Final Fantasy XII remake rumor

Water Mage

During a Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert at Pittsburgh, one of the composers slipped that Square might be making a Final Fantasy XII remake or perhaps a remaster.

What do you guys think? I hope it's true.

Personally I really liked FXII,

it had excellent world building, and it reminds of Majora's Mask because both games have very deep sidequests,

my only issue was the main party, I wish they were fleshed out more, you know they could something like the skits from the Tales series to flesh out their characters a little more.

However, if it is true, I'm gonna need a lot of free time to play this game, because it is seriously time consuming.

Edited by Water Mage

Its good , but im still hoping for a FFIX Remaster or remake since its my favorite ... but yeah its nice to know that square hasn't forgotten that there are other final fantasy besides XV and VII had start remastering those that dont have remaster/remake like 6/9/12 its always good to keep the final fantasy spirit alive i guess ...

FFXII isn't the kind of game I think I want to replay, but I'd still keep tabs on a remake and see if it might have something great to offer that would cause me to rethink my views.

EDIT-FFXII is one of my favorite FF games though.

Edited by Severian

If I get to see our glorious leading man, Balthier in HD, I'll be happy.

Yep.

I'd love a remake as well, because I thought the world was absolutely beautiful. . .in PS2 graphics. Imagine how much better it would look on a current-gen console!

(just. . .make the maps better than XIII's one, because I got lost constantly in XII)

If I get to see our glorious leading man, Balthier in HD, I'll be happy.

This.

Although I would much rather see a remake of FF 1,2,5,6,8, or 9 first. These have been around for a long time and I think at the very least a treatment like FF3 or 4 would be great. Of course the amount of work needed would be ridiculous, but if they made it for one of them that would be great. Playing through six with DS graphics (now imagine PS4) would be awesome!

I wonder which console the game would be.

I hope it's a portable, since I could spend more on it, some people are expecting it to be on the Vita,

But I would prefer it to be on the 3DS, even if I have a Vita

That's amazing, I used Vaan a lot in Dissida so playing his original game would be nice. Even though I have a PS2, I don't have much incentive to play it now, but HD/current gen graphics would really make me consider it

I just had a thought.

What if they allow us to play the Japanese only Zodiac Job System as an option if this is real? That'd be awesome.

Isnt it too early to remake FFXII? If they want to remake it, at least make Vaan become a girl or having a main female character as they intent.

Ashe, Penelo, and Fran would like to have a word.

FFXII had no real protagonist, even if most of it was seen from Vaan's perspective. Not to mention, Basch was originally intended to be the starting character.