Games that broke your heart?

Patchy

Or any game that made you extremely sentimental. Like you can't even watch the intro, if there is one, without having to take a break.

For me there are a few.

Xenoblade Chronicles, which had a story that just broke my heart into a million pieces and I don't think I'll ever recover.

Chaos Rings Omega/1/2 (didn't like 3). Even though these are games for the phones (haven't seen many that play these), the music coupled with the story and the characters. Just ahh, I think these are some of the most beautiful games I know.

Tales of Vesperia, but not quite so heartbreaking for me. Just certain moments I really liked and got me thinking :).

The Last Story

The game up until the last boss was quite good, then I dropped the game for a month just because I didn't want to face reality. Never quite recovered either. (Or it's because I'm a giant baby. Surprisingly I rarely cry when playing games.)

What about you? :D

The biggest one for me has to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Explorers of Darkness. I played through it, beat the final boss, and then cried for like, 30 minutes. If I think about the ending, I get tears in my eyes. Currently playing through Explorers of Sky.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is kinda sad when you restart your town, I guess. Never made me cry though.

Awakening is kinda sad, but I never cried or got teared up.

The last one that made me sad was Fantasy Life. But like, shortly after the end, both protagonists come back like 5 levels later, so not that depressing at all.

Really, I have to say that books make me cry more than video games. Especially Warriors. That series really made me cry. A lot. Anyway, yeah. XD

999 was a big one for me. Then there's like, pretty much every Ace Attorney game...and Phantasy Star IV. Hotel Dusk and Last Window as well, and then there's the classics like Final Fantasy IV and VI, and Dragon Quest V. There's some huge heartbreak moments in The World Ends With You and Digital Devil Saga games as well.

Oh yeah, also Layton 2 and 3. There's a lot! Or maybe my heart is just easy to break.

Hakuoki. Namely Souji's route. I cried at the end and actually a few times in between too. Anyone who knows anything about the Shinsengumi knew that there wouldn't really be a happy ending to that game though.

Hakuoki. Namely Souji's route. I cried at the end and actually a few times in between too. Anyone who knows anything about the Shinsengumi knew that there wouldn't really be a happy ending to that game though.

Oh my god! I forgot about this one. The "good ending" is kinda bittersweet yes but when I got the Bad end just for kicks I TEARED UP SO BAD. I felt bad for a week. (Same when I watched House of Flying Daggers. My world fell apart.

Oh my god! I forgot about this one. The "good ending" is kinda bittersweet yes but when I got the Bad end just for kicks I TEARED UP SO BAD. I felt bad for a week. (Same when I watched House of Flying Daggers. My world fell apart.

I agree, the ending was so bittersweet. I cried more during the good ending than the bad tbh.

Awakening had some sad moments in it like the end and Lucina's judgement Id Sorrow is just a sad all around.

Chrono Trigger DS in the cutscene where Crono dies. (He can comeback but thats entirely optional and changes the ending alot).

People probably saw this one coming but I'll bring it up anyway... when Aeris dies in FFVII. The classic first "heartbreaking" moment.

unless you count that "our princess is in another castle" bullshit.

FF4, after beating Cagnazzo in the Castle... :< the sacrifice. No crying though.

Also Valkyria Chronicles after beating the Beach episode.... It was so sad, and the few scenes after that were so sad too. All the tears...

I believe there is more but I can't think of many others...

Edited by SlayerX

Terranigma has a pretty sad ending.

The Souls games have a pretty bleak atmosphere throughout. I think Bloodborne is the best at this. Shadow of the Collosus also falls under the same banner.

I have no mouth and I must scream is a horror game is probably the most depressing game I can think of, though, and is a horror game that will not relent, even with the occasional hamminess. Sanitarium is another similiar point and click game.

Edited by Tryhard

Mass Effect 3 killed me.

I'm not even talking about being mad about the endings, or that whole controversy. The ending ripped my heart out of my chest and showed it to me like that scene in the second Indiana Jones film. I was depressed for days afterward, and I can't even play the Mass Effect games anymore because of that ending.

It hurt me.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers. I cried pretty hard at Hidden Land with

Grovyle's sacrifice, oh my god.

Mother 3 as well.

Flint's breakdown after Hinawa's death, ouch. Didn't get me too bad the first time I played but I did the second time. Not sure why.

It's worth noting that video games and TV and other stuff doesn't usually make me cry.

Persona 3. There are others, I just can't think of them off the top of my head D:

Oh yeh, and Mega Man X7, but it broke it in a different, which all of you will understand if you've heard anything about the game.

FF7 due to a certain scene.

Ah yes there were some pretty sad moments in that game like

When you finally get to Eliwood's dad thinking you're going to rescue him but nope

or

When Ninian is turned into an Ice Dragon and tries to go back to Eliwood but he kills her unwittingly because of the power of Durandal.

Pretty much all the Professor Layton games barring the first (the first game as an exception to many of the trends in the series...)

The endings for Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, and Azran Legacy were especially brutal. Oh god, I cried like a baby after beating them, and I still do whenever I play again.

If you didn't feel sad when Katia and her grandfather finally got to meet and they hugged each other for the first time, or when finding out about Layton's past and his connection to Descole and Bronev and how everything went to hell in that game, or the ENTIRE GODDAMN ENDING SEQUENCE OF UNWOUND FUTURE WHERE CLAIRE DIES, LUKE LEAVES, THE VILLAIN GETS AWAY SCOTT FREE AND WE SEE CLIVE MENTALLY BREAKDOWN then you have no soul.

Mother 3 and Super Paper Mario made me cry for a decent amount of time as well. Even PL vs. AA, even though I admit that the plot twist for that game was completely stupid.

...I'm either a cold, heartless beast, or I've been playing the wrong games.

The end of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 did elicit more emotions from me than fiction normally does, but eh... .