Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Was that flowery mage speaking down towards mercenaries effectively working for Cassandra? That would not do! And she would ensure it! Walking up to Gerrard, axe in one hand, staff in the other, she began healing him whilst scoffing at the rest of the remaining bandits. "Do any of you honestly believe you've got a chance? We are trained soldiers, ready to fight any force at the drop of a hat, and you all? You're hired swords, at best! You're all the lowest of the low, and we've been cutting you down since we arrived. I'd be surprised to see any of you get out of this alive, if you keep at it! You'd best think of your next actions wisely, or they most definitely will be your last."

She lowered her staff and shouldered her axe, ready to toss it at any foolish mages that dared to cast magic at her.

Cassandra moves to (11,12), equips Hand Axe, heals Gerrard

Edited by Snake Mom

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems things were drawing ever-closer to a close, with the enemy forces thinning, and the hidden explosives pointed out by Jean. All that was left to mop up ad move on, then.

"Come, Lord Brother, let us deliver a swift end to one of these ruffians. There, the spellcaster." Adele pointed out her mark, waiting for Graham to fire his arrow, before closing in and finishing the job.

Graham moves to (12,13), attacks Mage #1 with Iron Bow

Adele moves to (11,13), attacks Mage #1 with Bronze Axe

Edited by Ether

Jean tries to go to 13,10!

Did he mean 12,10?

Jean moves to 12,10!

Jean attacks Merc #3 with his Iron Lance!
9 Atk, 100% Hit, 13% Crit, 18% Adept
(44 63)
Merc #3 takes 9 damage! (5/24 HP remaining)
(15)
Jean attacks again!
(41 17)
Merc #3 dies!

Jean gains 27 XP!
Jean gains 3 Lance WEXP!

Cass moves to 11,12!

Cass equips her Hand Axe!

Cass casts heal on Gerrard!

Gerrard returns to full HP!

Cass gains 15 XP!

Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Graham moves to 12,13!

Graham attacks Mage #1 with his Iron Bow!
14 Atk, 100% Hit, 2% Crit
(67 65)
Mage #1 takes 14 damage! (6/20 HP remaining)
Mage #1 strikes back!
8 Atk, 82% Hit, 1% Crit
(38 91)
Graham takes 8 damage! (24/33 HP remaining)
(28 53)
Graham takes 8 damage! (16/33 HP remaining)

Graham gains 10 XP!
Graham gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Adele moves to 11,13!

Adele attacks Mage #1 with her Bronze Axe!
(28 85)
Yeah, he dead!

Adele gains 30 XP!
Adele gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Adele grows to level 5!
(17 99 69 17 48 59 58 7)
HP up!
Skill up!
Resistance up!

Gerrard moves to 13,11!

Claire moves to 9,14!

Claire attacks Merc #1 with Fire!
(16 51)
Toasty!

Claire gains 33 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

"Master Graham!"

Jeeves moves to 12,14!

Jeeves heals Graham to full HP!

Jeeves gains 8 XP!

Jeeves gains 2 Staff WEXP!

(31)

Jeeves puts his hand to his chest!

Jeeves seems to be OK!

After Claire's warning of wind mages, Doug was not in the mood in getting caught up in a tornado. He decided to stay close but not directly in the action. As he flew out of the tree tops however, a fire mage hit his left arm. The burn stung like crazy. Magical words came out of Doug's mouth.

"!@#$! Sunnava! &^$%$%! You missed one! @$%#!" Doug shouted out angrily at his teammates. The rider continued to nurse his wound and descended back into the forest.

Doug holds

Owen moves to 11,11!

Sidney moves to 10,14!

Sidney attacks Mage #2 with her Iron Bow!
11 Atk, 100% Hit, 6% Crit
(47 49)
Sidney deals 11 damage! (9/20 HP remaining)
Mage #2 counters!
8 Atk, 57% Hit, 0% Crit
(1 99)
Sidney takes 8 damage! (17/25 HP remaining)
(80 27)
Sidney finishes!

Sidney gains 43 XP!
Sidney gains 3 Bows WEXP!

Doug holds!
Angus stays put!

ENEMY PHASE

"I could fight you head on... but that would be boring."

Marlain moves to 9,12!

Marlain attacks Claire with Razorwind!
6 Atk, 64% Hit, 29% Crit
(5 21)
Claire takes 18 damage! (6/25 HP remaining)
Claire counters!
1 Atk, 94% Hit, 10% Crit
(66 16)
Marlain takes 1 damage! (24/25 HP remaining)

Claire gains 11 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tomes WEXP!

"I know when I'm looking at death in the eyes, I'm out of here. Good luck, wiz."

Garath flees!

CHAPTER 3 TURN 10

d34011ec0e3c463ea17041ccf0430022.png

SPREADSHEET

Edited by Shin

Cassandra watched as a man in the distance took off, smirking and letting the expression widen into a grin. Perhaps her rousing speech had driven some of the smarter brutes off! Alas, one thought he could still handle all of them, and Cassandra had nothing for him but a haughty laugh. She let it erupt from her smaller frame as she took steps over to him. "Your friend had the right idea! And yet, here you are~ It's hilarious! Die for us, then." She smiled at him, now standing next to him, and drove her axe into him.

Cassandra to 9,13, attack Marlain with her Bronze Axe

Edited by Snake Mom

"Hmmph, you may be too cowardly to face me head on, but I'll not back down. Now face me!" Moving into target range, he also grabbed Cass's axe and quickly said, "Excuse me, I think that Angus will be able to use this to finish off our enemy. Angus! Quickly, we need you!"

Niko to 8-13, grabs Cass's bronze axe, fire blast da mage

Edited by scorri

Cass moves to 9,13!

Cass attacks Marlain with her Bronze Axe!
10 Atk, 95% Hit, 0% Crit
(33 73)
Marlain takes 10 damage! (14/25 HP remaining)
Marlain counters with Razorwind!
6 Atk, 78% Hit, 25% Crit
(77 12)
Critical hit! Cass takes 18 damage! (11/31 HP remaining)
Marlain attacks again!
(54 29)
Cass takes 6 damage! (5/31 HP remaining)

Cass gains 12 XP!
Cass gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Niko moves to 8,13!

Niko takes Cass' Bronze Axe!

Niko attacks Marlain with Fire!
4 Atk, 99% Hit, 2% Crit
(99 26)
Niko misses!

"Best mercenaries, hmm? All I see is a boy who can start a campfire."

Marlain counters with Razorwind!
2 Atk, 80% Hit, 28% Crit
(3 10)
Critical hit! Niko takes 6 damage! (26/32 HP remaining)

Niko gains 5 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Edited by Shin

[spoiler=Possibly excessive profanity?]Angus growls, bug-eyed at the wounded Cassandra. Every bit of his training tells him to hold for the moment, intuitively understanding that the rest are better-suited to finish off the deadly mage. But what of his humanity, his pride, his manhood? Their opinion could be summed up as follows:

Fuck dying.
Fuck procedure.

And especially fuck this mage.

Just as the prince is moving into position, Angus engages in the hastiest canter of his life, jockeying around the mines until--finally!--he is within reach of the bastard who dared to cast at his Princess, his comrades. All or nothing, Angus charges.

"WRETCHED CUR!!"

Owen to (10,13)

Angus to (8,12), attack Marlain with Iron Axe, Canto to (8,11)

Edited by Terrador

Owen moves to 10,13!

Angus moves to 8,12!

Angus attacks Marlain with his Iron Axe!
(15 70)
Marlain gets wrecked!

"All my knowledge... and an ape on a mule was my end. Fate seems to have a sense of humour."

Marlain dies!

Angus gains 70 XP!
Angus gains 2 Axe WEXP!

MAP COMPLETE

Chapter 3 Complete: 10 turns

Defeated Marlain, Garath fled

The forest had been cleared of their foes, the boastful Marlain was no more. With Dettard's castle within hours of travel, the conspiracy behind his actions was growing more and more confusing. Bandits, mercenaries, what was Dettard planning? The sun was still, supposedly, up above the overgrowth, it would be a fairly straight forward journey.

Footsteps could be heard from the path ahead, the clanking of armour audible in the air. Two men and a woman stepped forward, their weapons drawn in anticipation. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be a foe, Owen and his group quickly recognised the crest of the Kylander family on their armour. The larger man, and supposedly their leader stepped forward, bowing politely at Owen.

"Your highness, we are troops from the Castle Kylander. Sir Lionel's father had instructed us to patrol these woods, our lord fears the acts of Dettard. Please, allow us to accompany you within this region." He raised his head to speak once more. "I am Zadkiel, I fight with lances much like Sir Lionel. These are Ermin and Andromeda, they fight with sword and bow respectively. Please, instruct us as you or Sir Lionel see fit."

Amongst the group, Jeeves lowered himself to the ground, the elderly man rather pale and panting gently. It seemed that the battle had been perhaps a little too intense for the butler. The final surprise was for Angus. From the bushes emerged a small bear cub, desperately running over to the corpses of the bears that had been slain during the battle. The cub stared at one of the carcasses, its grey fur untainted by blood.

[spoiler=BEXP]

Owen gains 30 BEXP!

Owen grows to level 5!

(64 54 14 22 49 35 87 43)

HP up!

Skill up!

Luck up!

Cass gains 20 BEXP!

Cass grows to level 6!

(92 91 47 1 21 35 30 92)

Skill up!

Speed up!

Luck up!

Defense up!

Lionel gains 35 BEXP!

Angus gains 30 BEXP!

Angus grows to level 5!

(9 27 80 33 67 43 73 38)

HP up!

Strength up!

Skill up!

Claire gains 30 BEXP!

Claire grows to level 5!

(60 53 5 1 3 93 74 11)

Magic up!

Skill up!

Speed up!

Resistance up!

Gerrard gains 30 BEXP!

Gerrard grows to level 5!

(21 39 3 31 30 7 30 16)

Perfect level!

Adele gains 30 BEXP!

Graham gains 40 BEXP!

Niko gains 25 BEXP!

Doug gains 30 BEXP!

Jean gains 30 BEXP!

Sidney gains 30 BEXP!

Sidney grows to level 5!

(22 14 7 37 72 20 5 39)

HP up!

Strength up!

Magic up!

Skill up!

Luck up!

Defense up!

Jeeves gains 15 BEXP!

All players are free to post!

Edited by Shin

Sidney quietly sighed at the fool on a horse's melodrama, but one thing was for sure- it was good to be done with the battle. "Well, that's enough of that nonsense. Hopefully we've but one task to be done with this miserable affair," the thief surmised. "Not that I can imagine it'll be particularly easy to charge this... baron's manor, as it were, but it would be something of a respite to this ceaseless trekking through the countryside. The mere thought of continuing this cycle of march, fight, march, fight is rather dreadful."

The archer glanced around, noticing few were particularly close to hear her small monologue, and sighed once more. Still, the prince ended up near her, and she strutted towards him, taking little notice of the newcomers and small bear. "We're not far now, are we, Prince? Soon we can be through with these vapid obstacles and have our meeting with this Baron to see what seems to be the cause of this. I pray it is indeed that simple, and yet..."

After crushing her axe into the mage's arm, Cassandra felt rather infuriated that this lowborn scum of the earth could manage to actually cast magic. And cast it well! She counted it off as luck, as his second attack was far less powerful, but his first blast sent wind ripping and tearing into her and her clothes, slashing up her arms and producing red stains on many parts of her dress. With a heavy gasp she fell to her knee, down but not out. It didn't matter, for the most part, as Angus, rightfully outraged, took it upon himself to knock the bastard down.

Collecting herself, through her adrenaline and rage, she pulled herself to her feet and shuffled over to the mage's corpse, slamming her heel onto his nose and grinding her boot against him. "Stupid... Scum, disgusting worm, think you can... Hurt me, despicable..." She mumbled her rage out again him, gritting her teeth and scowling daggers. She didn't quite care about his body any more, tempted to even go as far as to start hacking at him, when she realized her axe was missing. "Where did it...? Ah..." Angus had it. Probably had planned to use it against the mage. Whatever had happened, she'd missed it. Removing boot from face, she continued to shuffle over to him. He'd dismounted since striking, and she used the last of her strength to snatch her axe back. "Th-That's... Mine... Wh-Whoa...!" Suddenly the world became very, very wobbly. "A-Angus, stand still..." she ordered, leaning herself onto his shoulder. "Ah, j-just... Stand here, for a moment... Need to collect, myself."

Cassandra was so out of it that she hadn't yet noticed the people who had shown themselves. But she'd probably be elated, once she came to.

Edited by Snake Mom

Well, there were several goings on of note at the moment, that Adeltrudis could see. Cassandra had taken a bit of a beating from the opposing mage, but she seemed to be supporting herself against Angus at present, and there was the arrival of Kylander's men... they could have used them earlier, but making note of that was fairly pointless. That left Jeeves, who was currently looking quite the worse for wear. Walking over to the elderly butler, bending to meet him at face level, as he was currently kneeling on the ground.

"Jeeves, you mustn't push yourself so. Every time I see you your health is appearing worse and worse... is there anything I can get for you?"

Jeeves looked up at Adele, grimacing from his pain. Shaking his head, he slowly got to his feet.

"The pain shall pass, Lady Adeltrudis. It normally subsides after a few minutes... although it has become more frequent in recent weeks." he replied, wiping sweat from his glistening bald head. "The safety of yourself, Master Graham and Sir Jean are my priority. I gave your father my word that I would ensure that you did not come to harm."

"And what would you do for us if these occurrences continue to grow more frequent, and severe? Please Jeeves, I beg of you, I worry not only for your health, but at this point, your life itself. I understand you wish to keep us safe, but running headlong into danger and getting yourself killed is of no benefit to anyone. You are not so young and spry as years past, anymore." Adele replied, helping Jeeves keep his footing. The old man was certainly as stubborn as he had ever been, and she doubted her words would change anything, but it still felt wrong to stay silent.

"Come, we should regroup with the others. It seems some of Kylander's man have arrived, perhaps they might lighten our burdens."

Lionel had just made it out of the dense forest as Angus struck the finishing blow on the leader of the force, sighing with relief as he saw everyone was still standing, albeit a bit torn up.

However a big smile was all you could see, as soon as he saw Zadkiel, Ermin and Andromeda. "At last!" He remarked, "Well met Sir Zadkiel!" he said shaking the mans hand, as he politely bowed in acknowledgement to Ermin and Andromeda. "How fares my Mother the Baroness, and had Dettard made any move towards the Kylander territory?" Both in a worried and excited tone, although one other question had come to the tacticians mind.

"I had sent a knight by the name of William to warn you all of the possible dangers, did he arrive?"

Edited by Jedi

Jeeves didn't appear happy with his situation, the frustrations of ageing apparent in his face. "As you request, Lady Adeltrudis. I shall refrain from exerting myself too much. However, I will do my very best to provide support within reasonability... if only I were a few years younger..."

Zadkiel shook his head. "Lord Lionel. The Baroness fairs very well, but I am afraid I bring dire news." he began, his tone becoming more sombre. "Dettard's forces have been seen around the borders of our territory, and we have not heard from this William, nor anyone for that matter. I fear Dettard has intercepted and silenced your message."

"I'll have to get myself one of those tomes..." Claire grumbled, still a little dizzy. She'd been caught off guard and knocked around due to complacency - she didn't expect the enemy leader to turn on her so quickly. Of course, he didn't last long after that, with the princess and Angus hacking away at him, so she could at least rejoin the rest of the group without the fear of being thrown into a tree. She'd heard something crack though, and her aching arm told her exactly where it came from.

Their reinforcements seemed to have arrived (late) by the time she got there and the princess looked like she was going to collapse. It looked like Angus was taking care of her though, and Claire wasn't really in the best shape herself. Neither was Jeeves, by the looks of things, meaning she had to find someone else to help her. "Gerard, can you help me with this?" She gestured towards her arm, wincing. Asking the mercenaries she barely knew instead didn't sound appealing.

Edited by SB.

Lionel nodded solemnly. "I had feared as much..." trailing off, regretting not telling Regulus to send one of his more seasoned knights. Briefly cursing his thoughtlessness in the matter.

"We were actually on our way to meet Dettard, but have been waylaid several times, It'll likely be a confrontation at his point." Pretty much stating the obvious, he thought. looking away for a moment. "It would be an honor if you were to join us, we are somewhat shorthanded, although capable. but think on it, I need to check on a few of my companions"

He then wandered over and checked on both the Princess, basically asking if there was anything he could do to help Angus with the patch up, and Claire,one of the people he had roped into this whole situation in the first place. "Sorry I wasn't able to really help with that cur." he said, although he then noticed she had asked Gerard for assistance already and felt like he was possibly intruding.

Angus braces the princess against himself on instinct, finally getting more than a moment's glance at her injuries. How can such a small woman be conscious after that? While she might like to stand there and catch her breath, it would be unfitting to stand there and let her bleed.

The squire isn't used to handling injured people, so he draws on his experience with calves as a boy. He stoops, gently hushing Cassandra before cradling her and making his way towards the Hermans' butler. "It's all right, Princess, just relax. You did great, and we'll get those wounds closed up in just a moment. There it is, see? Jeeves is right there. There we go~!"

Angus gently sets her into a seated position, allowing her to brace an arm against the ground before withdrawing a couple of steps. "Ser butler, if you could be so kind. I'll leave her to your care; I have a few things to attend to." The squire turns, adding as he goes: "I'll be sure to show you what I'm up to soon enough, Princess, but for now, fortune calls my name!"

---

Angus beckons his horse to follow, but only to a point. Once the bear is only a few dozen meters away, Angus orders his horse to stay--"Hold, Agro."--before crouching perhaps five meters away from the bear cub, tipping his waterskin so a bit pours out onto the ground. He turns his head, looking at the cub from he corner of his eye, and gently teaching it the sound of a human voice as he continues to offer the drink.

"Come now, little one. I know you're alone, but you're still thirsty, aren't you? Don't be afraid; nobody's going to hurt you. Here, in case you're not interested in this..." Angus whistles softly, rummaging in his pack for an apple, bruised but quite recently plucked. He sets it on the ground, nudging it just outside of arm's reach, before holding the skin out again.

Little bugger could starve out here, Angus considers, now humming off tune at the cub. Damn thing's wild, that's the shape of it through and through, but wasn't everything once? Nothing really to lose here; if it's too much of a bother it can be spooked off right quick.

Edited by Terrador