Shin

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidney moves to 15,15!

Sidney rescues Claire!

Lionel moves to 16,9!

Lionel trades his Steel Lance for Doug's Heavy Lance!

Jeeves looks over at the minefield curiously!

Jeeves moves to 16,10!

Jeeves casts heal on Lionel!

Lionel returns to full HP!

Jeeves gains 8 XP!

Jeeves gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Graham moves to 12,13!

Cassandra moves to 16,14!

Cassandra casts heal on Angus!

Angus returns to full HP!

Cassandra gains 15 XP!

Cassandra gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Adele moves to 17,14!

Angus moves to 14,14!

Angus rescues Niko!

Angus moves to 12,14!

Owen moves to 11,14!

Owen takes Niko and drops him on 10,14!

Gerrard can't move to 11,13!

Gerrard moves to 11,12!

Doug moves to 15,14!

Doug takes Claire!

ENEMY PHASE

"OK, approach them, boys... but watch out for those mines!"

Merc #1 moves to 8,8!

Merc #3 moves to 7,11!

"So reckless... mages, be warey of his silly toys."

Mage #1 moves to 6,12!

Mage #1 suddenly stops!

Mage #2 moves to 5,13!

Chapter 3 TURN 8

e9c74687669612557f7b4a534cc74732.png

SPREADSHEET

Edited by Shin

Lionel had his target in sight, an enemy armor with a very heavy looking blade, but with his quick movements and the forest to his back, he felt he would be able to avoid the swings.

"Master Jeeves, I would appreciate you having my back in case this goes awry" he said to the aged warrior

Lionel then charged forward to (16,7) striking at the Armor with his Heavy Spear

Niko moves to 8,14!

Niko equips Fire!

Lionel moves to 16,7!

"Bandits? Wait..."

Lionel attacks Armour #1 with his Heavy Spear!
26 Atk, 100% Hit, 8% Crit, 10% Sol, 10% Adept
(28 65 4)
Sol activates! But Lionel doesn't care!
Armour #1 takes 26 damage!
(92)
Armour #1 attacks!
(7 12)
So close!
(93 3 2)
Sol activates again!
Lionel just doesn't care!
Lionel wrecks Armour #1!

Lionel gains 43 XP!
Lionel gains 6 Lance WEXP!

Lionel grows to level 5!
(55 90 9 91 5 91 15 3)
HP up!
Magic up!
Speed up!
Defense up!
Resistance up!

Lionel picks up a Dracoshield!

Mines were becoming more of an issue for their foes than the team. Doug was perfectly content in sitting in the sky and watching them blow up. He even had a passenger to enjoy the sights. However, there was a battle to be won, so he stayed close to the ground. He wasn't particularly knowledgeable of the mage behind him, and with things currently handled by the others, he thought it a good time to start some banter.

"So, how are you back there, Ms. Claire?" Doug said to Claire. "Pretty sure the mines won't activate if we don't touch the ground."

Edited by Toogee

Nothing to do but move forward at this point, Adeltrudis noted to herself. Although, seeing the newcomer go up in flames was far from reassuring... seeing one of Owen's vassals move, she figured there were unlikely to be any mines where he had been standing.

Adele to 12,14, equips Nacht

Edited by Ether

Claire wasn't really sure about this whole flying thing. They weren't too high up, sure, but she'd never done this before and was afraid that she would go flying over the side at any moment. "I-I'm fine, erm, Doug." Hopefully she'd got his name right - she didn't want to make a fool of herself here, after all. They were kind of far away from the fight now, but maybe she could hit something one of the enemies from high up and her magic would be able to travel further. It was worth a shot, at least.

She took both of her hands off of the pegasus and regretted it immediately. As it turns out, trying to balance on a flying horse without holding onto anything is kind of difficult. After flailing around on the beast's back for a moment, almost dropping her tome, she luckily managed to fall forward and sort of used Doug as a cushion. She ended up clinging to him to keep stable, which he probably wasn't too happy about. "Sorry..." she mumbled. She thought about getting off of him, but didn't want to fall, so she just held on for dear life. "Flying is really hard." Even if she wasn't the one really doing anything. Hopefully Doug would let her down soon; she'd rather chance it with the mines than risk falling off again.

Edited by SB.

Graham scoots his boot to 13,13

"Angus, dear... Do take care to keep yourself safe if you're going to charge into a bear! You could've died, goodness!" As much as Cass liked to play that she cared little for Angus, it was far from the truth. He had to be her favorite peon! At the very least. No one else provided her with witty banter-- or at least, they didn't have the guts to speak back towards the princess. She admired that he was willing to do so, even if she could've had him removed over it the first time. "Take care that I don't have to try and heal entire missing limbs, in the future. Hmph~"

With her piece said, Cass moves to 12,13

Edited by Snake Mom

Angus moves to 12,12!

Angus equips his Hand Axe!

Adele moves to 12,14!

Adele equips Nacht!

Graham moves to 13,13!

Cass moves to 12,13!

Doug was in fact pretty happy when Claire grabbed onto him. In fact, he was giving himself a high five (in his head). He would totally have to try this out whenever he got a date. As if that would happen in his current attire...

"To be fair, Oldtimer is doing most of the flying," Doug replied to Claire in a joking manner. Seeing that she wasn't fond of her position, Doug looked for a safe landing spot. He decided the forest would be mine free.

"I'll drop you off in that thicket," he said. "There's no way anyone would be able to bury anything under all those roots."

With that, Doug urged his pegasus to land in the forest. He held onto Claire's hand to help her down, knowing full well that this could be the last time he felt a maiden's touch.

Doug moves to 9,15. Drops Claire on 8,15.

Angus rolls his shoulder, newly bare and newly whole, failing to look Cassandra in the eye. "Your concern is a great honor, Princess--too great, even. As I saw it, the issue was that it'd run after someone else if I didn't tear its head off, eh?" The squire finally meets her eyes as he stitches the words together. "That was one hell of a charge, yourself, and not just the bit where you tore into the overgrown badger. Timing, too--it means a lot, keeps the right arses out of the fire, you follow?." Was 'arse' too much when addressing the Princess? Properly, of course, but hell if I've ever gotten anything done with a silk shirt or a silvered tongue. "One warrior to another, keep on like this, and our everything stays attached."

Angus reaches his hand out to pat Cassandra on the shoulder, but quickly withdraws it; that'd be a poor idea even if the blasted thing wasn't as grimy and bloody as it had ever been. He awkwardly wipes the worst of it onto his breeches, looking afield once again. Didn't muck that up so badly, eh? She hasn't raked me over the coals for this sort of thing yet, at least.

Claire remained quiet and watched for the rest of the flight, mostly due to embarrassment. It wasn't until Doug brought up the mine that she remembered that they were still in the middle of a fight - she had great priorities. "I think I'm better off on the ground," she muttered. "But be careful where you fly. I think that one of the mages down there has some wind magic, from the look of the tome. Stay away from it." She wasn't sure if Doug really knew anything about tomes, so it was probably a good idea to warn him ahead of time.

"Quite the situation we have, isn't it? How tragic that he'd, ah, go out like that." Sidney remarked about the foreign thief as she walked closer to the main group, her tone sounding not at all upset about the event. "Well, let's see what we're dealing with here. You don't get far without running into a trap every once in a while..."

Sidney to (11, 12)

Gerrard moves to 11,11!

Owen remains still!

Jeeves moves to 13,12!

Fabien... kinda stays still!

ENEMY PHASE

Merc #1 moves to 8,13!

Merc #1 attacks Niko with his Steel Sword!
9 Atk, 39% Hit, 0% Crit
(76 21)
Merc #1 misses!
Niko counters with Fire!
9 Atk, 100% Hit, 7% Crit
(47 17)
Niko deals 9 damage! (15/24 HP remaining)

Niko gains 8 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Merc #3 moves to 11,12!

Merc #2 attacks Gerrard with his Steel Sword!
7 Atk, 64% Hit, 1% Crit
(6 59)
Gerrard takes 7 damage! (20/27 HP remaining)
Gerrard counters with his Iron Sword!
10 Atk, 100% Hit, 6% Crit, 11% Luna
(85 20 64)
Merc #3 takes 10 damage! (14/24 HP remaining)

Gerrard gains 10 XP!
Gerrard gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Mage #1 moves to 10,13!

Mage #1 attacks Owen with Fire!
7 Atk, 69% Hit, 0% Crit
(84 24)
Mage #1 misses!

Owen gains 5 XP!

Mage #2 moves to 9,13!

Mage #2 attacks Doug with Fire!
6 Atk, 70% Hit, 1% Crit
(10 4)
Doug takes 6 damage! (14/22 HP remaining)

Doug gains 5 XP!

Marlain moves to 5,11!

"Curious, the way you cast spells... you've never been taught... how interesting. We both know my chances of hitting you are slim among the trees, you can stay there if you wish."

CHAPTER 3 TURN 9

579c0d4bb102aaf1f283d213f6ff6fc7.png

Edited by Shin

Niko moves to (6,13), attacks Merc #2 with Fire

As the mage started to form a fireball to blast the mercenary who had tried to hit him, the words of the enemy mage hit him. Followed quickly by something approaching outrage. Glaring at the mage, Niko made his way out of the forest, sending the fireball hurtling towards the merc with barely a glance.

"Who are you to talk about my training? I was trained by some of the greatest mercenaries the world has seen. As for hiding, well here I am. Bring it on. Unless you're scared, in which case please. Find another excuse."

As the knight slumped to the floor, Lionel felt he had acted much too quickly, the knight hadn't seemed instantly hostile. Pulling the heavy lance from the now corpse... Lionel set the knights Sword into a stylized gravestone, after making a makeshift grave, and made a brief bow. "I acted out of defense of my kinsmen... I hope you can forgive me" He said wearily. Thinking briefly about the foes he'd fought in his lifetime and lamenting the situation his lord now had to face. "The Prince and Princess don't deserve a life such as this... It's more the job of grunts like myself."

After contemplating, Lionel decided to move towards the sounds of combat outside the more dense part of the forest. Move to (14,7)

Niko moves to 6,13!

Niko attacks Merc #1 with Fire!
9 Atk, 98% Hit, 7% Crit
(87 36)
Merc #1 takes 9 damage! (6/24 HP remaining)

Niko gains 8 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Lionel moves to 14,7!