TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, to be completely honest I'm kind of regretting putting up a reminder of the hack's crappiness on the author's birthday. Maybe it would have been better to celebrate it by not updating.

I'd just like to remind you all that all the criticisms/mocking/shocked disgust in my LP are directed at the hack, not the person creating it, and all of yours should be too.

JESUS! This Oliver's more fucked up than a hooker in the back of a strip club! I never thought I'd say this, but... BRING MY BEAUTY-LOVING CREEPER BACK!
At least I could identify with his love of art... *sniff*

And the infamous GhebFE claims another victim's sanity... because I've never cringed at this hack until now.

But seriously. While the personalities of most characters in this hack are grim caricatures of their original versions, this basically morphs Oliver into something he never was. Something terrifying.

But, at least we don't have to deal with that conversation AND the healthy dump of gameplay...

GhebFE: Episode 15: Chapter 13: Part 2: Grandmama Jemima's Me-not-getting-master-seal gambit(Feat: The Best Character)

a5CaEGp.png

mvBlSGh.png

Quick reminder, at the end of the last full update Oliver has JUST arrived, and is now going to nuke us with siege tomes.

l8zYlWM.png

Bleh. Seriously though, Moulder's XP gain feels kind of skewed, since he's already level 10!

SRLzLyb.png

Gyspy dead...

IDOnjUF.png

Oh, come on!

It's really hard to keep everyone safe when there's fliers everywhere, okay!?

9dGRHYm.pngc7Immmq.png

L'arachel dodges death and wants to make it a precedent!

oWQntAl.pngGPYRnFx.png

Moulder's level re-get. It's worse.

VGyW163.png

What! A Devil Axe NOT hurting the wielder? THIS GAME IS HACKING!

aZDo2tz.png

Oh come on! Now she can't even Restore herself!

wvRxwFM.png

And then he dies, precisely because the Devil Axe hit him.

AGH!

koY6gjg.png

Stupid, stupid really buff peg!

sewXt5K.png

Okay, I've pulled Selena back, Moulder is healing himself, and so we shou-

WpqZOXK.png

OH COME ON

nEmlBvY.pnglO5LW4d.png

Basically, we've split into two groups right now. One if our promoted guys holding off the front forces, and the other are my back-liners getting ready for Saleh.

SI7n40G.png

WILL WE SURVIVE?

gpvSeVh.png

Nope! Because of Oliver! OF COURSE!

eCRwkGb.png

I'm honestly starting to think that I should've swapped Lyon and L'Arachel for some prepromotes. This chapter WILL kill weaklings, many times over.

1BZAwqK.png

Yes...

6Sy68T1.png

OH COME ON

No, wait! I know what to do! Yes, this is going to work! We will su-

pSnpojJ.png

WHAT THE EVERLOVING HECK

At least I got to see a new crit animation today...

*cue a massive death spiral involving tons of savestates and RNG abuse that eventually ends with...*

JirVQPF.png

Kiwi taking poison damage. Do you know what that means?

IT MEANS WE SURVIVED ANOTHER TURN!

YEESSSSSS!

yjk9Iyh.png

Better yet, no reinforcements come and there aren't many enemies around! I think we really have a shot at this now, guys!

u8ROyDN.pngyLqDhAP.png

NO MORE of that! I'll give it back to you when you're recruited, I promise!

S9oqOtq.png

Hmmm... Jemima isn't THAT bulky against physical attacks, but I don't know of anyone that can one-round her...

4bDk9Tn.png

Also, her siege tome is out, naturally just as I reach her.

ligLbGH.png

Come ON!

M6TUGg4.png

Ow... well, Gheb's almost there...

obDlKeg.png

Oh, what? Someone stole something from Kiwi? That's weird, I don't remember seeing any thieves over there. I wonder who it could b-

e0wJqbl.png

NO. NO.

3NFcfDo.png

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!?!!? WHAT THE HECK!? WHAT THE HECK!?!

So. It turns out that Summoners-or possibly just Grandmama Jemima specifically-can steal.

There is no indication of this anywhere in-game, no reason at all for the player to suspect this. Grandmama Jemima is not a moving boss, but stealing and vulnerary-using AI overrides don't-move AI.

Colm is on the other side of the map, who was getting ready in case one of the reinforcements had a stealable, and he was the only one who could stop Oliver's rampage without killing him. The chapter is also getting close to ending.

So. No master seal for us.

rMiEONo.png

I'm still waiting on the reinforcements... I hope our favorite sage will be leading them, and possibly have a guiding ring with him as a present for me?

NAogAIy.png

You know what, you guys have already seen this once. I don't think you need to see it again.

BMl4wlB.png

Okay, Oliver. You can have this back now.

8xgEULl.png

Since Grandmama Jemima is now RIGHT NEXT TO a stoned Kiwi, we have to deal with this until L'Arachel gets over there.

qiirAxz.png

Come on, where are they?

mKKUhlj.png

At first, I was just laughing at the RNG. Kiwi activates Great Shield at the same time the generic skeleton gets a crit? Looking back though, I should have checked the skeleton, his critting power and the ability to actually damage Kiwi are NOT normal.

3mvJFAB.png

EMPTY? This does NOT make my mood better!

FALzf6c.png

So, I was trying to get Jemima to just heal herself with the Crumpets as some last hope of me getting my thing, but nope. This mage knight attacking me instead of healing would arguably have been more disastrous, but still.

8QUmw4r.png

Finally! They're here!

g8jDmEE.png

Saleh: Fools, there is no escape. You will all lay here and rest. I will make sure of that.

Come on, buddy! Why do you have to be so generic!

Then, it's better than the alternative... I'd rather this than GhebFE refitting his personality.

QsYmbwM.png

We also have some more extra bonus skeletons!

ptvAh4X.pngySksuFM.pngSecJVgV.png

Saleh still has his old stats and inventory, which are still quite threatening to us.

QqPvx1s.png

Thankfully, I'm going to take advantage and turn his arrival into a bunch of gifts for us!

6e1Fnyi.png

Also, the skeletons are now G-Forces, which have strength but nothing else, and quite possibly a crit boost from what we saw earlier.

So, the situation is looking pretty bad. We have Saleh's forces on one side, and most of the group can't attack them. Over on the other side we have Grandmama Jemima, who I have to weaken, not to mention some still-surviving prepromotes and skeletons. How we're going to survive is going to require-

UA8PBkS.png

AND THEN DENNING CRITS JEMIMA WHILE I ATTEMPT TO WEAKEN HER

Z6MI3HX.pngOD4p83S.png

Denning's cool level was nice...

WV7agVT.png

But it still doesn't make up for this.

NEXT TIME: Words...

This actually confirms my headcannon :

A long time ago, Jemima (at the time a simple (male?) Shaman was presented with a Guilding Ring (or Master Seal) for her birthday, and had to chose what to promote into. In the world we know, the one of the official game, she became a Druid.
In this one, she became a Summoner, and everything went wrong. (Her summonin ability also explain anything about this Olivier, fromhis appearance to his broken personality.)

A long time ago, Jemima (at the time a simple (male?) Shaman was presented with a Guilding Ring (or Master Seal) for her birthday, and had to chose what to promote into. In the world we know, the one of the official game, she became a Druid.

In this one, she became a Summoner, and everything went wrong. (Her summonin ability also explain anything about this Olivier, fromhis appearance to his broken personality.)

this actually makes sense

also holy fuck that stealing, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Man that steal was sadistic. My god, that's bad. i'd have blown a gasket if that happened to me. Probably would've speared my computer too.

this hack knows how to press all the right buttons to make anger happen

(here's hoping we finally get a dang guiding ring next chapter, though i guess you already know that eh Moniker?)

Is...is this...intentional? Is there some mad genius, a sick, twisted soul of malice, sitting behind the scenes, carefully planning, perfectly maneuvering everything to be as aggravating as possible?

Probably not. Some butt hat probably just got 'lucky' with bad game design.

Everything makes sense now... except for the reasoning behind why this hack was created.

Is...is this...intentional? Is there some mad genius, a sick, twisted soul of malice, sitting behind the scenes, carefully planning, perfectly maneuvering everything to be as aggravating as possible?

Probably not. Some butt hat probably just got 'lucky' with bad game design.

I think SOME of it might have been intentional, but I think most of it is "luck" as you're saying.

So guys, I have some bad news. Since they're really short, I've had to put the conclusion to Chapter 13 and the prelude to Chapter 14 together. You have to experience both at once!

The CHAPTER 13 CONCLUSION and the CHAPTER 14 PRELUDE!

Vzr5rBJ.png

I wish capturing was a thing. I guess Colm's stealing sort of works like that...

gnZ6wrl.png

???: Fuck… Retreat!!

So, I guess this is what happens since we killed the person who normally calls the retreat.

62dGyLp.png

Greenies? Who are they?

7tvDVbp.png

Oh. Kiwi's mercs. How many does he have? I mean, basically all generic roles in this game are being played by Kiwi's troops since we don't have any nations assisting us. We slaughtered a lot of them in 5x, 7 and 8(chapters), then a bunch went with Glass, then it turns out a lot of the people we've recruited so far worked with Kiwi, and now these guys too? WHAT ARE THE EXACT FIGURES ON HIS MERC NUMBERS?

Or I could be reading way too deep into this hack.

Merc: Now following Gheb’s cause, we smite these assholes!! CHAARGE!!

GmMEljw.png

Kiwi: They make Kiwi cry. But Kiwi can’t cry.

jYUrwah.png

Gheb: I did good in assigning you as my right hand man.

Kiwi: Kiwi is pleased to hear that.

4dez5Ci.png

Pun-tastic!

If there was ONE good joke in this game, this would be it. Particularly since it doesn't go self-lampshading.

Kiwi: Kiwi can see that. What is your report?

Merc: The enemy is no more in the area.

8HnfoAE.png

Wait, is it a line of bees or a beeline of troops? That plus the text line above tells me this commander doesn't have good grammar.

Kiwi: Kiwi does not care about bees. But Kiwi does care about where they are headed. Take your men and lead the way.

Merc: Yessir! By the way sir, here we hand over a bag we found, one of the corpses had it.

wea0knk.pngKw4u8tc.pnggsdY1fI.png

And that's where our war funds come from. Normally these would come from Rausten, but we have no idea what Rausten is doing or who they're with right now.

CtriCK6.png

Gheb: We win and get payed by it.

w0cp5VU.png

So, normally I would be content to stop here and let you all wonder about the title, but that was really short and the next update isn't too long, so let's do it!

V2mAywP.png

I do some inventory rearranging and shopping offscreen as always. Let's go!

vcKN4mu.png

Also, Oliver has no minimug so it appears all glitchy.

Xd1XBLR.png

N: Gleb cowardly working in the background, while our Posse slowly finding out more and more about this being that dares oppose Gheb. Gheb, being almighty, touches souls, and thus, a mighty new soul joins his group. This Oliver, who matches Gheb in many ways, could very well be his successor. But I digress.

C9yr4JI.png

Now even the NARRATIVE is doing it!?

YdpuDxt.png

That's better.

N: From the front door.

fsXRKCr.png

I'm not looking forward to this.

adYunPZ.png

I am initially intrigued by the prospect of this new glitchy-palette map, but it won't be sticking. It's just here for this fade-to-flashback.

GqSXH6i.pngRpH5EoF.png

Gheb: And a flashback? Wait, no, this is the second one! Lyooon!

Lyon: Ah! Not so fast my love. I still don’t know why I die so much, yet live again.

Gheb: Bah! You’re my immortal lover, just like I’m immortal too.

Lyon: Ghebby-poo, it hurts so much to die, yet so much more to leave you for decades without seeing you.

?????

Gheb: I’ve grown used to it.

Lyon: Gheb, you haven’t died yet. If I died again it would be

BlNqczW.png

Has he died more or less than Kenny? I'm gonna say Kenny's died more...

8FgcONl.png

Text skip!

Gheb: But if you stayed with meh, I would’ve protected you, and you wouldn’t have died so much.

Lyon: Gheb… you’re as sweet as ever. I’m glad i have you. Now, let’s get off this

scyMKXr.png

Gheb: Right you are. FLASHBACK OFF!!

I would comment on the "relationship" between these two but NO.

htTVltZ.png

We have arrived at the castle place! Maybe there won't be any Gleb mooks in there?

(As if!)

ncpD86x.png9JVGAwP.png

Amelia: Thinking of Lyon, schmexyness?

Amelia! No! No interactions with him!

Gheb: Amelia! … Yes… Oh, you loli. You know me inside and out. It’s just… Lyon’s been so kept to himself lately.

Amelia: You know he loves you. Why don’t you talk to him?

Gheb: I dunno… Maybe… No matter!!! Into the castle, take me away loli!!

zeGdpez.png

Amelia: Aiyeee!

Ugggghhhhhh... I can't wait for Glass's route...

MXVL7PV.png

And who is to be our boss of Gheb's entire arc?

yC9KZ6P.png

SYRENE! Another of Gleb's commanders! Gleb is burning through these guys like they're nothing, seriously... I'm guessing Glass's route is going to be re-using commanders, because if Lute heads for Rausten, and Joshua and Valter attack us next chapter, that will be all the commanders.

Syrene: Gleb only wishes to share his manliness with you.

Share his... yeah, I doubt more and more that Gleb is any sort of hero. We still haven't seen him, though...

PSL6416.pngB7lcnPs.png

Ismaire: I am queen bee of this place.

Queen bee? Looks to me like all your mooks are gone, Ismaire. And it looks like I can't root for you either, since you're a loser!

Syrene: … Lady Ismaire… as you wish.

mTX8D6u.png

I'm too drained to keep commenting on this crap. Let's just get to the gameplay...

END DIALOGUE

GaOqqAf.png

So, this chapter is... one of the easiest in the game. No, really. There are a few difficult parts, but nothing particularly worrisome. Our army has just gotten strong enough at this point that it can handle the stuff the game throws at it!

kd3tODp.png

I realize now I forgot the screenshot for who we're bringing. Well, we've got basically everyone here, except Selena.

Starting the chapter...

fFmhImK.png

Our replacement for Rennac is... Carlyle? The original villain of the chapter?

Huh?

Carlyle: My sword is always ready. Now, when do I get out.

Soldier: On the lieutenant’s command.

d5VDFSf.png

Seems like normal FE7, where all the enemies are locked in rooms and can't really threaten us.

Oh! And the guy guarding the very first door?

XZzBqTU.pngGevkgbs.png

Yeah. An insanely tough prepromote. Thing is, he has no 2-range weapons and our whole army is right next to him, plus he's all alone. He's not nearly as threatening as he could be!

PAsKoVW.pngxV2TTq5.png

New class spotted: Valkyrie!

Why no, I am NOT going to call this class what the game calls it!

FMm9wFf.png6hG9DTI.png

Ismaire is stronger than normal, with a spoiler-tastic description. Makes me wonder what's going to become of the Demon King later.

716VINT.pngCxnzWTG.png

Syrene, the grand boss of Gheb's route is... weak. SUPER weak. The prepromote next to her I showed earlier is stronger! After Jemima and other tough bosses, this is absolutely PATHETIC!

NEXT TIME: We stomp the chapter, and finally get something we've been needing for a long time now...

Pun-tastic!

If there was ONE good joke in this game, this would be it. Particularly since it doesn't go self-lampshading.

I didn't even find it funny...

Wait, is it a line of bees or a beeline of troops? That plus the text line above tells me this commander doesn't have good grammar.

Now, had that been a pun it would have been funny. Unfortunately, because Bloodlines and GhebFE are on completely different planes of existence in terms of quality and polish, we will not be fighting any bees.

w0cp5VU.png

So, normally I would be content to stop here and let you all wonder about the title, but that was really short and the next update isn't too long, so let's do it!

Would there even be much to wonder about anyway?

Syrene: Gleb only wishes to share his manliness with you.

Share his... yeah, I doubt more and more that Gleb is any sort of hero. We still haven't seen him, though...

Hey man, for all we now, Gleb might actually be an incredibly nice guy who just wants to teach people about how to be better, manlier people. Of course that's not the case, because that would actually require some degree of cleverness and maturity, forcing the player to fight as the clear villain against someone legitimately heroic, bringing up questions of loyalty and morality. No, no, instead he'll probably be someone comparable to Gheb with us arbitrarily being the heroes, or someone with an incredibly thin 'lol gonna blow up the world! :awesome: ' type scheme, in which case...we'd technically have the moral high ground, but...I mean...would we feel like it?

Our sanity back?

Nope. We won't be getting that for a good while yet! If ever.

Hey man, for all we now, Gleb might actually be an incredibly nice guy who just wants to teach people about how to be better, manlier people. Of course that's not the case, because that would actually require some degree of cleverness and maturity, forcing the player to fight as the clear villain against someone legitimately heroic, bringing up questions of loyalty and morality. No, no, instead he'll probably be someone comparable to Gheb with us arbitrarily being the heroes, or someone with an incredibly thin 'lol gonna blow up the world! :awesome: ' type scheme, in which case...we'd technically have the moral high ground, but...I mean...would we feel like it?

"It would have to put effort in inspiring questions of loyalty"? No way. Gheb has done exactly 0 to inspire loyalty in me. I'd betray him if I was offered any opportunity, no matter who else it was.

Are you going to have Batta attack Syrene? If memory serves, they have a special battle conversation.

Because Batta uses Joshua's slot... I'm sorry to say that no, I didn't. :C

GhebFE: Episode 16: Chapter 14: Part 1: A certain someone's promotion

MIBf3AV.png3EvnpsY.png

This basically sums up the first turn.

QUJGclC.png

Suddenly, Ephraim and Joshua arrive! What will Joshua say to his mother?

LJ9iqYo.png

Syrene: I can’t help it, she’s too beautiful…

Ephraim: Don’t give us excuses, and take that place on the throne.

6cKP2t4.png

Syrene: But I thought Gheb was the higher goal…

Joshua: Yes, he is. It just takes a lot of trouble to actually achieve getting that fatass. It’s your turn to face him now.

So, the commanders are all doing a turns system? If taking us out is the MAIN GOAL, why don't they just send Ephraim against us, instead of letting us kill or assimilate all their top dudes? Why am I trying to make sense of this story? What the heck is even the point?

Syrene: Why are you… Understood… Milady.

pDq3CCP.png

3KILplN.pngRwwmN1L.png

And now they're gonna talk to each other...

PeJJpkW.png

Joshua: Ah, here you are, let’s go.

Ismaire: Wait, what!

Joshua: Ah ah ah, no moving now, lady.

W726pVI.png

Joshua: No you don’t. Don’t go Darth Vader on me. Let’s go!

Ismaire: Hey!

She's not going "Darth Vader" on you! Well, I guess she sort of is, but gender swapped...

k1E5bfI.png

Syrene: This seat shall not be defiled. As for Gheb. I shall clean him inside and out.

l8Uic8l.png

Joshua grabs his own mother, apparently totally unaware of the fact that she's his mother, directly violating FE8 canon where they both knew each other.

Then again, considering the chapter title, that scene could have ended up a LOT worse than it did.

fQT7o8K.png

Ephraim: Anyway, I trust you’ll handle this.

Syrene: Don’t worry, my only

jbVQ8FU.png

According to him he's "schmexy"...

Ephraim: Nice to hear…

Syrene: Now… I hope my sisters there…

ZjMAP8W.png

Syrene summons a bunch more people and our ally is gone now. Oh well, it was inevitable.

B91uqqa.png

Anyways, time to start our invasion! Note that I'm sending a smaller group to the left side. I'm sure Amelia can handle any enemies there. Probably.

vtr0pxG.pngBUj8DQR.png

The first squad! And the armor knight conveniently had a chest key for us!

KwGfwHu.png

Weapon triangle? Priests don't care about the weapon triangle!

LffaDGJ.png

Inside the chest is... is...

is...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

znilFeZ.png

PROMOTE! NOW!

cP5yERm.png

We COULD have gone for the really weird summoner palette...

lhx7tAn.png

But I went for the druid instead. He needs the caps!

VOfr0E8.pngx5y7DAj.png

Ahaha... ahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHA! Ewan is IMMORTAL!

Well, not quite, but he will be with a bit more training!

bhVD0As.png

The left group advances slowly...

xI4ZeDl.png

Next problem: A sniper! We have to defeat him before putting people in the corridor or he'll cause problems.

cUYcP2p.png

We also lure out the great knight on top. The very LUCKY great knight!

XV34KWb.png

OW! Miraculously, Gerik survives because the sniper isn't actually that powerful.

deiviqr.png

And now these annoying reinforcements start. I always hated killing these archers.

ju6mcOV.png

Okay, now let's see what the left group is going to deal with!

N4T0kFq.png

I maybe should have given them a few more troops.

Just a few.

yENFkmS.png

Wow, this sniper sucks compared to my cool one.

QFshIoH.png

Oh come ON! Isn't this the second one?

4DSAOBv.png

Support!

(There was no dialogue involved)

dsvhJMI.png

With excellent positioning, I might be able to make this work...

MilVHbD.png

Annnnnd now I gotta send someone back to hold off the cavaliers, or the left group WILL die.

4hVycHL.png

Amelia gets a good level, but I'd like some defense/resistance right about now...

7A4MqNJ.png

They're coming! But don't worry, I'll send Gerik to stop them!

Or at least that was my initial plan. Turns out later I actually sent Ewan.

NDxNpO7.png

...Crap. Looks like I need to pull Amelia back.

CGC59vT.png

Putting Colm in front doesn't work.

YnjvZsB.png9T9iUJG.png

Amelia rescues Colm and flees. Note the thing that saved me here: The enemies don't move unless someone is in range, and Amelia has a horse. Also, there's been a bunch of reinforcements! Amelia's totally trapped and won't be able to do anything at all until I have someone rescue her.

McdeDm0.png

So, let's focus on the main force, who are advancing nicely!

VS5I9Wc.png

Bleh. Malakov, didn't you say Lyon would be good? His phantoms were helpful at the start, but he's turning into a big squishy now.

ZXlHxFQ.pngMO9R6ys.png

Cavaliers die, and are absorbed to provide more strength for Ewan.

ylsvt7f.pngUgZhxBQ.png

More enemy snipers that don't match up to mine!

lwohn3A.png

Kiwi's helping too.

t0CCGS8.png

Really, the main thing this group is fighting is people attacking them through walls.

5Q29MtK.png

But, it is profitable!

dBY8zlV.png

Okay, here it starts to get boring. Let me explain.

RVnAMgX.png

See my SUPREMELY PRECISE formation? Basically, a huge portion of this level is just... jamming your units through 1-tile-wide corridors. Doing that is my LEAST favorite activity in Fire Emblem, and it's hugely boring here. This chapter was a MASSIVE drag because of that. Heck, I remember if being a design problem in FE8 too, so I can't even blame this on the hack!

8eqyT1i.png

At least Ewan finished the cavaliers, so he can go help Amelia.

DxwcWlW.png

See!? THIS IS WHAT I MEAN! I HATE doing this!

IdKkiTy.png3mwigUo.png

Can we PLEASE get into an actual room?

1cOyG8C.png

Good news: It's a room! Bad news: Enemies everywhere!

aeLgDbw.png

Really STRONG enemies!

agWn24O.png

Is he going to join us?

CSdKblu.png2kPyCuV.pngnilehIp.png

Well, that seems kind of weird, but I mean, we'll probably be okay.

crAyM5Y.png

Man, this berserk has a weird palette. He's dead now though.

3MX1mQN.png

Now let's-wait, what!?

So. I checked it with Gheb too.

Carlyle isn't recruitable. We HAVE to kill him to get the member card.

Yes. Yes it is really, really weird.

15M1qtA.pngBIAdElT.png

Ewan gets a level, and Moulder helps out with the enemies.

DShGH6Z.png

Ewan has arrived! The bottom group/Amelia and Colm are saved!

JtFEugx.pngQGKO7wB.png

I hate Great Shield.

1KwiCII.png

(Moulder crits his second attack again, though)

w5SEJgC.png

Whoa, what?

iuFtKEZ.png

Sheesh! This shaman is serious!

NEXT TIME: Can Moniker beat the serious shaman? Will Ewan succesfully kill everyone? Will Moniker run into a horrible dilemma involving not having enough door keys or lockpick uses to open all the doors? Find out next time!

Moniker Sanity Index: Slightly increased. *calls Anna* Yes, I'd like five guiding rings, with silver card discount... *hangs up* My hypothesis is that guiding rings can help treat Moniker's insanity. And since when was it a good idea to have gamblers give advice- oh wait, I think there's an angry girl on a flying pony at the door...

"It would have to put effort in inspiring questions of loyalty"? No way. Gheb has done exactly 0 to inspire loyalty in me. I'd betray him if I was offered any opportunity, no matter who else it was.

...that's true. But, what if it was another, slightly worse Gheb?

thats literally hilter, changing recruitment options like that.

Fire Emblem is fiction, which means that evil is a quantifiable force which can be measured in Hitlers.

I think I'm coming down with Ghebitis. I need more GhebFE! I know you updated Bloodlines half an hour ago... Maybe that's how he's not a slobbering zombie yet.

Suggestion: Input LP text into a text-to-speech program. Certain voices are better than others for this purpose, and you will need to edit the text a bit, but it's well worth it to read and listen along Imo. Anyway, I'm very much considering heading back to the Vizzed RGR to play this on Normal just for the "lulz." Glad I know what's ahead from this! The Ch. 15 secret shop has Guiding rings, right?

thats literally hilter, changing recruitment options like that.

Well, this is GhebFE after all, anything can happend :XD:

Actually I don´t know if that works, because I only have beaten Glass's route + Lagdou Ruins, but that is what the creator said in the Readme, so it should work.

Carlyle is recruitable by Marisa, but you have to pay 9000 gold too.

Whaaaaat. Seriously? How would anyone know that?

Whatever. We still get the member card no matter what, so he's not getting recruited. Sorry guys!

...that's true. But, what if it was another, slightly worse Gheb?

Fire Emblem is fiction, which means that evil is a quantifiable force which can be measured in Hitlers.

When I said "no matter who" I obviously meant within reason. A worse Gheb would be pretty unreasonable.

Suggestion: Input LP text into a text-to-speech program. Certain voices are better than others for this purpose, and you will need to edit the text a bit, but it's well worth it to read and listen along Imo. Anyway, I'm very much considering heading back to the Vizzed RGR to play this on Normal just for the "lulz." Glad I know what's ahead from this! The Ch. 15 secret shop has Guiding rings, right?

A text-to-speech program? Hmmm... I might mess around with it, now that you've mentioned it. I'll tell you all if I think it's amazing enough for any sort of permanent thing.

Time to be happy for small blessings in...

GhebFE: Episode 15: Chapter 13: Part 2: The Epic Fight with Gleb's Commander

drHKvbI.pngVUAHEW3.png

PjGevLj.png

Let's start today with a level! L'arachel is going to need a bunch more of these in order to be ready for promotion. She's way behind!

264aVBW.png

Ewan has conquered the treasure room!

bXQ6mds.png

Ewan is now conquering the... uh... lower... room?

8GMLYjq.png

Denning beats down the druid for us and gets a level! I don't know if I've said this yet, but the guy was a star performer this chapter. And probably will be in future chapters.

3npuMCp.png

That's another "canstrikeconsecutively" defeated.

nWDV1uI.png

Hey, cool! A weapon!

J3BxhqX.png

Which apparently doesn't have stats?

(It does, they just aren't shown, and its really weird)

aBHQzHA.png

Things are actually going really well right now. We've saved Amelia, and are quickly moving through all the enemy formations. There isn't much left in our way.

Compared to Ephraim's route, this chapter was always a cakewalk.

And then, I realize something.

ayECxOf.pnggW1yhMn.png

We have 2 doors left(at least) that NEED to be opened to complete the chapter. And a bunch of chests we haven't opened.

aTDibTq.png

My lockpick has 3 uses left.

Yeah.

STRATEGY TIME!

PCoZGZp.png

Now, a normal player would open the door that leads into the room you can see on the right there, and then the door leading back into the top hallway, then the door leading to the queen's room. But since we have no lockpick uses, we can't do that.

We have to go ALL THE WAY AROUND the 1-tile-wide path to not open that one door!

Doesn't that sound FUN?

In retrospect, this was all really stupid. There was 1 key left on an armor knight I had forgotten, and I should have assumed the secret shop would be selling lockpicks to help with the chests.

69CH5Ej.png

We have 2 chest keys in storage, which is definitely going to help, but we won't be able to get all the chests with just this.

wc6poUp.png

Ewan is now conquering the other treasure room!

FTZSv7f.png

This is where I discover that Carlyle really, genuinely is unrecruitable... through any means the player would ACTUALLY MAYBE THINK OF, that is!

AY1cxAl.pngyCmgG1o.pngWkgecZq.pngvQ8JfJZ.png

Wow.

What an amazing, well-thought-out death quote.

wxekYyB.png

Yeah, it's sad to see him go but we've got what we needed from him.

Nl1b4fc.png

The enemy numbers are falling! We're winning!

bWbPcS8.png

We're also rich!

UU0HDwD.png

See this seemingly innocuous shaman?

ZpvB7ud.pngdoqpcfK.png

ITS A TRAP

(This hack actually does make use of a lot of its special player classes as enemies too, which, much as I hate to admit it, isn't actually 100% a bad thing)

KbcRBOy.png

Oh hey! Shamans! And, uh... was that prepromote really there in the original game?

(Luckily, this guy isn't as strong as the one we fought earlier)

GN1ywlK.pngVPV6icL.png

Bleh levels.

sg5hJYR.png

Gerik arrives with the chest key, and finds a statbooster!

NdRreZG.png

We kill a priest!

LHAqKDH.png

And a knight!

(Look at that unit train, just... look at it...)

(I HATE 1-TILE-WIDE CORRIDORS)

yywc8Na.png

Ewan conquers... something...

DNBqqBB.png

After a LOT of toil, we have at last MADE IT! YES!

4XaJ2Gf.png

Let's open things up a little!

hjjBhD3.png

The enemies have a very specific formation... but something isn't right here...

hBJFBop.pngGjuUex5.pngFwm2Zla.png

Oh, uh, Ai-Ke! As a ghost? You infiltrated the place ahead of me? I... guess?

feUqeWK.png

Going into his stat screen and un-selecting him moves him around?

1rUUFBq.png

Wait, WHAT?

4khR8Yk.png

AHH! THE GAME WON'T LET ME MOVE MY CURSOR! THIS ISN'T NORMAL!

Okay, enough with the pretended freakout. I have absolutely no idea what went on here, but basically, Ai-Ke here has tons of technical problems surround him. Probably something to do with the game being unable to track his position properly.

pK3IGVV.png

Wow, tough general.

ov8aHaG.png

Ai-Ke moves towards nearby enemies, which basically means he's going to be with us forever.

8P3siY0.png

The myrmidon has a promotion item, which, ironically, is basically the only one we DON'T need!

cfKbWkR.pngr2KG72x.png

We kill the general, and file into an open space(FINALLY)

5mO3SkN.png0uPmDJs.png

Good and good. Nothing super special though. I mean, I guess the Hammerne's pretty special but who uses those?

t6O5RY8.png

Stop following us! We don't want your glitchy self here!

Wait...

l0UB7lw.png

Hah! I've pulled my troops back, we'll have the knights handle Ai-Ke for us.

(Cue them totally ignoring him)

1nsFmYI.png

Also, a lot of people's "Drop" sprites have been replaced with Fomortiis.

RBWjaGs.png

Skipping ahead to when the chapter is almost completed... SECRET SHOP! Do they have what I need?

kVmqwLe.png

This is cool, but I need to scroll down!

Vd55zvu.png

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

FINALLY

Moniker's sanity has increased by 3 points!

86IKI5x.png

It is PROMOTION TIME, PEOPLE!

Nsqp2F9.pngoBQxp4i.png

For Slayer utility!

wjBimYB.png

I'm conflicted... do I use this guy, whom I have put effort into, or Oliver, who might (probably) turn out better?

eXKdr1K.png

Let's do something non-guiding-ring related.

r0jUWZf.pngtx4aXHQ.png

I never understood the choice in the original FE8. You can become a knight... or a LORD. Who would choose knight? Unless you like Pierce I guess.

VmoXIDL.png

These stat bars seem tame in comparison to Ewan, but they aren't bad at all.

l8zbcy7.png

I try to rescue Ai-Ke and the game moves the screen way over. As I said, technically glitches.

Now then... we can do more promotions come Chapter 15, but for now, we have a boss to fight!

This is it! This is the culmination of the entirety of Gheb's route! Everything we've done has led up to this!

The battle with Syrene... BEGINS NOW!

hqhwkl8.png4CsTnCx.pngxxn9ZWz.pngpxRnkjX.png

I win!

UFMWgju.pngQp4MZ8H.png

You do realize the only beauty in danger is Isamaire's at the hands of the villains.

tXN7uWj.png

Wow. One-rounding! Good job, Ewan!

sRJyjYh.pnglbBEHhz.png

Syrene: I hated you so…

K2hoZUb.png

And with that really weird quote, we have won the chapter!

fAc05ni.png

Let's do some supports first... I think we have almost everyone, though.

qlphsIk.png

Ewan and Denning?

dL9mFNl.png

Or not then. Yeah.

unWu0yK.png

And thus, Gheb's route, or at least the gameplay, is all done. How horrible, now that I finally have the tools I need to make progress towards an ultimate T3 team, I have to switch back to my state at the end of Chapter 8.

NEXT TIME: We wrap up Gheb's Route!