CaitlynMellark

10 members have voted

1. 1. Random Poll! Robin or Kamui?

• Robin (M)
    • Kamui (M)
    • Robin (F)
    • Kamui (F)

I need SERIOUS help.

I have tried Lunatic/Casual (yes, I am a casual player, sue me) & I can't get passed the first four chapters to save my life. Furthest I've gotten is Chapter Four, but Freddy died many times before the end. I am restarting my Lunatic for a fresh start. I NEED suggestions to help me through the levels before I can access DLC (if I access DLC, I can just happily grind). I have tried walkthroughs & such, but it doesn't help.

If you are having trouble with keeping Freddy alive, I have a few tips....

-Give Freddy MU's sword for WTA over Barbarians and it's high Durability

-Build up Freddy's support with Sully ASAP (but don't marry them). If you have a B or even a C support between them it will be like Kellam's and Chrom's base support put together, give or take some Defense.

-Give Fred Chrom and Lissa's Vulnerary alongside Virion's Elixir. He needs everything he can get before they can be purchased.

This only really applies if you want to use him past Earlygame, but use a Dread Scroll on him, get him Iote's Shield if you have the DLC and reclass him to Wyvern. Fixes all his problems with Spd and Res. (I bought King Marth and Jaffar, gave them a crapload of swords, reclassed Jaffar to a GK, paired them up, had Jaffar pick the lock to Roy's room and just had Marth hole up in there and beat it early on, and I also got Lyn who instantly kicked everyone's ass.)

If you are having trouble with keeping Freddy alive, I have a few tips....

-Give Freddy MU's sword for WTA over Barbarians and it's high Durability

-Build up Freddy's support with Sully ASAP (but don't marry them). If you have a B or even a C support between them it will be like Kellam's and Chrom's base support put together, give or take some Defense.

-Give Fred Chrom and Lissa's Vulnerary alongside Virion's Elixir. He needs everything he can get before they can be purchased.

This only really applies if you want to use him past Earlygame, but use a Dread Scroll on him, get him Iote's Shield if you have the DLC and reclass him to Wyvern. Fixes all his problems with Spd and Res. (I bought King Marth and Jaffar, gave them a crapload of swords, reclassed Jaffar to a GK, paired them up, had Jaffar pick the lock to Roy's room and just had Marth hole up in there and beat it early on, and I also got Lyn who instantly kicked everyone's ass.)

Ok, I'll try that out. I just really want to get further in Lunatic mode so bad.

You're meant to get in trouble by overrelying on Fred, he's not very well suited to Lunatic(+) soloing.

What you should do instead is have a +Def Avatar and try to funnel as much exp into him/her in the Prologue as you can. Fred will likely need to OHKO the two Myrms and the Mage, but a single hit of his Silver Lance gets both Barbarians in killing range of Avatar, and if you take one out with Thunder the other doesn't have enough Atk to OHKO you. From there, put Fred behind Chrom, Lissa behind Avatar, and have Avatar and Chrom walk out onto the water on the top. They should be on separate sides, and Chrom should be far enough away that the Mage can't hit him, but can hit Avatar. From there, kill the Mage by using Thunder on enemy phase and Vulneraries on player phase. None of the remaining enemies can swim, so you can safely kill all of them with Thunder for a large amount of exp. For the boss, fight at range with Thunder, and have the two units not supporting Avatar be adjacent to him/her for a +3 support bonus (which negates the boss's crit).

For Cht.1, put Fred behind Avatar, equip the Bronze Sword, head to the lower fort, and stay there and tank things. It might take a few tries if you get unlucky with dodges, but the Fighters should have less than 50 listed Hit so it's not too bad. Having 11 Def before Fred's boost and the Fort bonus makes the Archer do 0 damage, so you won't need to worry about taking him out and can keep the sword on. Before you finish the chapter, trade Virion's Elixir to Avatar or Fred.

For Cht.2, pair up Avatar and Fred and head out to fight. Everyone else should go to the bottom right corner to hide (a Soldier and possibly a Barb will come for them, you'll have to pigpile those down). Use the Elixir to keep healthy, try to reach a Fort on turn 2, and switch between Avatar and Fred if needed to spread out damage across both of their HPs. The bottom wave is the hardest, if you can survive it the top always goes down.

For Cht.3, start by sending Chrom out to recruit Kellam, pairing up with him, running back out of range and ending your turn. This lets Kellam be recruited without triggering the enemies. When you attack, go on the left side and try to kill the Knight with Thunder. Avatar should have about 20 Def with Fred supporting, and will damage everything on enemy phase- clean them all up next turn (notable, Sumia with a Chrom support doubles and does 16 total damage to the Archers, which is very good). After that, open the door and kill the Knight, and then fight the approaching enemies in the choke. Try to kill the Archer first, so that Lissa can stand behind Avatar and heal him if needbe. For the top enemies, you can either stand in the choke and fight them there, or run away in circles to take them on one at a time.

Cht.4 is very easy from there, because your Avatar will be pretty much invincible. If you need an extra boost, open up the Renown awards and grab the Celica's Gale.

From here, you can grind to your heart's content, though keep in mind that you can't get Second Seals from any DLC maps and will eventually get stuck if you don't press on. But your Avatar should be so strong (reclass them with the Second Seal from Renown) that you can keep going without it without being any worse off, at least for a while.

There are more advanced strategies than this with much higher success rates, but this is the simplest way to get through without a lot of hassle and/or luck. Most of the "walkthroughs" on youtube are bogus, by the way.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

You're meant to get in trouble by overrelying on Fred, he's not very well suited to Lunatic(+) soloing.

What you should do instead is have a +Def Avatar and try to funnel as much exp into him/her in the Prologue as you can. Fred will likely need to OHKO the two Myrms and the Mage, but a single hit of his Silver Lance gets both Barbarians in killing range of Avatar, and if you take one out with Thunder the other doesn't have enough Atk to OHKO you. From there, put Fred behind Chrom, Lissa behind Avatar, and have Avatar and Chrom walk out onto the water on the top. They should be on separate sides, and Chrom should be far enough away that the Mage can't hit him, but can hit Avatar. From there, kill the Mage by using Thunder on enemy phase and Vulneraries on player phase. None of the remaining enemies can swim, so you can safely kill all of them with Thunder for a large amount of exp. For the boss, fight at range with Thunder, and have the two units not supporting Avatar be adjacent to him/her for a +3 support bonus (which negates the boss's crit).

For Cht.1, put Fred behind Avatar, equip the Bronze Sword, head to the lower fort, and stay there and tank things. It might take a few tries if you get unlucky with dodges, but the Fighters should have less than 50 listed Hit so it's not too bad. Having 11 Def before Fred's boost and the Fort bonus makes the Archer do 0 damage, so you won't need to worry about taking him out and can keep the sword on. Before you finish the chapter, trade Virion's Elixir to Avatar or Fred.

For Cht.2, pair up Avatar and Fred and head out to fight. Everyone else should go to the bottom right corner to hide (a Soldier and possibly a Barb will come for them, you'll have to pigpile those down). Use the Elixir to keep healthy, try to reach a Fort on turn 2, and switch between Avatar and Fred if needed to spread out damage across both of their HPs. The bottom wave is the hardest, if you can survive it the top always goes down.

For Cht.3, start by sending Chrom out to recruit Kellam, pairing up with him, running back out of range and ending your turn. This lets Kellam be recruited without triggering the enemies. When you attack, go on the left side and try to kill the Knight with Thunder. Avatar should have about 20 Def with Fred supporting, and will damage everything on enemy phase- clean them all up next turn (notable, Sumia with a Chrom support doubles and does 16 total damage to the Archers, which is very good). After that, open the door and kill the Knight, and then fight the approaching enemies in the choke. Try to kill the Archer first, so that Lissa can stand behind Avatar and heal him if needbe. For the top enemies, you can either stand in the choke and fight them there, or run away in circles to take them on one at a time.

Cht.4 is very easy from there, because your Avatar will be pretty much invincible. If you need an extra boost, open up the Renown awards and grab the Celica's Gale.

From here, you can grind to your heart's content, though keep in mind that you can't get Second Seals from any DLC maps and will eventually get stuck if you don't press on. But your Avatar should be so strong (reclass them with the Second Seal from Renown) that you can keep going without it without being any worse off, at least for a while.

There are more advanced strategies than this with much higher success rates, but this is the simplest way to get through without a lot of hassle and/or luck. Most of the "walkthroughs" on youtube are bogus, by the way.

Thank you SOOOOOOO much! Now I can grind to my heart's content!