Did you ever get Pokerus before?

Anacybele

Outside of being traded a Pokemon that has it, I mean.

Pokerus is one of the rarest, if not THE rarest, occurrence in the series. According to Bulbapedia, there's a 1 in over 24000 chance of your Pokemon picking it up simply from battling other Pokemon. That's 3 times as rare as shiny Pokemon (before gen 6)!

I never once got Pokerus at all before outside of one trade...until yesterday when I was playing SoulSilver. I was like "Huh?!" and had to do a double take to make sure the Pokemon Center nurse was saying what I thought she was saying. :P Then my mouth dropped and I was like "WHAAAT." I posted a screenshot in my playthrough thread as proof.

If you ever get it though, be sure to spread it throughout your whole party and spread it to a Pokemon you intend to keep boxed. An infected Pokemon won't lose the virus as long as it's boxed in the PC. Pokerus is a good thing because it makes your Pokemon's EVs increase faster, thus they get more stats upon level up. I kinda wish I'd gotten it in AS now... lol I was EV training a whole party to use in things like the Battle Maison and such. :P

I got it randomly when I was surfing from Dewford to Slateport in Ruby a couple of years ago. I remember being quite ecstatic. I think I got it once in Diamond, too, though I don't remember where and when

Never got Pokerus.

Never saw Mirage Island.

Never seen a shiny.

...But I DID catch Groudon at full health with a Poke Ball. That's a rare occurrence, right? c:

I've found... Four shinies, two of which were in Touhoumon (a CYoumu and a LKanako... Which are both characters I like, bonus) and two in Pokémon (a Krabby and a Zigzagoon).

Edit: I forgot the shiny Kisume and shiny Wriggle that some random trainers had for no reason. It wasn't preprogrammed, it was random, I stole them using game shark without second thought. I think it's a bug in AW specifically.

But I've never had Pokérus without GTS.

I've also had a friend catch a shiny timburr then had to refrain from blowing us because three people (myself included) were asleep, and a different friend who encountered a Shiny Dialga, caught it, then her DS died.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I've caught PokeRus when I was leveling up in Platinum for Volkner, but that was it.

Now shinies are a different story. I've caught them using PokeRadar and breed them with Masuda, and the only one I've caught by luck was a Bergmite...

Edited by Tiny_Manakete

I got Pokerus once on my own. Back in Ruby, I caught a Claydol in Sky Pillar and used it for awhile. Then I went to a Pokemon Center to heal it because it looked like it got poisoned (how I don't know), and then I checked it after I healed it, but from my perspective, it looked like the poison mark didn't go away. Multiple healing attempts later and still nothing. So I boxed it and never used it again. Later on it went away.

I came to realize many, MANY years later that that was Pokerus. And I felt like shit for awhile until I got someone to help me spread Pokerus to my guys. So it worked out. Haha.

Wonder Trade

but that's all really

still have it from that

I also never caught a shiny but I can't say I never saw one because

once a long time ago I was at some guy I didn't know's house

I think my mom took me there when she went to work or something

the guy had Pokemon Sapphire which I had never played before so we kinda took turns playing

He was in the Fiery Path or whatever and we encountered a few Numels

one of them was a shiny

that's my only experience seeing one, sadly

I've gotten it from a random Bunnelby on Wonder Trade on Pokemon Y

I've gotten it from a random encounter on Pokemon Diamond Version

I've gotten it from another wild encounter in Pokemon Ruby Version (and thought it was a bad thing and deleted my save file)

Multiple times. I don't recall when or where, but I do still have one of my pokemon with it. Thanks to Super Training, I'm not as excited about it anymore.

My husband randomly got Pokérus when he was playing through Heart Gold. He asked me about it because he didn't have a clue what it was.

I also got a WonderTraded Furfrou with Pokérus when I did my X Wonderlocke, which was super handy.

Story time~!

When Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire came out, I got the game. I didn't make it very far before some asswipe stole my GBA (and everything else in my purse). I was quite depressed, but managed to replace both my GBA and Sapphire. Not long after I hit Dewford Island, I ran into a SNAFU in the cave, and came out. Wouldn't you know, that one Zubat I battled had Pokerus!

So that's the story of how I got it For Real. I might've gotten it in B2/W2 or X/Y, but I don't remember.

Also managed a shiny in the original G/S. Too bad it was a Raticate. :P:

Four times for me.

The first time was in Pearl when my sister (who had Diamond) traded a Pokemon with Pokerus that she found into my game. This was done without my knowing, and since I never heard of Pokerus at that point I naturally flipped out. My Staraptor was the only Pokemon that caught Pokerus from my sister's Pokemon, but it ended up being pointless because Staraptor already had max EVs.

The next time I found Pokerus was in SoulSilver when I was trying to complete the Pokedex. I traded a Kabutops for an Omastar on the GTS with the intent of getting an Omanyte egg (Because the fossils are version exclusive and evolving the Kanto fossil Pokemon is painful). The Omastar I got had Pokerus, but this time I knew what Pokerus was and didn't freak out. After that, the next time was in Black, which I got a Simisage from the GTS that also had Pokerus. Both of those times, the Pokerus was hacked.

The most recent (and the only time I found Pokerus legitimately without trade) was in X, before I beat the Elite 4. I was in Pokemon Village to find Wulfric so that I can get the 8th Gym Badge. One of the first encounters was a Jigglypuff and it somehow had Pokerus. I opened the menu to switch my lead Pokemon and voila! Pokerus was there on the status screen.

That same Pokerus is still in use today.