Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

"S-Sweethea-- ugh!" Cass groaned louder, huffing and turning crimson. "I-I am not your sweetheart, or your cupcake, o-or, or anything like that! MY NAME IS CASSANDRA!" She was back to shaking, but more with embarrassment and frustration than anger. "Stop mocking me!" That was all she could say. She didn't really have anything at the same level of insult to toss back, without simply being rude, and she felt it wouldn't be class to do so after they'd made up and apologized and all that courteous stuff. So she sighed, trying to contain her embarrassment. They still had a fight to win, and getting all shaken up by this thief would do her no good.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But that's no fun!" Sidney protested at the princess's dislike of nicknames. "Are you more of a honey type? Or how about something based off your name- Cassie, Sandy? You gotta give me something to work with here. Unless you need one for me, too! Alright, alright, you can call me Skittles." The thief smiled, as if that solved the whole situation, and blew a kiss at the princess accompanied by a wink. Oh, I'll have to keep her name in mind... it could come up later. Cassandra, huh...

Cass couldn't get redder. She could still shrink, though! And so she did, after every single nickname, shaking and shrinking and feeling more and more embarrassed. "Why are you doing this?" she asked, unable to even get indignant, anymore. To say she'd never been this embarrassed in her life would be an understatement. In fact, she couldn't think of the last time she'd actually been embarrassed, when presented with this situation. The kiss and the wink just blew everything off balance, Cass spinning around and tearing up a bit. She folded her arms and wasn't about to put up with this teasing anymore. "Leave me alone! Filth!" Her voice was shaking, she could barely get that out. I don't even get why I'm so upset-- what's even going on!? Just let me alone and use my name!

Sidney's smile turned into a frown- how could the princess not like any of those nicknames?! They were all so perfect! "Jeez, don't you like having a little bit of fun? It's just teasing among friends! And 'filth' is a very rude nickname, princess! Skittles was a totally great suggestion... alright, what's good for you then? I thought Sandy was a winner for sure!"

"Jeeves! You need to get back, you're taking too many of them on!" Adele cried out, as she saw her elder attendant receive several hits. Moving forward to try and take his place so he could rest a tad.

"Touch me up with that healing of yours, I'll take the front line. You take care of yourself... that's an order."

Jeeves to 28,8, Heal Adele
Graham to 26,5, shoot Archer 3 with Iron Bow(at Poly's request, making his move for him)
Adele to 27,4, hold
Edited by Ether

Doug sailed over the group, trying to find an enemy to pick off. What he found was the old butler struggling with the battle. It appeared he had seen a lot of battle; it was quite amazing he was still standing considering his age. The rider was quite sure support was needed at that end. He landed at the tail end of Adele's command, just as she ordered to fall back.

"I think I can assist with that," Doug followed up. As soon as Jeeves was done healing Adele, Doug offered a hand to the elder to get him on the pegasus. From there, they flew away from the battle, watching the results of their strategy from the sky.

"Holy crap! did everyone take a shot at you?" Doug asked Jeeves. "Where'd you learn to fight like that anyways?"

Doug flew to 28,7

Rescues Jeeves

Doug retreats to 28,4

Alright, Angus resolves as he rides back towards the fray, this has gotten far enough out of hand. Usually, this sort of thing would end with an exchange of blows, but that was no option for more than one reason. Maybe Sidney could use a small reminder of what was at stake.

Angus moves to (5,8), equips Iron Axe, uses Vulnerary

Angus gestures out towards the bridge as he uses the medicine, cringing slightly before trying to get Sidney's attention. "You might not give a damn about duty, or respect for one's betters, but take a look over there. Notice the bundle of people there specifically to kill or capture you, your employer, and no few nobles he holds quite dear? And you decide that it's a good idea to not only disrupt our healer's focus, but to antagonize the Prince's darling sister. If only for your own ass, hold your tongue and focus on the battle." He drops the stern tone for a moment, chuckling and shaking his head. "I know all too well the temptation to mouth off--I've done it many a time--but it can wait until after the axes fall."

"I'm moving forward. If you want to impress Prince Owen, you'll join me."

Angus Cantos to (7,8)

"Trot along, pipsqueak," Sidney dismissed the squire as he fruitlessly tried to give her some sort of irrelevant instruction- clearly not knowing his inexperience here. "Me and Sandy here are having a perfectly nice little talk amongst friends, see? I'm not about to get some weak attempt at a lecture. Respect for one's betters- what, do you think you're better than me? There's no such thing as being a better person than someone else. Everyone has their own motivation or angle. You have your own part, and I know mine- don't try and tell me how to play it." She crossed her arms again, turning to the princess briefly. "So, Sandy is cool, right?"

Owen held his Epee ready to strike after the fireball struck the ruffian, but Gerrard was quicker to the draw. "Hm... Alright." Holding the side of his torso, Owen wondered the nature of the swordfighter's weapon. The blade struck deeper into his light protection than any sword of that caliber, it was rather frightening to realize...

"Tch, I'll take care of that wound, let us move on." Some ointment at hand, Owen did his most to keep his pace while applying his self treatment, any other pressing matters would wait.

Owen to (8,8); use vulnerary.

Edited by Xinnidy

Jean moves to 31,5!

Gerrard moves to 5,11!

Gerrard attacks Pirate #5 with his Iron Blade!
15 Atk, 98% Hit, 7% Crit, 11% Luna
(25 36 24)
Pirate #5 dies!

Gerrard gains 30 XP!
Gerrard gains 4 Sword WEXP!

"Of course, Lady Adeltrudis. Perhaps my age is catching up with me."

Jeeves moves to 28,8!

Jeeves heals Adele back to full HP!

Graham moves to 26,5!

Graham shoots at Archer #3 with his Iron Bow!
12 Atk, 99% Hit, 0% Crit
(94 39)
Archer #3 falls!

Graham gains 27 XP!
Graham gains 2 Bow WEXP!

Adele moves to 27,4!

Doug flies to 28,7!

"One picks up a variety of skills throughout their life, especially one as long as mine."

Doug rescues Jeeves!

Doug cantos to 28,4!

Angus moves to 5,8!

Angus equips his Iron Axe!

Angus uses his Vulnerary!

Angus cantos to 7,8!

Owen moves to 8,8!

Owen uses his Vulnerary!

ENEMY PHASE

Pirate #6 moves to 21,3!

Pirate #8 moves to 25,5!

Pirate #8 attacks Graham with his Hand Axe!
1 Atk, 66% Hit, 3% Crit
(90 21)
Pirate #8 misses!

Graham gains 5 XP!

Pirate #9 holds!

Pirate #10 moves to 26,6!
Pirate #8 attacks Graham with his Hand Axe!
2 Atk, 64% Hit, 2% Crit
(50 85)
Graham takes 2 damage! (29/31 HP remaining)

Graham gains 5 XP!

Merc #4 moves to 27,6!

Archer #5 moves to 29,5!

Archer #5 attacks Doug with her Arbalest!
13 Atk, 66% Hit, 2% Crit
(59 55)
Doug takes 13 damage! (7/20 HP remaining)
Doug counters!
(94 58)
Or maybe not!

Doug gains 6 XP!
Doug gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Reinforcements spawn!

CHAPTER 2 TURN 4

a3f6b7e8cdee94188120d9e50db7bfae.pngSPREADSHEET

Edited by Shin

The impudence! The nerve! This ridicule would not stand, but Cass couldn't think of an adequate way to dismiss it! The horror! So with shaking fists and a burning red face, she stormed off, only shouting out, "my name is CASSANDRA!" Whatever was preventing Sidney from getting that through her head was beyond the princess, as even Angus attempted to intervene, getting shut down. Cass would definitely have a long talk with Owen about this! This... This odd form of insult that was hitting her so hard, and yet so baseless that she couldn't even come back at it. How infuriating!

Cass to 8,4.

Edited by Snake Mom

Doug was about to inquire how getting the crap beat out of him was a skill, but suddenly he noticed the shooting out of his right leg. There was an arrow sticking out of it. Doug cursed loudly as he flew away from the scene. Strings of curses filled the sky until Doug descended down to supposed safe ground.

"You better get off here before we're both dead."

Doug to 29-1, drop Jeeves on 30-1

Despite the infighting from the princess and the thief, it seemed that they'd somehow managed to kill the enemies before each other. With the way now cleared, Claire moved towards (what she assumed to be) the enemy leader at the center of the bridge. She wasn't sure what was going on at the other side, but it would be best to take advantage of the confusion if they could.

Claire moves to (9,9) and uses a Vulnerary.

"Alright, just what is going on over there?" Done taking care of his wound, Owen finally took the time to mind that Sidney and Cass were still arguing. "Look... it's a bit unreasonable to overhear so much discussion amidst a battle." He'd brought his hands to rub his temples after the statement, "If you aren't done... I'll hear what you two have to say after battle and decide, is that good enough? Right now, I need both of you as fighters."

That was the extent of the attention Owen could give the matter before turning his head to face the bridge --the assumed leader of this ambush sitting dead in the middle of the crossing. Not enjoying his chances with lancemen and an archer keeping her guard, Owen moved slowly towards the bridge. "Angus, I'll need your help as well." With the passing comment given, Owen extended his attention further past the bridge. There's more further ahead of course... but, are they fighting as well?

Owen to 10-7, hold.

Jean spotted a straggler in the back clutching a bow and drawing another arrow from his quiver - unsure if they even noticed him, but Jean was the punisher of bad positioning in combat. Drawing his gun, he delivered a quick shot aimed at the torso of the unfortunate individual, as he was flanked by Lady Adele.

Jean moves to 30, 5 and shoots Archer #5.

Edited by Tryhard

Sidney giggled quietly at Cass's reaction, only freezing up a bit at Owen chastising them again. "Aww, c'mon! We're not arguing, it's just a bit of friendly teasing! Is that really so bad?" Hmmf, how boring... Looking around, the thief spotted an arena nestled in the woods, smirking. "Well, well... opportunity is something you create, so they say!" She trotted over to the establishment with a hop in her step and mischief on her mind.

Sidney moves to (5, 7) and looks around...

Edited by Reinfleche

Angus to (10,8) use Vulnerary

"Always ready, milord," Angus intones, applying last-minute medicine to approximate his full strength, at least until he was wounded again. "We'll be done with these ruffians soon enough--though I must admit I don't envy you after this!" He tries to keep upright after the jest, wondering a hair too late if this was quite the time for it. Eh, at least he wasn't half the distraction that inane thief was.

Cass moves to 8,4!

Doug moves to 29,1!

Doug drops Jeeves on 30,1!

Graham moves to 27,5!

Graham attacks Merc #4 with Over Flag!
(26 12)
Yeah, he dead.

Graham gains 30 XP!
Graham gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Niko moves to 26,5!

Niko attacks Pirate #8 with Fire!
12 Atk, 100% Hit, 6% Crit
(47 27)
Pirate #8 takes 12 damage! (12/24 HP remaining)
Pirate #8 counters!
9 Atk, 44% Hit, 1% Crit
(0 3)
Niko takes 9 damage! (18/31 HP remaining)
Niko finishes!

Niko gains 10 XP!
Niko gains 3 Tome WEXP!

Adele moves to 28,5!

Adele attacks Archer #5 with Nacht!
10 Atk, 88% Hit, 25% Crit
(4 48)
Archer #5 takes 10 damage! (10/20 HP remaining)
Archer #5 counters!
11 Atk, 57% Hit, 5% Crit
(12 90)
Adele takes 11 damage! (16/27 HP remaining)

Adele gains 10 XP!
Adele gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Claire moves to 9,9!

Claire uses her Vulnerary!

Owen moves to 10,7!

Jean moves to 30,5!

Jean shoots at Archer #5 with his Handcannon!
(22 65)
Dead.

Jean gains 30 XP!
Jean gains 2 Firearms WEXP!

Angus moves to 10,8!

Angus uses his Vulnerary!

Lionel moves to 10,3!