FE11 H5 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

Characters proc stats the same way as Fire Emblem, so theoretically there could be a 0% growths run!

Aren't SMT growths always fixed (and/or controlled)? And yeah, I guess it's better if no stats are grown but you still learn new abilities upon levelups. I always miss those p badly on my 0 exp runs.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about SMT level ups (I think you're right), but #GIRFE level ups are like directly copied from FE. Same level up screen and everything.

In SMT demon level ups are randomized, party members are fixed and protagonist are controlled by the player. SMT games in general may be good for no exp/0% growths run because most of your power will come from fusions. There also seems to be a few mandatory battles only runs on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDnP4lmjsXdf94eMgERP3Du8mvJxaPF-E

Just a note on something said in the last video about the Aum staff. Elice is not the only one who can use it. Maria, Minerva and Ceada/Sheeda can use it as well if they were to have an A rank in staves.

While we're waiting, I watched the whole series again. All the item warps are crazy: I stole the idea for my own causal play. "Oh no, there's a manakete who's gonna kill everyone! ... Wait, the boss drops Speedwings, so I can fill Ogma's inventory, warp the Wyrmslayer forge back, then have Marth poke him to death. Problem solved."

My predictions for top 5 would be Jagen-Sheeda-Wendell-Hardin-Jake.

He must have found the secret to Mew, otherwise it'd be Dondon150, Espinosa. Do all our Pokémon need Strength to push the truck? I only ever tried with one... Or perhaps the Elite Four need to be defeated 366 times without healing? I'll just try to enter Bill's garden... it's definitely not flying away from the kid with a Slowpoke on Route 25 the second he sees you. Totally not so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVopstEAos

Endgame is completed in 1 turn.

Chapter information

New characters

ioG8km6.png

Were I to do the endgame without the aid of Warp, Gotoh would be a lifesaver because his base spd is high enough to avoid being doubled/quadrupled most enemies in the final chapter. However, I do have the aid of Warp, so Gotoh’s stats are really just for show: he’s simply another Warp user.

Mechanics notes

Death mechanics

FE11 as a whole is fairly lenient about death, as it provides numerous fallbacks to assist the player in case he let too many units bite the dust: the gaiden chapters are only accessible if the player has fewer than 15 units in his army (and they all boast a recruitable unit), and if the player still doesn’t have enough units to fill all of the deployment slots in a particular chapter, then the game fills them automatically with faceless generics who have timeless names such as Duadexa and Auffle.

In previous Fire Emblem games, it used to be that a unit who died would also forfeit all of his items, which is a double penalty considering that the unit could’ve had a valuable item or weapon in his possession. FE11 instead restores a dead unit’s inventory to the convoy after the chapter ends. Until that chapter is complete, however, the dead unit’s inventory remains in limbo with that unit.

It also turns out that reviving a dead unit restores that unit’s turn, which is what allows for endgame’s 1-turn strategy to work.

I'm sorry that we couldn't get to all of the questions; I answered most of them but I'm a little too busy to post them all right now. I might get around to posting them later.

Edited by dondon151

Congrats on finishing! Really been enjoying following the run and watching all the clever strategies you come up with. Just wondering, do you think there would be any way for you to complete the chapter without using the Excalibur crit (or any other crit)?

One thing that's kind of funny when I was playing through this chapter, I didn't even realize that there were units in the top-right corner of the map. Also, lol, was not at all expecting Abel to be in the top 10 for kills.

Congratulations, for both competing a fantastic run and for successfully completing the commentary in an entertaining and detailed manner!