Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Cass moves to 3,5!
Cass attacks Mercenary #1 with her Hand Axe!
14 Atk, 42% Hit, 4% Crit
(9, 51)
Mercenary #1 takes 14 damage! (8/22 HP remaining)
Cass gains 10 XP!
Cass gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Reassuring News

The villager, a rather scrawny young man, looked at Adele, not quite sure if she were actually talking to him. "Oh? There was these bandits, but a group of fancy folk showed up and put them in their place! They ain't here now though, they set off a good hour back!"

Edited by Shin

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Cass's successful attack, Lionel sprang onto the opportunity.

"Allow me." He said passing by Cass

Lionel moves to 4,5 striking at the Merc with his Steel Lance.

Edited by Jedi

It was too much of a coincidence to actually be a coincidence. It had to be them, and they had been so close!

"Which way did they go? Did they mention a destination?" Adele asked, a somewhat urgent expression on her face.

Lionel moves to 4,5!

Lionel attacks Mercenary #1 with his Steel Lance!
(25 12)
Yeah, that be dead!

Lionel gains 30 XP!
Lionel gains 2 Lance WEXP!

They went that way!

The villager pointed to the west, along the country road. "They went that there way, miss. Didn't speak to them myself, too busy waterin' the turnips. They looked pretty fancy though! Imagine someone important coming around these parts!"

Jean tried to tone out Jeeves and his drivel about the local landmarks, as he had little interest in them. Once again, they shortly found themselves in the heat of a commotion, however.

"You indeed have quite the penchant for finding yourself in trouble, don't you, Lady Adele? Or is it always like this in Wyke?"

Edited by Tryhard

"Thank you very much, Sir." Adeltrudis replied, tossing a gold coin to the man, before wheeling back towards the others.

"I'm certain it was Owen and a set of retainers, it seems they pressed Westward down the trail. We've not time to lose, let us go!" Adele noted to the others, as she readied her travelling horse to gallop, turning her head towards Jean as he spoke.

"Not always, but I've no qualms with it. A bit of trouble is just enough to keep one awake in the day, hmm?" She replied, ready to go.

Again? This is unexpected. Not at all unbeatable, but unexpected. Certainly steeper odds than last time; ah, well. What's the purpose of a Vulnerary for someone without injuries?

Angus moves to (7,11), whomps Archer #2 with Iron Axe, Cantos to (4,11)

"Gerrard, Claire. You'd best back up a mite, if only for the moment. Once they get close, we can charge in earnest. And Claire! I'm raring to give those two," here indicating the Archer and a distant Pirate, "a taste of their own Elixir if they try coming in. Care to help me with that?"

Edited by Terrador

She hit! She hit!? Cass let out a yelp as her axe collided with the man, entirely surprised that she'd even managed to get him, let alone get near him! But as Lionel moved in a made a mess of his chest with his spear, she smiled, laughing a bit. "And that's what you get, filth!" She triumphantly ran over and collected her axe, bloody as it was, and moved back to stay behind her vassal. "That was wonderful! This axe business is so simple!"

Angus moves to 7,11!

Angus attacks Archer #2 with his Iron Axe!
12 Atk, 76% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(57 72)
Angus deals 12 damage! (8/20 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Angus cantos to 4,11!

Jean raised his eyebrow at Adele's reply, and also at the villager's mention of turnips. Quite the barbaric vegetable.

"Hmm, it is certaintly preferable than with being bored to death. Still, it's interesting to see that the royalty takes a more... active approach. Alas, forgive me for not sharing your unwavering enthusiasm."

Jean did follow that with a rather hasty ammendment.

"I'll be right behind you, though!"

Edited by Tryhard

Lionel pulled his lance from the now corpse as it fell to the ground. "That was well done" He smiled at Cass for a moment.

"But, remain cautious, and don't let overconfidence cloud your senses" He said as he looked on to the rest of the battlefield, wondering how difficult this struggle would become.

"If this was a setup, we may be in some real danger, I can only hope Regulus managed to get the message to my family" He thought and then continued talking at Cass "Keep an eye out for that bowman over there, he'll probably strike at me and that will be your chance."

Another group of bandits? What are the odds? Claire didn't really fancy her chances on the front lines, so she decided to listen to Angus' advice for now and fall back behind him. "Just keep the brutes back, and I'll take care of the rest."

Claire moves to (3,11). Armour on.

"Of course it was!" Cass was full of pride and vigor after a strike like that, and cautious words from Lionel would be useless against that pride, as long as things kept going well. "I'll be as confident as I like! These thugs and brutes can't manage to stand to our might!" She laughed again, nodding and taking aim at the man Lionel was pointing out. "Wonderful~! Let him rush to his death! It's all he deserves."

It seemed the only way to Dettard was through hordes of bandit. While a good chance for some exercise it was far from convenient in any way, shape, or form. A quick glance at the force laid out before them told Gerrard to listen to the younger vassal.

Gerrard moves to 2,11 and tries to exist.

Sidney walked along quietly as they headed towards the lands of the Baron, and soon they were confronted with bandits. "Hmm, more of these? They weren't mentioned to me... neither was the prince. So there is a plot in the works..." She walked up a bit, positioning herself towards the front of the battle but then realizing her plight. "There's trees right there... I can blend right in, strategically!" And so she headed to her chosen destination full of total stealth.

Sidney to (5, 5)

"Tch. That is most diplomacy out of the question, Baron Dettard will have some serious explaining." Owen unsheated his sword and walked closer to his sister and advisor. So, I am their priority... The ruffians would definitely swarm after Owen if he didn't know when to keep his distance.

Owen to 3,7.

Gerrard moves to 2,11!

Sidney moves to 5,5!

Owen moves to 3,7!

ENEMY PHASE

Pirate #1 moves to 5,4!

Pirate #1 attacks Sidney with his Broad Axe!
11 Atk, 29% Hit, 1% Crit
(13 20)
Sidney takes 11 damage! (12/23 HP remaining)
Sidney counters with Zodiac Claw!
10 Atk, 96% Hit, 17% Crit
(39, 22)
Pirate #1 takes 10 damage! (14/24 HP remaining)
(59, 37)
Pirate #1 takes 10 damage! (4/24 HP remaining)

Sidney gains 10 XP!
Sidney gains 2 WEXP!

Pirate #2 moves to 7,5!

Pirate #3 moves to 5,6!

Pirate #3 attacks Sidney with his Iron Axe!
9 Atk, 47% Hit, 2% Crit
(27, 98)
Sidney takes 9 damage! (3/23 HP remaining)
Sidney counters with Zodiac Claw!
10 Atk, 98% Hit, 17% Crit
(44 17)
Bye, Pirate!

Sidney gains 30 XP!
Sidney gains 2 WEXP!

Pirate #4 moves to 5,9!

Pirate #5 moves to 7,10!

Merc #2 moves to 5,11!

Merc #2 attacks Angus with his Devil's Edge!
8 Atk, 100% Hit, 9% Crit
(16 42)
Angus takes 8 damage! (23/31 HP remaining)
Angus counters with his Iron Axe!
14 Atk, 61% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(38 11)
Merc #2 takes 14 damage! (8/22 HP remaining)

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Archer #1 moves to 5,3!

Archer #1 shoots at Sidney with her Iron Bow!
4 Atk, 59% Hit, 2% Crit
(86 61)
Archer #1 misses!

Sidney gains 5 XP!

Archer #2 moves to 6,11!

Archer #2 attacks Angus with her Iron Bow!
4 Atk, 90% Hit, 5% Crit
(34 1)
Angus eats a critical hit! (11/31 HP remaining)

Angus gains 5 XP!

Archer #6 moves to 8,8!

Adele and friends arrive on the field!

"Those aren't our reinforcements! Men, Princey-boy has friends! Tell those punks in the forts to hurry up!"

CHAPTER 2 TURN 2

cc9c198d06576c015924ba9f3bc0d013.png

That Sidney girl had ran in and gotten herself hit, leaving Cass to roll her eyes slightly, and grip her axe. At least that archer had gotten closer like Lionel had said, and Cass wasn't about to pass this up. She charged up to her, and aimed that axe hard to the broad side of their arm!

Cass to 4,3, Razor's Edge the archer on 5,3!

Sidney was dismayed to find her position of hiding not at all stealthy, three separate enemies wailing on her with fierce attacks! She stabbed one good in the stomach to heavily injure one, managed to hit the other in the neck, but didn't have time to attack the archer- fortunately, she managed to dodge an arrow that could've proved dangerous. She snarled when the princess passed by her without a care, punching her shoulder as she passed by. "What's your problem?! Gimme a hand here, plenty of people can take care of that!"

Irritated by the princess's continued childishness in such a situation, Sid opted to take her frustration out on the bandit who had survived hitting her.

Sid to (3, 4) to attack with Iron Bow

Angus grunts, purposefully paying no heed to the stream of blood careening down his right side. They're yellow, and I'm nowhere near dead. Even if I can't take a barrage like that again, I can fight! He surveys the nearby foes... who to strike on the way back? That one is... perfect!

"Not even on their best day! They'll be in rout before we know it, everyone!"

Angus moves to (4,10), attacks Pirate #4 with Hand Axe, Cantos to (2,6)

Sure, these wounds could be bothersome eventually, but even now, Angus has the chance to charge a foe! Could be worse--as he sallies away, he sees the spy the Prince hired only hours ago. Oh, yes. Far, far worse. Maybe some encouragement would be helpful?

"Stay strong, now! You'll be fine from here on in--the start's always the worst bit!"

Graham let out a grunt of disapproval; it seemed as if they were careless and waded right into a battle in progress. Though it seemed they were too late to prevent a skirmish in the first place, he could at least help in ending it.

Graham moves to (29, 7) and does archery things to the Soldier

Cass moves to 4,3!

Cass attacks Archer #1 with Razor's Edge!
10 Atk, 81% Hit, 6% Crit
(97 23)
Cass misses!

Cass gains 5 XP!
Cass gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Sidney moves to 3,4!

Sidney attacks Pirate #1 with her Iron Bow!
(40 93)
So dead.

Sidney gains 30 XP!
Sidney gains 2 Bow WEXP!

Sidney grows to level 3!
(32 37 42 24 22 0 76 78)

HP up!
Strength up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Luck up!

Niko moves to 29,5!

Niko attacks Merc #3 with Fire!
11 Atk, 95% Hit, 7% Crit
(73 9)
Merc #3 takes 11 damage! (11/22 HP remaining)

Niko gains 8 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Graham moves to 29,7!

Graham attacks Lancer #3 with his Iron Bow!
12 Atk, 100% Hit, 1% Crit
(70 53)
Lancer #3 takes 12 damage! (11/23 HP remaining)

Graham gains 10 XP!
Graham gains 1 Bow WEXP!
Edited by Shin

Cass wasn't expecting to be shouted at, nor assaulted of all things, and with such shock came repercussions. Her swing went wide, and the archer stood there, stunned for a moment, before laughing a bit at their turmoil. She turned her gaze to the fool who thought she had such permission as to attack her, and glared daggers as hard as she could. "HOW DARE YOU!?" she shrieked, gripping her axe tighter. "If you think for a moment I'll be helping you now, you vile slug, you've got another thing coming!!"