English localisations - Names & Such

HappyHawlucha

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual abs for Rinkah?

I sort of expect her to start with D-rank in axes/clubs but dunno about other changes. Maybe Tsukuyomi would start at level 4 instead of level 1 similar to what they did with Edward and Leo? Hard to say, but them touching growth rates wouldn't surprise me too much. If FE:F gives them the ability to change stats specific to difficulty levels--something I don't think they were quite able to do in past releases without effecting other things--they might go that route too.

edit: from a business perspective, it'd also make sense for them to get treehouse to implement any changes they'd have wanted based on japanese player feedback to increase the number of import sales or additional sales from those within the target region who already imported. And then they could put the changes into the Japanese BEST edition (or whatever they're calling the re-prints for 3DS) to get even more additional purchases at the value level. This was common with in-house localizations in the 90s/early 2000s at least.

Edited by lysander

Looking at the localization change subsection, it looks like the only game that they changed growth rates for was Sacred Stones, so I don't think they'll mess with them. Base stats and weapon ranks I could see as they have done that a bit more often before, and it'd be nice if they did that since a few characters could benefit from getting those changes.

Another thing I'll say on the matter is that in terms of gameplay changes, they could address some of the complaints about certain maps. For instance, Nohr's Chapter 19 seems to get a lot of flack due to how RNG based the level can be due to the Foxes, addressing that in localization would help in making the difficulty smoother and the gameplay better for players.

Edited by Medeus

I sort of expect her to start with D-rank in axes/clubs but dunno about other changes. Maybe Tsukuyomi would start at level 4 instead of level 1 similar to what they did with Edward and Leo? Hard to say, but them touching growth rates wouldn't surprise me too much. If FE:F gives them the ability to change stats specific to difficulty levels--something I don't think they were quite able to do in past releases without effecting other things--they might go that route too.

edit: from a business perspective, it'd also make sense for them to get treehouse to implement any changes they'd have wanted based on japanese player feedback to increase the number of import sales or additional sales from those within the target region who already imported. And then they could put the changes into the Japanese BEST edition (or whatever they're calling the re-prints for 3DS) to get even more additional purchases at the value level. This was common with in-house localizations in the 90s/early 2000s at least.

If they do change some of these gameplay factors, will they tell us beforehand, or are we expected to figure it out as we play?

If they do change some of these gameplay factors, will they tell us beforehand, or are we expected to figure it out as we play?

Somebody will pull the data fairly quickly, but yeah they wouldn't really announce it--the small audience that cares/knows about changes will figure it out on their own, from their point of view--so much as they might mention it during interviews if asked or prompted (see the PoR localization interview). Think back to when you bought FFVII or received it as a gift or, uh, imagine a kid who did. Oh or imagine FFX if that's closer to your age. Or FE8. You/the kid wouldn't have known/cared that the version they received differed very slightly from the japanese version because they probably wouldn't have known/cared about its existence anyway. Or if they were the type to know/care they'd also be reading internet forums that would have the differences listed right away.