Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Gerrard moves to 8,9!

Sidney moves to 5,7!
Sidney finds the arena!

Rather out of place in the open fields, the stone colosseum stood amongst the foliage, tempting oncoming travellers towards it. A large muscular man, brandishing a menacing axe stood at its door, looking down at Sidney with mild interest.

"Interested in a scuffle, lassie? If you're willing to part with a wee bit of dosh, I can sort you right out. 500 is the basic rate, you can win it back and then some... but there are a few tougher fellas you can face for a little more."

ENEMY PHASE

Pirate #6 moves to 20,2!

Pirate #9 stays put!

Pirate #10 moves to 29,6!

Pirate #10 attacks Jean with his Hand Axe!
10 Atk, 22% Hit, 0% Crit
(79 72)
He misses!

Jean gains 5 XP!

Pirate #11 moves to 20,12!
Pirate #12 moves to 21,12!

Archer #4 moves to 12,7!

Archer #4 attacks Owen with her Bronze Bow!
3 Atk, 86% Hit, -% Crit
(80 90)
Owen takes 3 damage! (19/23 HP remaining)

Owen gains 5 XP!

Lancer #1 stays put!
Lancer #2 stays put!

"Damn, they're better than I thought! Dettard said he'd be weaker than this."

Reinforcements spawn!

CHAPTER 2 TURN 5

afc6843e473e8e8a2b9eafc54c75c2a7.pngSPREADSHEET

Edited by Shin

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That mistake will be your last..." Lionel states towards the archer who struck Owen.

Moves to 11,7 and attacks the archer with his Steel Lance

Upon moving, "Are you alright Prince? I hope that didn't reopen any of your previous wounds..." Lionel starts breathing heavily again. "Damn... these guys did more of a number on me then I thought"

Cass clued back into reality as Lionel asked for healing, still blushing and embarrassed, but at least aware enough to see he was bleeding. Despite this, he ran into the enemy in front of him, performing as expected. It was quite a sight to see someone injured still fighting as if they were at one hundred percent. "Y-Yes, one moment..." she meekly replied, following after him and healing his wounds after he finished striking at the archer.

Cass to 11,6, heal Lionel

Lionel moves to 11,7!

Lionel attacks Archer #4 with his Steel Lance!
12 Atk, 98% Hit, 3% Crit, 10% Sol, 10% Adept
(88 46 58)
Archer #4 takes 12 damage! (8/20 HP remaining)
(75)
(96 78 81)
Lionel finishes!

Lionel gains 23 XP!
Lionel gains 3 Lance WEXP!

Cass moves to 11,6!

Cass uses Heal on Lionel! (19/26 HP)

Cass gains 15 XP!

Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

"Thank you kindly" He said to Cass breathing easier again, "She is a distraction I know, but you can't let yourself be flustered by her demeanor. It could cost you or someone else their life in a situation such as this" He gently explained.

"I'm not criticizing you, just doing my job" he smiled. "Now lets finish this shall we!?"

Sidney walked into the arena, feigning surprise when the man at the door addressed her. "A fighter? Who, me? Naw, I'm faaar too fragile for any sorta real fighting business. Seems like a pretty lively place for such a remote location, isn't it? Maybe there's something more my kinda thing going on, or something... interesting you could tell me, hmm? Or I could just watch, especially if there's a particularly nice spectator spot..." She leaned forward as seductively as she could, quietly glancing around to look for anywhere that looked like it could be a place where money was stored. Maybe there's some opportunity for some... extended borrowing from people watching?

(Sidney doesn't move her spot)

"...Tch." Owen held his shoulder as he was nicked, the arrow thankfully failing to pierce deep. "Ah, thank you, Lionel, but I will be fine." A passing shout from their loud assailants, however, turned Owen's head in an instant. "Baron Dettard?!" He let a shout as loud as the one before, "Who said that?" Owen had jumped to his senses, needing a moment to regain composure. "If you truly serve that man... drop your weapons, and you might yet live."

That was treason. Owen knew his plans of diplomacy held ground no longer. If only he could get odds further to his side before confronting the Baron...

Owen to (11,9).

Edited by Xinnidy

Calling for surrender? Now? Doesn't seem too likely to work, but what the hell. So long as there's no suicidal call to lay down arms...!

Angus moves to (14,8)

Angus attacks Lancer #1 with Hand Axe

Angus looks down at his enemy, smirking with a comic, ironic sort of pity. "You're not looking so good, there. I wouldn't want to fight if I looked like you, eh?"

Angus Cantos to (12,9)

Sidney inquires!

The doorman looked intrigued, grinning with the smile of an unashamed conman. "Yeah, if fightin' ain't your cup o' tea, you can always place a bet or two. That's where the real dosh is. Come with me."

The inside of the arena was rather worn and battered, the ring's walls cracked and crumbling from its use. A pair of men had just stepped out into the arena. One large and brutish, most likely a bandit from Magonsaete - the loin cloth was a give away. The other was a lot smaller, although the grip he had on his sword suggested he'd had at least some formal training.

"Take yah bets, missy. You get back double what yah put in, we got some good bets on the smaller fella."

Owen moves to 11,9!

"No chance, princey. I like my chances. You'll have to do it the hard way."

Niko moves to 26,9!

Niko uses his Vulnerary!

Angus moves to 14,8!

Angus attacks Lancer #1 with his Hand Axe!
12 Atk, 82% Hit, 1% Crit, Charge Possible
(37 7)
Lancer #1 takes 12 damage! (14/26 HP remaining)
Angus charges!
(97 10)
Angus misses!

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Angus cantos to 12,9!

Edited by Shin

"So, despite managing to set up an ambush, these morons haven't even managed to defeat one of us." Claire scoffed, speaking loudly enough that the rest of the enemy force on the bridge could hear her. "Dettard should really be more selective about who he hires." She figured that if they were willing to surrender to Owen, this wouldn't change anything, but perhaps taunting them a little might cause them to go for an unfavourable fight instead of standing their ground - or simply retreating across the bridge.

Claire moves to (10,9) with armour.

Edited by SB.

Claire moves to 10,9!

"Don't worry, you'll have your turn too."

Graham moves to 27,6!

Graham shoots at Pirate #10 with his Iron Bow!
14 Atk, 100% Hit, 0% Crit
(5 31)
Pirate #10 takes 14 damage! (10/24 HP remaining)
Pirate #10 counters!
2 Atk, 54% Hit, 2% Crit
(95 89)
Pirate #10 misses!

Graham gains 10 XP!
Graham gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Graham grows to level 3!
(76 91 15 62 40 76 64 19)
HP up!
Res up!

Jean moves to 29,7!

Jean shoots Pirate #10 with his Handcannon!
(19 12)
Bang!

Jean gains 30 XP!
Jean gains 2 Firearms WEXP!

Jean grows to level 3!
(69 48 0 9 54 9 52 3)
HP up!
Strength up!
Magic up!
Skill up!
Luck up!
Res up!

Adele moves to 27,9!

Adele takes Niko's Vulnerary and uses it!

Jeeves moves to 29,21

Jeeves casts Heal on Doug!

Jeeves grows to level 2!

(39 81 53 96 29 32 70 83)

HP down!

Speed up!

Luck up!

Nothing like a quick healing to change fortunes. Doug gave a nod to Jeeves before flying back into the fight. Niko's warning to stay back was in the back of his mind, but being healed gave Doug a boost. Still, he didn't try to engage the nearby pirate head-on. He did however decide to taunt.

"Battle's over here, dummy!"

Doug to 22-1, equips iron lance

Edited by Toogee

Doug moves to 22,1!

Doug equips his Iron Lance!

"Yarr, I be goin' to get my treasure. I be burying it before the battle!"

Gerrard moves to 11,8!

ENEMY PHASE

Pirate #6 moves to 17,1!

Pirate #6 looks rather content!

Pirate #9 stays put!

Pirate #11 moves to 21,11!

Pirate #12 moves to 22,11!

Pirate #13 moves to 20,12!

Pirate #14 moves to 21,12!

Lancer #1 moves to 12,9!

Lancer #1 attacks Owen with his Steel Lance!
12 Atk, 80% Hit, 1% Crit
(52 33(
Owen takes 12 damage! (7/23 HP remaining)
Owen counters!
5 Atk, 75% Hit, 2% Crit, 6% Astra
(0 49 46)
Owen deals 5 damage! (9/26 HP remaining)

Owen gains 10 XP!
Owen gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Lancer #2 moves to 13,8!

Lancer #2 attacks Angus with his Steel Lance!
9 Atk, 45% Hit, 4% Crit
(52 55)
Lancer misses!
Angus counters!
12 Atk, 83% Hit, 2% Crit, Charge possible
(45 43)
Lancer #2 takes 12 damage! (14/26 HP remaining)
Angus charges!
12 Atk, 83% Hit, 2% Crit
(42 4)
Lancer #2 takes 12 damage! (2/26 HP remaining)
Lancer #2 attacks!
9 Atk, 45% Hit, 4% Crit
(53 4)
Lacner #2 misses!

Angus gains 10 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Hilde was provoked by Claire!

Hilde moves to 13,9!

"It's nothing personal princey, I just don't feel like letting my family starve."

Hilde attacks Owen with her Hand Axe!
9 Atk, 54% Hit, 6% Crit
(80 86)
Hilde misses!

Owen gains 5 XP!

Chapter 2 Turn 6

78b843d1766ef372634c575c91bb2d06.png

At least Sidney had left her alone to deal with whatever she wanted to do-- whatever it was women like her did. Unfortunately, Cass was watching deja vu, as Owen took another hard hit, and then narrowly dodged what would have been almost certain death. She rushed over to him, grumbling and near flailing. "You tell us to stop arguing when we're on a battlefield and then you nearly get yourself killed, again! Take better care of yourself!" The worry was welling up with her earlier confusion and a bit of anger for Owen's lack of personal safety. She healed him anyway, but she was definitely not in a good mood.

Cass to 11,10, Heal Owen

"Bets, huh..." Sidney mused things over in her head. Sword guy doesn't look too bad, and he's got the natural advantage... I'll go with it. "Sure. 300 on the shorty swordie!" She gave him the amount of gold promised, moseying her way towards the stands where others were seated and peeking at their pockets. People never even see it coming when you're forward about it. This'll be too easy... She made her way towards a younger looking man. "Fighting abound, huh? Which one are you betting on? Name's Thalia."

Angus attacks Lancer #2 with Iron Axe

Angus Cantos to (14,9)

Angus tilts his head inquisitively, feigning curiosity. "See, that's a bit odd. I would've sooner done quite a few things with my life. Begging coin from passersby... scavenging grain from harvested fields... taking an axe to the water and hoping to chance upon fish!" He leans in, emphasizing his mounted height and the quickly-developing trap. "I'd bet those fill the stomach a mite more than dirt and stone, don't you?"

Hmph. Jean was untouchable, and no mere axe was about to rend him... aside from that one time before. Still, he wanted to be the one to lead this rag-tag group from the front, as he saw another delegation of enemies arriving around the base of the bridge, and so moved to intercept them.

Jean moves to 26, 9.

Cass moves to 11,10!

Cass casts heal on Owen! (19/23 HP)

Cass gains 15 XP!

Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

The man seem rather surprised by Sidney's approach, nearly jumping out of his seat as she spoke. "Oh? Me? I'm voting on the small guy, he seems a lot speedier... those guys always seem to come out on top. I'm Arnet, I come here from time to time. Sure beats plowing the fields."

Niko moves to 21,9!

Niko attacks Pirate #11 with Fire!
10 Atk, 95% Hit, 5% Crit
(68 28)
Pirate #11 takes 10 damage! (16/26 HP remaining)

Niko gains 8 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Angus attacks Lancer #2 with his Iron Axe!
(8 4)
Sucks to be Lancer #2!

Angus gains 33 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Angus cantos to 14,9!

Claire moves to 12,7!

Claire attacks Lancer #1 with Fire!
(27 31)
Also sucks to be Lancer #1!

Claire gains 36 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Claire grows to level 3!