What if Fire Emblem will be (one of) Nintendo's main IP?

NewDisplayName

I'd be crazy happy, but also incredibly worried by how often I'd need to update the site, with all the games and spin-offs coming out.

...But I'd be more happy than anything.

Doubt it'd happen though, since FE is a RPG at heart and those are a pretty niche in the grand scheme of things. Unless your name is "Final Fantasy" or something.

Probably not quite there yet since the big-hit Fire Emblem titles (Awakening and presumably Fates) have a 3-year release gap, whereas Mario, Legend of Zelda and Pokemon each get at least 1 game released per year.

well i hope they remove pedophilia from their games if its going to be one of the main IP's, gotta keep that "child friendly" image after all, and not "child friendly" as in what they've been doing with the series.

I want this too but considering that the niche that was drawn to this bought both Awakening and Fates, IS might make it a stable to keep that crowd around.

I want this too but considering that the niche that was drawn to this bought both Awakening and Fates, IS might make it a stable to keep that crowd around.

we can have children and marriage without actually marring the children.

granted the internet right now is defending a proven pedophile but that is not really related to the main point I'm making other then people will do mental gymnastics to justify it.

oh god if they do remove children marriage i'm going to bust a gut and a blood cell if i see some review article going "Why is nintendo going backwards and not letting us marry children?"

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

i would like it if it means the fe games are gonna get better again. like mario has never had a bad main game. even with side games the worst they ever get is just okay.

Some people would argue against that (I've only played SMB1, 3, World, and 64 so I can't really say much in that regard) and some would also say there's never been a bad FE game. It's all subjective. I don't think becoming mainstream is going to have any effect on FE's quality.

All I could see happening with this is FE getting a larger fanbase, which could be a good or a bad thing.

Maybe we could start getting more FE games more regularly but considering the release schedule for some of the other main IP's (ie: Zelda gets 1-2 games per generation) probably not.

I dunno, I don't think FE would benefit from regular releases Ike a year apart). One of the cool things about taking a while between games is that improvements are greater. If Fates came out a year after Awakening, I doubt it would be even half as good as it currently is.

That would be cool. Fire Emblem is pretty unknown to most people and is known as the series with blue-haired swordsman by most people.

But it is getting more mainstream. It was the main event in the Nintendo Digital, imo.

I wouldn't mind seeing a release schedule like Pokemon has with spinoffs in between the main games (musou style FE?). I think it would keep the fans excited about the series while also keeping enough development time for the games to actually be good and not thrown together which is how I feel like Mario games are.

I can't see Fire Emblem really becoming one of Nintendo's main IP's until an entry is able to surpass 1,000,000 units sold domestically. That's not to say that it hasn't increased in prominence, especially with Fates now being the most successful entry since FE3, but there's still a long way to go. It is amusing however to see 3 Fire Emblem games being promoted on NCL's main page at the same time.

At the same time, FE is probably more "main" than Metroid right now.

Ouch. Poor Metroid.

Btw, I don't think FE is one of Nintendo's IP yet. It might become one if Fates and the next FE are successful. And I really want to see that happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Next stop: a Mario Kart appearance. I want to see Ike crammed into a little go-kart like Link.

Maybe we'll have a Fire Emblem Kart, except they'll all be on horses, pegasi, or wyverns and Seth would tip over because he's unbalanced

Maybe a Fire Emblem Warriors style game similar to Hyrule Warriors?