What do you like about Fates?

Taka-kun

I know this is probably quite obvious and might be a redundant thing to say but I still would like to point out that the VAs did a fantastic job in voicing the characters. I really like most of the male characters' voice. (Some of the female voices are just... urgh)

And the character sprites look improved compared to Awakening.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ambush spawns:

Right, enough can pop up to be somewhat worrying and require a reaction (actually ones on forts can be hard to kill), but they don’t cause immediately resets by moving 10 squares and killing a squishy.

I guess there’s a little less tension/difficulty but a lot less rage.

And like Othin said I think there’s some reinforcement triggers where they appear on your turn and if it’s when your last few units are moving they could be ambush-like.

-Also even if it’s a little weird, I really like "fixed" level ups in Lunatic.

-Going in hand with the weapon thing, 1-2 range nerfs are massive, mounts generally have noticeable weaknesses, so there’s no move 8-11 squares, oneround everything like in some games. (well in a sense, there's Dark Knight/FlierCorrin or Xander but they have some limitations)

-Bows do a lot of damage.

-Monoweapon classes get certain advantages.

-Ranged triangle interacts with normal triangle and it actually matters if going against it.

-Some flashy crit (and normal) animations.

-Aqua’s really good at dancing. >_>

Edited by XeKr

Ah, outside of the PP-spawns that's good to hear. As long as it's strategic, the more difficult it is the more excited I get.

TBH I thought about importing, due to all the nice shit I hear about the gameplay, but then I figured I'd get nothing done this summer. Alas.

-That it's extra challenging and it is needed for most of us players. (Veterans)

-The fanservice for both genders

-Phoenix Mode (For the kids. This game is harder than you think.)

-Overpowered skills even for the beginning of the game from enemies even on normal.

-Bringing out even more customization for your Avatar and characters.

-Amie to help strengthen bond.

Edited by Princess_Florina

It'd take a while to list out everything I enjoyed but one thing that really impressed me is Hidden Weapons were introduced as a fully realised and unique weapon type with stats and a new effect that's sensible for the classes that wield them.

The reworking of the weapon system itself also impressed me more than I thought it would and I was optimistic around the time it was figured out there was no durability. They finally managed to make bows a good weapon type in general, rather than from making the game be Dracoknight Central or enemies all dealing massive amounts of damage from 1-range.

Edited by arvilino

Competitive play and, for that reason, children. Lower stat caps. Personal skills are great, conceptually, though most are eh. I enjoy the maps in Nohr. The same sex marriages warmed my heart, even if I think other characters fit the roles better.

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

I think Hoshido/Nohr are reasonably distinct and I like that. Also the need for more classes brought back stuff like Halberdiers.

I think Attack/Guard stance are an interesting improvement over Pair Up(especially because enemies do it too)

Various broken things seem to be gone (1-2 range nerf, Nosferatu, Veteran etc.)

Exp formula changed to discourage lowmanning

Weapon drawbacks seem better than weapon durability

Overall art design is good

This iteration of the reclassing/skills system seems good to me as well- perhaps the best in the series

Male/female class limits removed for the most part

Dragon Vein

Variety of objectives returning(mostly just Nohr apparently)

I'm undecided on the 'ranged' weapons being on the triangle as well at the moment.

I like how the recruitable characters are plot relevant after they've been recruited. In Awakening the characters would appear, play their part, be recruited, and you would never hear from them again. The only relevant characters were Robin, Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Lucina. Now in Fates you have Kamui, the 4 royal siblings, Azura, Kaze, Silas, Felicia, etc etc.

Edited by riolumaster

-New classes, particularly the hybrid ones like War Priestess, Shura and Revenant Knight.

-Returning classes, particularly Lancers.

-The distinct feel of Hoshidan and Nohrian weapons, classes and aesthetics.

-80% of weapon effects, although there is still a lot that could done for balancing.

-reclassing being limited

-better skill/class getting system

-attack/guard stance being a much better balanced version of Awakening's pair up.

-the new class skills and personal skills

-smooth map to battle transitions

-cool battle animations, plenty of flair like the GBA days

-new weapons and returning weapons like weapon reavers

-hidden weapons for serving a unique support niche

Overall the gameplay is some of the best the series has to offer and it'd be my favorite game if not for a lot of (mostly) story/writing related issues.

Almost everything, really. Stat issiues, balance issues, cutscenes, music (why don't people talk about this), weapon system...

I like how the recruitable characters are plot relevant after they've been recruited. In Awakening the characters would appear, play their part, be recruited, and you would never hear from them again. The only relevant characters were Robin, Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Lucina. Now in Fates you have Kamui, the 4 royal siblings, Azura, Kaze, Silas, Felicia, etc etc.

Basilio sobs in a corner. That guy pulled an excellent plan to deceive Fauder and gets forgotten for all his help... (Okay, he didn't stay relevant all the way to the veeery end. But I think this is the case for Kaze too.)

Edited by nocturnal YL

All the characters did feel important this time. Back in the SNES and GBA era, you had the lords, their advisors, and some NPCS driving the entire plot. In Fates, all of the siblings are important, and almost all of the other characters are relevant to the siblings or to the story overall. Although the subordinates are never major characters, there is logic to why they are there and why they are in the army.

There isn't really anyone who joins for absolutely no reason, like Amelia in Sacred Stones.

Franz: Who are you you don't look like an enemy you should join us go talk to Eirika bye

Amelia: k

Edited by gayserbeam

everything (except the skinship and maybe the bathhouse) fight me or sue me n_n

You always have this "sue me n_n" attitude when you say you like the game. Honestly, who cares? You can like what you want, nobody's gonna jump at you for it. Chillax.

Rubbing. Rubbing, bathing and frolicking.

Ok, seriously then.

-I like the new character and enemy variety.

-I like the realtime transition from overworld to battle animation (including the fact that other units get converted into billboards in the background it seems)

-Feet. I like characters having feet.

-World design. Awakening did a good job with this too. Although a lot of the cutscene locations looked fairly generic (I'm looking at you every castle that looked the same). I've only seen a bit of Fates so far, but this looks like an area of improvement. The actual battle stages didn't need improving really though, those were great in Awakening.

Edited by Mrs Chrom

•Some of the new classes and skills, specially the personal ones
•The removal of gender lock for classes like pegasus knight and fighter
•Although less than usual for FE, I like at least half the playable cast and there's some nice supports/chapter dialogue
•Recruiting generics and minor bosses, with generics looking overall better
•Debuffs like -Avoid as a weight system substitute and a few others that make some weapons more fair
•The great soundtrack and graphics
•The new seals and being able to purchase skills

•More multiplayer options than previous FEs

Nohr route. (Classic. Any difficulty.)

Showing it's chapters tells you that like Thracia776 and Lunatic+ (Awakening) and Lunatic Reverse (New Mystery Of The Emblem),they are meant to be harder games than anything else.