Anankos and Grima aren't the same thing, since Anankos is neither good or evil, but Grima is clearly evil.

BTW, enjoy some slightly larger screenshots:

fefates-invisiblehistory1.png

fefates-invisiblehistory2.png

Too bad they didn't have one with the Awakening kids.

What I think:

I think it will explain how and why then three FEA kids came to Nohr.I think it will show Hydra's good side and why he got with Mikoto.I think Hydra and Lilith will be playable along side Owain, Inigo and Severa in their FEA forms.(As they said you will be using different characters that are not in your game)

I would like to see:

Them explain why the three kids(Being Gurei, Matoi and Syalla)look like Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja.More interaction between Mikoto and Shemei.(I really hope they are playable in the map too along with Sumeragi and Garon)Finally I would like to see Hydra's transformation to evil.

Isn't it actually one map before and one after the main story?

I hoped we'd get new characters out of this DLC, but the listing for the prize makes it sound like there'll be no characters. At least not any that you can carry to your party.

I'd love it if we could recruit human form Lilith since she's got one of the few character designs I actually really like, but I doubt it. She even looks like an enemy in the DLC.

I don't really know what this DLC will be about, but I think I know one thing that will be mentioned:

The origin of Azura's songs.

Well, I hope this explanation is good, since if it is I won't need to jump through a thousand hoops to try in trying to write a fanfic to explain this whole mess.

Also, I swear the god game, don't you dare go canonizing more of our Awakening pairings.

So that is Lilith. From the smaller screens, she looked older.

I'd love it if we could recruit human form Lilith since she's got one of the few character designs I actually really like, but I doubt it. She even looks like an enemy in the DLC.

I don't really know what this DLC will be about, but I think I know one thing that will be mentioned:

If it is such a big question, then doesn't that, once again, reflect poorly on IS? They're releasing DLC to answer something they teased in the DLC that the main game was a tease for. Coupled with the reveal of cartridge-locked DLC classes, IS seems to be begging for a decent-sized shitstorm with their DLC practices. And quite frankly, I want word to get out; they deserve it.

Also, I swear the god game, don't you dare go canonizing more of our Awakening pairings.

...It never "canonized" any pairing. Since the Outrealm gate seems to be canon now, the kids shown are just one of an infinite amount of possibilities.

...It never "canonized" any pairing. Since the Outrealm gate seems to be canon now, the kids shown are just one of an infinite amount of possibilities.

The only problem there is that the game goes out of its way to push they fact that they are from the Awakening timeline. Even if they are from a different one than a player's playthrough, this means that this alternate version is more important and "more canon" than the countless other versions that belong to other players, which still annoys me.

The classes are included on the cartridge because they're not tied to specific downloads, and the Lodestar and Great Lord classes are available free anyway. There's nothing wrong with the practice; it just makes things easier.

The classes are included on the cartridge because they're not tied to specific downloads, and the Lodestar and Great Lord classes are available free anyway. There's nothing wrong with the practice; it just makes things easier.

I wasn't talking about Great Lord and Lodestar.

There's material on the cartridge that has to be paid to be unlocked. Considering people were all "Nintendo's so great with DLC!" when Mario Kart 8 started doing it, only for amiibo and pricier Smash Bros. DLC to start to calm them down, it would be damning to see this start circulating, and definitely interesting to watch. It's a scummy practice: this is Activision/Capcom BS going on, and it deserves backlash.

The only problem there is that the game goes out of its way to push they fact that they are from the Awakening timeline. Even if they are from a different one than a player's playthrough, this means that this alternate version is more important and "more canon" than the countless other versions that belong to other players, which still annoys me.

What about the kids shown here could be any more canon than the version of the kids shown in Future Past? They aren't going to mention their fathers by name or anything like that.

They come from an old song speaking about the one who welds the yato who'll bring peace or some crap and the pendent is what gives her songs power, I think she naturally has Water powers.

What about the kids shown here could be any more canon than the version of the kids shown in Future Past? They aren't going to mention their fathers by name or anything like that.

That brings up the same issue: I really didn't care about the Future Past versions, since they weren't the same ones from the main game. So if these are from some other universe, then why should I care about them? And wouldn't that make those versions more important as they show up in Fates and also star in a DLC?

I wasn't talking about Great Lord and Lodestar.

There's material on the cartridge that has to be paid to be unlocked. Considering people were all "Nintendo's so great with DLC!" when Mario Kart 8 started doing it, only for amiibo and pricier Smash Bros. DLC to start to calm them down, it would be damning to see this start circulating, and definitely interesting to watch. It's a scummy practice: this is Activision/Capcom BS going on, and it deserves backlash.

There's nothing scummy about it. Game companies have no obligation to offer everything they could cram into a game by release under a $40 price tag. They could've made other things like Witch and Ballistician available in the base game, but there's no reason to believe they would've actually made that extra stuff beyond what already constitutes a full and quality game without the chance at extra compensation for it. As far as we know, all the content that requires paying extra is content that only exists because the DLC sales will pay for it. The fact that it's included in the base game's data just makes distribution easier and ensures it functions properly in PvP. None of this is any cause for complaint; it doesn't make us as players any worse off than any alternative we could reasonably ask for.

There's nothing scummy about it. Game companies have no obligation to offer everything they could cram into a game by release under a $40 price tag. They could've made other things like Witch and Ballistician available in the base game, but there's no reason to believe they would've actually made that extra stuff beyond what already constitutes a full and quality game without the chance at extra compensation for it. As far as we know, all the content that requires paying extra is content that only exists because the DLC sales will pay for it. The fact that it's included in the base game's data just makes distribution easier and ensures it functions properly in PvP. None of this is any cause for complaint; it doesn't make us as players any worse off than any alternative we could reasonably ask for.

...Wow.

Really? If they developed it, and it's in a working condition on the cart/disk, then it should be accessible without paying for more than the base game.

And when have companies ever been like that? There's precedence for this, and it's very bad precedence. Just because it may be different doesn't mean it will be.

...Wow.

Really? If they developed it, and it's in a working condition on the cart/disk, then it should be accessible without paying for more than the base game.

And when have companies ever been like that? There's precedence for this, and it's very bad precedence. Just because it may be different doesn't mean it will be.

In the case of Ballista and Witch, they might want specific characters or chapters associated with those classes, rather than just giving seals to the player by themselves, something that doesn't exist in the base game. There's also still a possibility that they might not even be paid DLC, considering the Lodestar/Great Lord example.

"on-cart" is so arbitrary. IS/Nintendo will set a price for whatever content they feel it is worth, and importantly whatever they feel they can sell, regardless of whatever feelings of entitlement.

This is a PR issue (they could be sneaky and hide development and we would feel better somehow???), not a game content one.

ontopic: I'm pretty hype for more fixed player team maps, as difficulty balance can often be more elegantly and precisely designed there. (and fairly curious about the lore too)

Edited by XeKr

It's super scumy if you want devs to treat you like trash good for you, I'd rather have devs not cheat me.

...Wow.

There's no basis for that kind of entitlement. The companies don't owe you anything more than what they promise you; their job is to deliver a good game with enough content that earns its price and satisfies what they promise.

There's cause to complain that the story stuff isn't delivering as promised through the base game, but not the gameplay content.

It's super scumy if you want devs to treat you like trash good for you, I'd rather have devs not cheat me.

The devs gave me what I paid for, and it's an excellent game. I'd say they're treating me quite well.

Edited by Othin

what's actually on the cart outside of ballastician/witch?

i'm assuming that lodestar/great lord had to be on the cart because amiibos can't hold much

All four Amiibo classes, as well as Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon. All of which seem to be obtainable through multiple means, so leaving them off the cartridge would've just been a big unnecessary hassle and also would've caused them to not show up properly when people without the downloads fight your team.

Plus, it's not like it's a new thing for FE games to have unused or otherwise unavailable content. Past games have had plenty.

Plus, it's not like it's a new thing for FE games to have unused or otherwise unavailable content. Past games have had plenty.

Yes, but that content was dummied out. At the end of the day, it was not planned to be accessible to anybody.

With Fates, it's content that is intended to be "released" to the public and have the public pay for it.

There's no basis for that kind of entitlement. The companies don't owe you anything more than what they promise you; their job is to deliver a good game with enough content that earns its price and satisfies what they promise.

There's cause to complain that the story stuff isn't delivering as promised through the base game, but not the gameplay content.

The devs gave me what I paid for, and it's an excellent game. I'd say they're treating me quite well.

How is it "entitled" for somebody to want full access to what they already paid for? The content is complete and intended to be accessed by the player. You're not making sense.

And as for the story: they cut up at least one of the paths to lure people to the 3rd path, but now there's even more story DLC because the previous DLC didn't explain enough.

Fates has hit virtually all the pitfalls of DLC; at least they didn't do something like sell Aqua's costume from the Nohr dance scene as DLC right off the bat.

Seriously doubt that Anankos and Grima are the same guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they know each other. Grima and Naga both exist in sorta spirit like states at this point and Anankos is more or less implied to be one of the dragons who couldn't become a spirit and went nuts.

They come from an old song speaking about the one who welds the yato who'll bring peace or some crap and the pendent is what gives her songs power, I think she naturally has Water powers.

Yes that's right the pendant gives her those powers. She mentions it with Shigure in their supports, with Shenmei having used it before Aqua and it claiming Shenmeis life.

Seriously doubt that Anankos and Grima are the same guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they know each other. Grima and Naga both exist in sorta spirit like states at this point and Anankos is more or less implied to be one of the dragons who couldn't become a spirit and went nuts.

Yes that's right the pendant gives her those powers. She mentions it with Shigure in their supports, with Shenmei having used it before Aqua and it claiming Shenmeis life.

Aqua said she died saving Nohr and it's people in chapter 7 of IK