Randomizer Low Turns REDUX (FE6)

General Horace

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will I actually update regularly?

Polls were too hard so I decided to make a new topic for said poll, and just put it in the gba era section since all the options are from here anyway (and perhaps i'll eventually do a run of all the gba games anyway?)

Just wanted to gauge interest on what you guys think I should randomize for my next run with the newer randomizer with a few more options.

I'm still not a fan of randomized items, but i've added a bunch of other things to the polls (with some restrictions like minimum con and maximum movement) so hopefully this will turn out pretty hilarious and hopefully my team isn't as broken as last time around

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking like the majority so far. I'll leave it up a little while longer before I confirm it though.

If FE6 ends up happening, i'll likely do Normal mode in case my team is too terrible to beat Henning or something.

Votes have been tallied, ties were broken by what I voted for.

Fe6, Random Growths/bases (with variance), Normal Recruitment, Enemy growths increased by 10%, bosses classes changed and buffed, and upon looking at my team, I've decided that i'm doing NORMAL MODE because holy shit my initial team is extremely useless.

6f21ba5c55a6b4942a873bcaa199bf85.png

I'm also allowing myself to look at growths so I don't commit to someone with 5% str/spd/def or something,

EDIT: I might actually end up vetoing random growths. 5% seems like a really common thing to happen (it's like half of half my units growths in strength or speed). For instance, Roy has 140% HP, 80% strength, 75% defence, and 5% everywhere else but luck.

Confirmed that I'm not going to randomize growths. Mostly because almost all my growths were useless, but Dieck's group were three bards and Wyvern Rider!Lott with 80% str/spd. I just don't want things to become unwinnable or just a Lott solo. I'm also gonna rerandomize someone if they spawn as a dancer/bard if I already have one. I'm also replacing poison weapons and fixing weapon ranks. For reference in the above picture, Marcus was a MANAKETE and oneshotted everything.

Edited by General Horace

Randomized FE6 can be pretty mean because of how much you depend on mounted units, especially early on. Alance will be pretty useless if they roll a horseless class and Ch.2 can be pretty slow if you have neither a flier nor Paladin!Marcus. So I guess this run will be a lot more difficult to plan and play out than randomized FE7 [which tbh was mostly amusing to watch but didn't seem very challenging]. I just hope this run doesn't get cockblocked :3

Though I remember you saying you don't like FE6?

I'm not a huge fan on FE6, but I haven't played it in a while and randomizer puts a new spin on it (kinda)

And yeah the FE7 run was pretty easy since Priscilla and Oswin were ridiculously OP. I think i'm still gonna do normal mode here since i'm buffing the enemies already, and the units with good bases can roll useless classes.

Yeah, i looked through everyone's growths, and i'd say about 40% of the growths my characters had were less than 10%, and if they're in strength or speed, it automatically makes a unit worthless.

I also had three bards in chapter 2, so I put a limit on them, they'll get rerandomized. If a character rolls their initial class, i'll also rerandomize them.

She could like, gain 4 extra base stats and be like a wyvern or some class with high bases!

Alternatively she could lose 4 and become something with awful bases like a mage and be even worse. But Bard/Dancer is her best bet.

I'll likely get Chapter 1 up after I have dinner.

For the poll, wishful thinking :shrug:

so i'm hoping once every 2/3 days

I'm choosing to interpret this as 16 hours.

Yeah, i looked through everyone's growths, and i'd say about 40% of the growths my characters had were less than 10%, and if they're in strength or speed, it automatically makes a unit worthless.

I also had three bards in chapter 2, so I put a limit on them, they'll get rerandomized. If a character rolls their initial class, i'll also rerandomize them.

Completely random growths seems weird. Maybe something like randomizing all the available growths in the games between characters could work, but even that might get screwy.

Glad to hear about the second part. It was a bit of a letdown last time to see people in the same class they originally had.

Definitely looking forward to this, and may the RNGods smile upon your characters.

Edited by bottlegnomes

But bases man!

very few units in FE6 have good personal bases! there's the HM units (and on Normal mode Rutger and Miledy's personal bases are very mediocre) and like nobody until like, Percival? who actually has good personal bases. It's all fine and dandy when Marcus and Zealot are Paladins, but when they're a 5 move manakete and a Valkyrie with 5 magic and other earlygame units like Alan/Lance/Dieck become a Bard/Priest/Thwomp respectively, other units like Wolt needed growths to succeed.

I'm gonna play chapter 1 after I do the dishes here.

I'm gonna do a post like this one here before every chapter I get new units in, just to outline my units and how much their bases changed, and a preliminary though on how/if they'll be useful. Also, i'm going to slightly change the weapons they come with, because all my axe users joining with Devil axes is hammers seems hilarious, but after randoming on a another rom a few times, poison weapons, longbows, devil axes and hammers all are more frequent than just plain old Iron weapons (which I haven't seen much of at all) so at least the first few chapters of weapons will be normalized a bit, and i'm turning all poison weapons into iron weapons, because they're stupid.

CHAPTER 1 UNITS

2ec2d10ea78ea805902c4cc972e439f8.png

oh nooooooo all his stats except HP are worse than before

and fe6 axes. Honestly he might not be worse. He can handle the soldiers a lot better early on now, and the wyverns lategame will be easy too! He even gets the cool +30% crit bonus on promotion. Here's how his bases changed:

UNIT  HP ST SK SP LC DF RS
ROY   +3 -2 +1 -3 -5 -- +1

not sure how the -5 luck happened. Oh well. Pretty miserable overall, -str/spd really hurts. The +HP is nice though. I'm gonna change anything that's greater than +4/-4 to that number if it happens again (spoilers, it happened to bors, he had +7 speed). Actually, I ended up changing it back to -4 luck anyway.

8193547a24cc60682d030fe6091ed160.png

Marcus looks really good! 15 speed should hold up a long time and his REALLY high skill and crit bonus should patch up is mediocre strength. He might actually be fielded for a really long time depending on how other units turn out. Only drawback is obviously 6 movement.

UNIT   HP ST SK SP LC DF RS
MARCUS -4 +1 +3 +4 -4 +4 +3

some really wild changes here. +4 speed and defence is HUGE.

a71d1c5add376b55c5599eb896ae383a.png

Axebro/10. Probably won't last that long, he'll probably do Lott/Ward things and then get benched. Especially since he's outclassed by everyone else except Roy in chapter 1 alone.

ALAN   -- -1 +3 -- +1 -- +1

didn't change a whole lot. Doesn't really matter though.

da715dcc9c679bd300c78ddc90a474e8.png

hahahaha

He looks pretty solid. Low strength base and lame strength growth will probably hold him back, but he'll be pretty durable and very fast. Might get longer term use as a bosskiller or something if he gets a few early strength levels.

BORS   +1 -1 +3 +4 -1 -- +5

whoops, missed the +5 res. I'll change it. otherwise the -strength hurts him a lot.

22c6b549fd23d0eb0f6659ac79ca8d7a.png

woo a cav!

His growths are actually pretty good, so he'll probably see some long term use. He's pretty much Alan with less strength and more skill and slightly worse bases overall (except hp!)

WOLT   +4 +2 +2 -2 -2 -1 --

lets be real, Wolt needed the +2 strength. It's a good thing he rolled into cavalier, the class bases are really good.

7811162dd9c9697b7421be6ec6c452f3.png

looks really good. His good offensive growths will make him a very good longterm unit. Probably the best unit in chapter 1.

LANCE  -- +3 -3 -- +1 +1 --

apparently nomad bases are really good too. +3 strength rules.

I'll get the chapter up a bit later, have a few things to do around the house first.

see, I even did it, it only took me several hours of procrastination!

Edited by General Horace

CHAPTER 2 UNITS

795caa9befd0d58cf817d83635a39331.png

Thief/10. She has the second best offence on the team already, shame she's a thief.

ELLEN  +3 +4 -- -2 -4 +2 +2

dat +4 strength. Ellen has a really good personal speed base, so the -2 didn't hit her too hard in a fast class.

358df866a1ba9338e6b40fd1afce180c.png

Dieck is... a worse thief? It's a shame that he got stuck in a lame class. Ellen's better, so he'll probably be benched. He hilarious started with two slim swords.

DIECK  -4 -1 +1 -2 -3 +1 +2

pretty lame +'s and bad -'s seal his fate.

ac7bcca3fb69671d0e1f6335ad63b3cd.png

Actually not bad bases for a mage. There's a very small chance he'll be used long term, he's kind of like Lilina with a massive HP boost and slightly slower, with defence instead of Res. And Lilina isn't very good. His bases are decent enough and he'll provide some solid chip for a while I guess.

WARD   -4 +4 +2 -- -4 -1 +4

It's really a shame he didn't get +4 speed instead of strength. Or even instead of skill. Oh well.

32a37251cf7c3784bcf64890567406b4.png

rofl

He's kind of like Bors growth wise, which would be good considering his raw bases, (although he'd be a bit slow) and his low strength growth is patched up by his huge base. But he's a thwomp. His defence is pretty shaky too.

LOTT   -4 +4 +3 -1 +1 -2 +4

thanks - speed +4 res

Pretty similar to Ward's gains/losses actually.

f4e1788b0ca587515ac8fd55361c2fb2.png

rip thany

2 con 3 base speed

THANY  +3 +2 +4 -4 +4 +1 +1

-4 speed killed her.

All in all, the chapter 2 units are all pretty terrible. Ward or Ellen might be the best, and they're not great. I'll likely play the chapter a bit later tonight.

Edited by General Horace

hey, I did it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FfD9-v_a5c&feature=youtu.be

Chapter 2 in 6 turns. Unfourtunately nobody in Dieck's group other than Thwomp Lott has the Con to rescue Roy, so this is as fast as I could go. The boss randomly had a chest key, Thief Dieck for top tier.