H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

he is probably still talking about H5

Yes, I was talking about H5 the whole time... I don't see how an experiment in H1 will get you through H5 >_> Enemies respond much "better" against your hits and are harder to kill.

@SSJDennis the 5-turn I did was on H1, in case you mistook that.

Owh... But, I made a 5turn in H5, about the way you said it. You WILL need a Silver Lance crit on the boss though...

First turn Jagen runs to the fort. Shiida goes down, staying out of range. Marth, Draug, cavs and Gordin move as far as they can. Next turn you kill the pirates with everyone, but Marth, Jagen and Shiida. Jagen runs into the forest to the far right (lower) on the map. Shiida and Marth follow him.

Next enemy phase Marth needs to dodge at least one enemy attack. Hunter moves out. Kill Hunter next turn with Silver Lance hit + Wing Spear hit. Marth runs to Gazzak. During enemy phase the pirates will charge at your cavs and Draug. Shiida can take one hit, so does Gordin.

Now it gets tricky. Rush a almost full HP Jagen to the boss. Hit and pray for a crit. If it hits, move Marth close so one pirate will attack him. Next enemy phase Draug (and possible someone else) will die due too the massive enemies in the middle of the map. Other two upper pirates will attack Jagen, but are unable to kill him. Next turn you can kill spare enemies if you like, or just Seize with Marth.

It seems impossible to get Wyrs. If you don't are able to Seize this turn... It will be 99% that EVERYONE will die at enemy attacks. Still, Ch2 seems impossible without Wyrs healing. But with more sacs and two or three dodges it should be manageable. Again, speaking in H5 difficulty.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owh... But, I made a 5turn in H5, about the way you said it. You WILL need a Silver Lance crit on the boss though...

Wow, very impressive! I'll try and reproduce your strategy/see if I can make it more reliable and/or save more people.

Wow, very impressive! I'll try and reproduce your strategy/see if I can make it more reliable and/or save more people.

50o842.png

get these pirates with 25 HP seems a must for the 5turn. Gazzak stats don't matter, we will crit him anyway. Maybe some may have 26 HP, but especially not the first two. Also not the one to attack Jagen later on, the one between Jagen/Marth in between forest tiles. Or both will be locked in there movement.

Other enemy stats don't seem to matter. Unfortunately getting a crit on the right time is bad :( Also the Hunter may move on a wrong tile, so that Shiida can't reach him. For the best scenaria Shiida moves somewhere that she won't be attacked during enemy phase. That way she can lure both pirates next to Gazzak into the mountain, to try to kill her. If that happens Marth can just walk with being hit before to Gazzak. Pirates will also seem to ignore Jagen then.

You will also find EVERYONE alive this way.

Edited by SSJDennis

OK, so I've now got a 5-turn playthrough of Chapter 1 on H5 that involves no "luck" besides the Silver Lance critical on Gazzak (and I suppose, like 2 Javelin hits); in particular, nobody needs to dodge any attacks, and nobody dies. It may rely slightly on enemy movement; I haven't done enough testing to figure out whether certain movements are random or predetermined.

I'll post the strat (perhaps with screenshots) soon - I don't anticipate making a video, however.

FWIW, the strategy doesn't rely on any growths within the level whatsoever, so I suppose dondon (or someone) could incorporate this into a new 0% growths playthrough if he wanted.

Edited by ruadath

How do you get Marth to aggro one of the pirates near the boss away from Jagen?

If you move Shiida to the right spot on turn2, she can actually attack the Hunter without being in range of any pirates. Thus she stays at full HP.

Next turn crit kill the boss. Marth to the mountain tile. Shiida above, so both pirates around the castle target her, rather then Jagen. Also, hope she doesn't crit kill the first one XD.

OK, so I've now got a 5-turn playthrough of Chapter 1 on H5 that involves no "luck" besides the Silver Lance critical on Gazzak (and I suppose, like 2 Javelin hits); in particular, nobody needs to dodge any attacks, and nobody dies. It may rely slightly on enemy movement; I haven't done enough testing to figure out whether certain movements are random or predetermined.

I'll post the strat (perhaps with screenshots) soon - I don't anticipate making a video, however.

FWIW, the strategy doesn't rely on any growths within the level whatsoever, so I suppose dondon (or someone) could incorporate this into a new 0% growths playthrough if he wanted.

Nobody needs to dodge? I'm looking forward to see what you're doing differently then I am :) For my strat it is important that the first two pirates get killed on turn2. Then on turn3 kill the pirate in between Marth and Jagen AND kill the Hunter. Cain or Abel should wall the pirate, so he can't make it to Shiida. I guess only three pirates only need the 25 HP mark to make this work. And yes, offcourse the crit on the boss...

Also, didn't Dondon wanted to recruit ALL? So that would always make it at least a 6turn strat. Or 7 (I think) if you also go for the first village.

8 turns is the minimum when visiting both villages, 6 is the lowest with wrys if you ignore the 10k gold

EDIT: miscounted tiles, 7 turns is possible with both villages but probably not worth it if you can get the 5 or 6-turn to work

Edited by Gradivus.

no, Lena and Boah do all the warp you need.

I bet you're not aiming for full recruitment, so you can 4-turn C2 and only use one warp each map before C12 (Marth is the bosskiller mostly, you'll get 2-turn clears).

Now a 4turn in Ch2 is what I like to see... Any idea how to make it happen without Wyrs around? Just sac. some units to distract the incoming enemies?

I reckon dondon needs the G to make a Wing Spear.

I'm currently trying to get a video up for 5-turn Chapter 1, which is more annoying than I thought it would be... I cleared it once already, but trying to repeat it with the video running is obviously taking me many trials.

I also don't know if I want to sacrifice my awesome HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Def Cain level...

Video is now live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_jB3ttkHKU

Let me know what you guys think!

Wow, just wow. You actually killed the thief at the start? I even didn't dare to touch him XD

A lot of different movement in the middle, but yours looks more "safe" than what I've been doing. Jagen and Marth also didn't get stuck, which was good. I've been trying to record it myself, but never manege to get the 5 turn clear on the DeSmuME. Also THOSE LEVEL UP!!! O_O

Anything in mind for the 4 turn chapter 2 yet?

I've been doing some research, I think you could potentially get a 61 turn clear (maybe even lower). WITH visiting Ch17x and Ch24x. But you can skip Ch24x I think. Just rig a crit against the first manakete and suicide Tiki once.

Wow, just wow. You actually killed the thief at the start? I even didn't dare to touch him XD

You can always reset enough to have Caeda crit-kill him, since it's the first action and she has 13% crit chance with her Uber Wing Spear.

Anything in mind for the 4 turn chapter 2 yet?

I haven't put any thoughts into planning Chapter 2 yet. Obviously, Darros won't get recruited in the 4-turn, but is Castor worth getting? I know I need to have a certain number of characters dead for 17x or something, so maybe I shouldn't recruit unnecessary people? Let me know what you guys think.

I suppose I should note that I've never played this game before, so I'll need all the advice I can get from you guys! I know Caeda, Cain, Ogma, and Barst (and maybe Abel) are worth training... is anyone else currently on the team worth sticking to?

I've been doing some research, I think you could potentially get a 61 turn clear (maybe even lower). WITH visiting Ch17x and Ch24x. But you can skip Ch24x I think. Just rig a crit against the first manakete and suicide Tiki once.

Cool, you'll have to share your thoughts regarding that with me if there is anything tricky that I have to plan ahead for.

I made a slight change to the playthrough (I have save states), letting Abel chip with his Iron Sword at the end of the last phase instead of with the Javelin (to conserve Javelin uses). I also have an additional save state here if I decide (and I might) that I want Caeda to take the Javelin for Chapter 2 and/or Marth to take Vulnerary.

I think I miscalculated and assumed that you should skip the hammerne. If you get the hammerne though, the total turncount with or without 17x is identical, so you don't have to bother sacraficing units in a precise way. You mustn't go below 15 units either, since the only recruitable between 17x and 20x is Lorenz, and you need 16 units to skip 20x.

Just get Castor if you can. Regular combat units are hardly worth anything in this type of run, he can contribute as a meatshield/temp chipper and just get benched. Killing him probably is more effort than recruiting him anyway.

As said, you don't need non-Marth combattants often. Only train Shiida so she doesn't die brutally when flying through C20.

I think the game can be done in 52 turns, I dunno about your specifics SSJDennis but what I have in mind is basically 2-turn skip all maps between C3 and C12, except C5 which is 4-turned, skip tiki, enter 24x, it costs less turns on the whole I think, due to hammerne, and allocate warps such that they save one turn each use at least, or net resources that convert into turn shaves (strictly only stuff like another warp staff or the hammerne). iirc it's equal when ignoring hammerne, but I'm not sure. I just assumed C17x gets skipped since it's more practical, but I doubt the total turncount varies depending on if C17x is visited.

Marth should be focussed on for exp distribution, he's basically your only combat unit that has to be competent. I suggest you look at the www.fireemblemwod.com maps if you didn't yet since it's a pain to plan without knowing anything.

Edited by Gradivus.

I wonder, is Marth really strong enough to 2-turn warpskip Chapter 3? I mean he's got base 10 Mt with the Rapier, and even with 2 criticals, that's only 2*3*(10-5-2)=18 damage on Reynard (if I calculated that correctly), or perhaps 24 if Marth levels once and procs Str.

And in fact, I think that Reynard has enough Spd that he doubles Marth, not to mention all the other enemies around the base would tear him to shreds.

Do you have any ideas as to how to circumvent this?

EDIT: I suppose if Marth gets a level and uses the Steel Sword, he dishes out 2*21=42 damage to kill Reynard, but this doesn't account for his survivability (or the fact that it's extremely difficult to land 2 crits in a row...)

Edited by ruadath

every map between C3 and C12 was meant to exclude C3

Try to 5-turn C3, 2-turn C4 and C6 through C11 (you can 1-turn C9 with a single warp aswell).

Edited by Gradivus.

I haven't quite finished it yet, but I'm wrapping up the 4-turn clear of Chapter 2 (turn 4, Jagen needs to Silver Lance crit kill boss, Marth is in seizing range, Castor recruited and nobody died).

The playthrough is going to look more rigged than it needed to be, because there was an enemy phase where Ogma needed to dodge 1 out of 3 enemy attacks; instead he critted an enemy, faced another attack, and ended up with 3 out of 4 dodges. I decided to roll with it anyway since all the other stuff that needed to happen on that turn worked out properly.

Also, Marth got the 5000G. Again, since I don't really know what I'm doing, do I want to buy anything? Perhaps a second Steel Axe for Bord/Cord (I don't remember which one)? Or should I just save money for forge stuff?

you don't want to buy any weaponry since only marth will face heavy combat action.

money seems to become extremely tight, the next money is in C6 (5000G) and then like, random droppables in C12 through C17

if you 2-turn C19, rather than 1-turning (doesn't cost turns on the whole if you allocate the warp on another map), you can get some additional money too which probably is important.