Prep Screen Unit Order OCD

Irysa

Does anyone else suffer from this? I've gotten into quite the habit of ordering up my Prep Screens in various ways. Typically I order them like this:

Lord/Main Characters (Avatars count for this) > Mounted Physical Promoted Units (Fliers first) > Mounted Physical Unpromoted Units > Promoted Physical Infantry > Unpromoted Physical Infantry > Mounted Staff/Magic Units > Infantry Staff/Magic Units > Misc (Dancers, Merlinus)

In Awakening that got messed up since I tried to set my unit order to sort of match the pairings of the characters. However eventually my class OCD got the better of me and I had them in neat rows categorised.

Edited by Irysa

I suffer from the prep screen ordering thing too.

Although I also tend to order my items in a particular way too (like Iron Sword / Heal > Steel Sword / Mend > Concoction-like item). The only reason I'd disrupt this is for equipping and even then it kinda disturbs me.

With magic it's (FE4 Light >) Fire > Thunder > Wind (> FE13 Dark) or in the GBA games, Primary Tome > Secondary Tome > Staves. It just pleases me to have trivial organisation.

is this better or worse than my OCD of using even mov and ending a chapter with even # of uses on my weapons

I actually like having odd numbered uses on weapons since it translates into probably having a One Use weapon around eventually, and those can be quite useful for some strategies. Of course, having a Two Use weapon is nice too but the One Use one is more flexible.

Although I also tend to order my items in a particular way too (like Iron Sword / Heal > Steel Sword / Mend > Concoction-like item). The only reason I'd disrupt this is for equipping and even then it kinda disturbs me.

Egads, I do this too. I always want to have Vulneraries at the bottom of my inventories. I sort of have a compulsion to make sure weapons are in the right kind of order too (Weakest to Strongest, then Ranged/Special Weapons) but I don't feel that one as strongly since the order changes a lot in the middle of a battle anyway, wheras the Vulneraries should always be at the bottom!

Edited by Irysa

Your not the only one.Whenever I finish the game, I sort out the units in order of recruitment.

I also sort out my weapon inventories too.Like for my MU in FEA I have it:

Thoron

Levin Sword

Elixer

In fact, I give everyone in FEA the weapon they have in their artwork.Like Lissa just randomly has a Heal staff that she never uses and Kjelle an Iron Lance alongside her Brave Lance and Tomahawk.

Having OCD in FE sucks.

I never put effective weapons at the top.

As for the deployment order thing, I only re-order my units if I have to unfield a bunch of units, but I order them pretty similarly. In some games (mostly noticed it in FE6), I tend to put new recruits at the bottom because I don't notice them until I finished skimming the top of the list though. I guess it has to do with physical combattants being the most important when doing a chapter, since Mages/staffbots/dancers wouldn't really get the job done without physical units.

I always rearrange my units in the order of the chapters I got them in. In Awakening, I'd pick Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Sumia, Cordelia, etc. In Sacred Stones, Eirika / Ephraim (depending on the route I chose) would always be second. I'd pick Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Neimi, Forde, Amelia, etc.

It's similar in Fates, just slightly different. I'd start with Kamui, then pick the youngest sister (Sakura/Elise depending on route), then pick Azura, then Felicia and/or Jakob, and then pick everyone else according to chapter order. For example I'd pick Kamui, Elise, Azura, Jakob, Silas, Odin, Zero, Luna, Nyx, etc.

I'm not the picky when it comes to weapons, though.

The only FE OCD I have involves weapons. No weapon can not have an odd number of uses remaining, or else it irritates me so much. I will do everything I can to get a weapon to an even number. I just really hate odd numbers. On the Prep screen though, I just do whatever I want with it. It doesn't really bug me.

organizingtheconvoybringsmetearsofjoy

Deployment order doesn't matter much to me, but weapons do. I always organize my weapons Iron>Steel>Effective>PRF and vulneraries have to stay at the bottom of a unit's inventory. I can't sell weapons that leave my funds ending in a number that's not 0. (5 works, but it's non-optimal.)

Edited by Sniper Knight

I always put the Jagan second. Other than that I always try to have only one of each class deployed, although this is more for practical reasons when the sprites all looked the same. That, and I like each character feeling special.