Five Night's at Freddy's is getting an "official" RPG

Water Mage

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/16/five-nights-at-freddys-is-being-turned-into-an-rpg/

Well, that's an odd idea for FNAF spinoff.

Now, I'm not a particular fan of the series, but I don't really have anything against the series, sure it's REALLY popular and it's fandom is not really "pleasant", to put it nicely, but I really won't hate something just because it's popular or because it has a bad fandom.

But anyway, for such a popular series, it was obvious that it was getting an spinoff, but an RPG of all things?

I mean, there's Five Nights at Fuckboys, but that's a fangame.

Edited by Water Mage

I may actually play.I never played 1-4 and I lost interest after 1 but an RPG sounds interesting.I do like the designs of a lot of the animitronics.

I may play it if it's not riddled with jump scares.I would like to sleep at night.

Eh, the jump scares of FNAF are used far more responsibly than other games that use them. They're all avoidable as long as you don't lose, so they're basically used to ensure that the death of the player hurts you, instilling something resembling fear of death within the player. It doesn't use startling as a substitute for scaring, it makes the player scared of being startled.

Am i the only one really bored with this franchise? I think its run its course...An rpg? Is that really even necessary? I guess if it sells....

Eh, the jump scares of FNAF are used far more responsibly than other games that use them. They're all avoidable as long as you don't lose, so they're basically used to ensure that the death of the player hurts you, instilling something resembling fear of death within the player. It doesn't use startling as a substitute for scaring, it makes the player scared of being startled.

Maybe im just really desensitized because the game never scared me at all.

Hmm... this is an interesting idea for sure. Like you, I was never really into the series, but you gotta give it to Scott Cawthon, he sure knows how to drum up an unreal amount of success in a short period of time.

I'm just going to quote a random person on the internet:

"The jump scares don't act as a replacement for the atmosphere. They're part of the atmosphere.

I can't really imagine how this would end up looking, but hey, if the guy likes making games for this franchise, then keep on developing!

It's amazing how big this franchise has gotten to the point where, I shit you not, there's nearly 6k fanfics for it on fanfiction.net. Not to mention some of the...not very safe for work fanart that's made for it (nothing can escape rule 35....)