Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fields? Damn... I figured the people that would be betting here would be totally loaded! I picked the wrong guy... oh well. Sidney kept a straight face despite her disappointment. "Arnet? Nice to meet you. Yeah, I picked shortstuff too... seems like he has the edge. You're from near here, then?" All the while Sidney swept her eyes around, second-guessing her thoughts on who was most likely to have money after her poor first try. Edited by Reinfleche

"Ugh... Sorry, Cass." Owen flinched as the axe flew right past him, taking a deep breath as his color slowly returned. He had no intention to argue with Cass that this was a close one. "I... I won't let this happen to me again." Struggling to remain his composure, Owen walked forward, Epee in hand, staring at their aggressor with what bravado he could find . "Well? I take it you still fancy your chances?" With a smirk, Owen held his swordarm, ready for a counter, but not quite looking to be the aggressor... yet.

Owen to (12,9).

Though he wasn't one to pick off a guy who was just grabbing his things, he was one the invaders. This probably wasn't his treasure anyways.

Doug moves to 19-1

Uses javelin on Pirate #6

Moves back to 20-1

Adele moves to 25,9!

"Of course, Lady Adeltrudis. The pain has subsided, my service shall not falter."

Jeeves moves to 28,4!

Gerrard moves to 13,8!

"I'm not dying just yet, bring it."

Gerrard attacks Hilde with his Iron Blade!
12 Atk, 87% Hit, 4% Crit, 11% Luna
(41 67 80)
Gerrard deals 12 damage!
Hilde counters!
11 Atk, 45% Hit, 5% Crit
(87 59)
Hilde misses!

Gerrard gains 12 XP!
Gerrard gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Gerrard grows to level 3!
(87 20 92 78 12 90 8 71)
Strength up!
Speed up!
Defense up!

Arnet nodded. "Yeah, I'm from the village to the west. I saved up some good money, I'm hoping I can make a little more. I have eight hundred with me, and half of that's on the small guy. What about you, are you from around here? I certainly haven't seen you before!"

Owen moves to 12,9!

Doug moves to 19,1!

"Yarr, what ye be doing? I have no taste for this battle!"

Doug attacks Pirate #6 with his Javelin!
9 Atk, 47% Hit, 5% Crit
(88 19)
Doug misses!

Doug gains 6 XP!
Doug gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Doug cantos to 20,1!

Edited by Shin

Graham seemed to be satisfied with his own work for now, but he still wished to protect the prince. It seemed that there was greater treachery afoot than he had initially realized, and that wasn't something he was about to stand for. However, all he could do for now was wait, lance in hand, for a chance to prove that treachery was something that would not stand in this land or any.

Graham moves to (25,8) and equips his Over Flag.

Lionel observes in place and doesn't move this turn.

His eyes wandering off to the edges of the battlefield seeing if he can catch a glimpse of possible reinforcements for either side.

Graham moves to 25,8!
Graham equips Over Flag!
ENEMY PHASE

"Yarr! What ye be doing ye silly goose? I not be fighting!"

Pirate #6 stays put!
Pirate #9 stays put!
Pirate #11 moves to 22,9!
Pirate #11 attacks Niko with his Iron Axe!
12 Atk, 70% Hit, 1% Crit
(92 78)
Pirate #11 misses!
Niko counters!
10 Atk, 95% Hit, 5% Crit
(93 77)
Niko deals 10 damage! (6/26 HP remaining)

Niko gains 9 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!
Pirate #12 moves to 21,8!
Pirate #12 attacks Niko with his Iron Axe!
12 Atk, 70% Hit, 1% Crit
(4 9)
Niko takes 12 damage! (16/31 HP remaining)
Niko counters!
10 Atk, 95% Hit, 5% Crit
(46 8)
Niko deals 10 damage! (18/28 HP remaining)

Niko gains 9 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Niko grows to level 9!
(35 4 96 48 48 27 89 51)
HP up!
Luck up!
Pirate #13 moves to 21,11!
Pirate #14 moves to 22,11!
"Don't you dare underestimate me!"
Hilde attacks Owen with her Maul!
9 Atk, 59% Hit, 6% Crit
(20 99)
Owen takes 9 damage! (10/23 HP remaining)
Owen counters!
7 Atk, 87% Hit, 0% Crit, 6% Astra
(11 13 84)
Owen deals 7 damage! (13/32 HP remaining)

Owen gains 13 XP!
Owen gains 1 Sword WEXP!
CHAPTER 2 TURN 7

Owen got himself into another fight, and Cass huffed, moving over to him and treating his new wounds again. Sincerely, he is not allowed to lecture me about anything anymore, if he keeps getting himself beat up like this. With a frown on her face, Cass applied magic.

Cass to 11,9, heal Owen again

Four hundred... barely worth the trouble. Sindey mulled things over more, almost missing the question she was asked. "Oh! Well, I'm a merchant from Raewald, you see! But I got separated from my company when we were headed to the capital and attacked by bandits, but luckily I managed to escape. This was the first place I saw, so I thought I'd take a look around. I'll probably need to head off after this." She turned back to the arena. "When are they starting, anyway?"

Claire stretched out her arm in front of her, conjuring a small flame at her fingertips before responding. "Don't worry. You'll get no sympathy from me." Without further delay, she shot it straight at Hilde.

Claire moves to (12,8) and Fires away.

Edited by SB.

Angus shoulders his axe, turning off after witnessing his comrades' success in that battle.

"Looks like we have this sorted, but there's still some pirates 'cross the bridge. If I may?"

Angus moves to (20,9)

Angus attacks Pirate #12 with Hand Axe

Owen took the hit with a grunt, but soon felt his sister's healing magic backing him up. Deciding more words weren't worth the trouble, Owen swung his sword to put his assailant down.

Attack Hilde with Epee.

Edited by Xinnidy

"Huh?" Doug was taken aback by the pirate's neutrality in this fight. The rider was already regretting starting the fight to begin with, but now that this guy seemed to be decent, Doug felt he had to apologize. Putting his javelin away, he landed on the island and dismounted. Niko would probably berate him for this later should he ever find out, but Doug wasn't about to kill a man unwilling to fight.

"Hey...uh...sorry about that," Doug began, regret in his voice. "All of these other pirates were trying to kill us. I thought you might be with them. What's your name?"

Doug moves to (18,1), shoots the breeze with Pirate #6

Cass moves to 11,9!
Cass casts heals on Owen! (22/23 HP)
Cass gains 15 XP!
Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

"They should be starting soon, oh!" The two men at the centre of the arena drew their weapons, lunging at each other. "Are you sure you have enough to get back? I've got a few friends here, they might be able to lend you some."

Claire moves to 12,8!

Claire attacks Hilde with Fire!
7 Atk, 84% Hit, 0% Crit
(1 58)
Claire deals 7 damage! (13/32 HP remaining)

Claire gains 12 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Adele moves to 23,9!

Adele attacks Pirate #11 with her Bronze Axe!
(42 62)
Dead.

Adele gains 33 XP!
Adele gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Angus moves to 20,9!

Angus attacks Pirate #12 with his Hand Axe!
14 Atk, 63% Hit, 1% Crit, Charge not possible
(78 22)
Angus misses!

Angus gains 5 XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Doug moves to 18,1!
Doug chills with Pirate #6!

"Yarr! I can be seeing ye misunderstanding! I be Salty Simon! Ye seem like a nice fella... despite ye attire!"

Doug gains 10 XP?

Doug grows to level 3!
(94 47 15 80 38 21 15 85)
Strength up!
Speed up!
Luck up!
Defense up!

"I see the reaper in your eyes, my time has come at last."

Owen attacks Hilde with Epee!
(30 33 47)
Hilde falls!

Owen gains 83 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Owen grows to level 3!
(85 38 89 87 49 14 26 46)
Strength up!
Luck up!

"Cedric... forgive your mother."

MAP COMPLETE
- Defeated Hilde (Turn 7)

[spoiler=BEXP]
Owen gains 20 XP!
Cass gains 20 XP!
Lionel gains 20 XP!
Angus gains 30 XP!
Claire gains 20 XP!
Gerrard gains 30 XP!

Adele gains 15 XP!
Adele grows to level 4!
(37 20 35 43 69 81 86 9)
HP up!
Strength up!
Skill up!
Res up!

Graham gains 25 XP!
Niko gains 25 XP!
Doug gains 30 XP!
Jean gains 20 XP!
Sidney gains 35 XP!

With the battle over, the remaining few pirates flee - that is all except Salty Simon. With Hilde's forces gone, the mystery of Dettard and his treachery becomes clearer, although Owen is no closer to understanding his motives. The sun still high in the sky, Adele and her forces had become visible across the bridge.

Wiping his brow, Jeeves wearily stepped forward, the poor butler rather out of breath. "Lady Adeltrudis, are yourself and Master Graham alright? I apologize for my performance, my age appeared to get the better of me."

All players are free to post!

Edited by Shin

Niko let out a quiet sigh of relief as the battle ended. Getting off the bridge, he noticed the group of people that had finished the leader of the bandits. He stayed a safe distance away, knowing that these were likely the royals that they had been chasing after. Instead he started looking around for Doug.

"I am fine, as he appears to be. But we must cross the bridge with haste to check on Prince Owen... and do not worry of it, Jeeves. I prefer you alive to efficient." Adele noted to her butler as he approached with an apology, before beginning to cross the bridge upon which the battle had concluded, to meet the party gathered on the other side.

"Owen, are you well? It seems we made it in time... Cassandra?" Adeltrudis began, before noticing that not only was the crown prince present, so was the Princess. Well, that could have ended even worse than initially thought...

And there she went, Owen putting an end to the fool that had tried to challenge them. "Good riddance. That fool Dettard should've chosen more tight lipped assassins. Now we know it was him! Honestly... I wonder where these bandits get the audacity." At least there weren't any of them left to foul Cassandra's mood further with their presence. She was still a bit shaken up over Sidney, and would have to speak with Owen to figure things out. She'd disappeared after, so Cass was thankful for that, but it was still jarring.

But, if Cass ever needed something to lift her mood, it was this. Another group was crossing the bridge, and while she didn't recognize the man, she definitely recognized the girl behind him. "Adele!" A bright smile appeared and Cass hopped over, throwing a hug at her friend. "Oh, it's been too long~ And Graham, too! How wonderful~" She shot the older brother a smile, letting Adele go. "What in heavens are you two doing out here? Oh, what a wonderful surprise. This makes today good, even after everything." You couldn't tell she'd been yelling earlier, the smile on her face growing from ear to ear.

"Oof... hello, Cassandra." Adeltrudis replied, bracing herself for impact as the younger sibling threw launched herself with the wanton force of a thousand suns. Reciprocating the girl's hug, and leaving her arm at rest on Cassandra's back, just above her waist, as the embrace ended, Adele looked back at both her and her brother with a rather stern expression.

"As for why we're here, we were ambushed at our lakeside manor by brigands. Their intent was to take your head, Owen... I'm simply glad that my hunch that you would be here was correct, else this may have ended poorly." Adele noted sombrely, letting out a sigh.

"If you have any wounded, allow Jeeves to see them. He should be on the other side of the bridge, still."

She was still happy, but she curbed her enthusiasm just a bit, upon hearing that her friends had been beset with similar assassins. She sighed, taking another step back to allow Owen into the mix. "We should apologize for that, then. We don't know why we're suddenly being attacked, but we do know who did it. Dettard." She said the name and followed it with a nod, folding arms under her chest. "And... That's all we know. We don't know why he's turned coat, but... Well, I'll let Owen fill you in on the rest. I'm just glad you're both here... eheheh~" Cass couldn't help but giggle just a bit, unable to hold back her enthusiasm entirely.

Friends! Now we're in business! "Oh, so they are starting. Friends, you say? That would be much appreciated, to be honest! It can be tough getting around places, especially alone, but I should probably try to head for the capital and meet my coworkers there. If they really wouldn't mind I'd be extremely grateful!" Sidney smiled charmingly, idly watching the fighters continue on.

Owen looked to the blood in his blade as he put the corpse down to the bridge's floor. Cedric, huh... His assailant's last words wouldn't sit still in his mind as Owen cleaned the blade. I guess I harmed that child for his mother's offence, even then... Sigh, "What a messy situation. We will get Baron Dettard to explain this offence, on the end of a sharp sword. He's become dangerous." With a frown, he sheathed his sword and turned to face a familiar voice, "...Adele?" Repeating after his sister, he followed in a slower pace.

"Hello, Adele. And you too, Graham." Owen greeted, joining the conversation as Cass took a step back. "What Cass said is true. We've suspected Dettard of being in contact with Magonsaete recently. These assassins also spoke of him as their employer. I wouldn't be surprised if those that attacked your manor where also hired by him." Owen's expression softened, "Still, I am glad both of you are fine, too. We are planning to meet with Dettard soon, uninvited. Yet, now I'm not quite sure how unexpected we are, nor how well he'll welcome us."

"Well, at least you got a name. The guys after us knew a whole lot of nothing... I just came this way because Dettard was the only property in the area aside from our own, as I said, I'm just glad we found you guys." Adele noted, eventually cracking a smile.

"Well, if that's the case, then we can just break down the door, if he won't welcome us. Geez, I didn't ask my father for reinforcements since I feared he'd tell us to standby and we would be too late, but maybe that wasn't the best idea..."