SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

8. Least favorite Fire Emblem lord?

9. Least favorite/worst Fire Emblem villain?

10. Do you enjoy music? Either in reference to video game music, non-video game music, or both.

11. Favorite Fire Emblem soundtrack, if you have one?

12. What other game series do you play besides Fire Emblem?

13. Favorite game genres?

14. Do you enjoy books and/or movies?

8. Ike is overrated for how shallow his character feels. He certainly isn’t the star and saviour he’s been presented as. That he isn’t allowed to grow as a character doesn’t help. That he hijacks Micaiah’s game doesn’t either.

9. The Black Knight I’m not the biggest fan either. He is superfluous and could have very well been merged into Ashnard. As it is, he’s a walking/warping plot device with no personality to speak of.

10. I like listening to music, both video game music and otherwise. My tastes are pretty eclectic and can range from disco to metal. I can put up with many things.

11. Genealogy’s, with Eldigan the Lionheart, Verdane’s Barbarians, and Confronting Arvis as my top three picks.

12. I’m a big fan of Paradox’s historical grand strategy games: Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings. I’m not as interested in Stellaris because I’m indifferent to space fantasy. I also like Warcraft.

13. Strategy and everything strategic, especially turn-based or in any capacity discrete. My reaction isn’t that swift, and more time for deliberation is always appreciated.

14. I’m lazy but I do read. The last film I’ve watched was Warcraft though. Films aren’t my cup of tea.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

1. What was your introduction to Fire Emblem?

2. Why did you decide to join SF?

What, you're stealing my questions too?

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

4. History is my passion. Learning history is a good way to see how much humanity has screwed up during the timeline… and sometimes predict when they will screw up next time.

Nice! A lot of people like history here.

I. Favorite of the Classical and Chinese elements?

II. Favorite era/period/topic of history?

III. Do you enjoy mythology?

IV. Fight or flight?

V. Favorite season?

VI. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

VII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

... @Vaximillian.

Edited by Rex Glacies

Hi @Vaximillian!

1: First/Current Impressions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate dislike that everyone else likes?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

6: Why do you dislike using the word "hate"?

7: Opinion in the name Rachel?

8: Opinion on petticoats?

9: Opinion on kilts?

10: If you were a Fire Emblem unit, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

What, you're stealing my questions too?

In my defense, I knew I was probably taking those questions from someone, but I couldn't remember who. It just unfortunately turned out to be you. But I promise, I will no longer steal questions from anyone!

@Vaximillian

15. Do you like bluegrass?

16. What was your favorite book that you've read recently?

17. Same as above, but for a song or album.

18. Favorite playable character from FE4 in Gen 1?

19. Favorite playable character from FE4 in Gen 2?

20. Favorite villain character from FE4 in Gen 1?

21. Favorite villain character from FE4 in Gen 2? Although I could probably guess your answer here...

52 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I. Favorite of the Classical and Chinese elements?

II. Favorite era/period/topic of history?

III. Do you enjoy mythology?

IV. Fight or flight?

V. Favorite season?

VI. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

VII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

I. Earth for both. It embodies balance, moderation, and stability, and in a world as turbulent as ours these are the prime virtues.

II. Early Modern era, especially in Europe. Two main concepts begin to institutionalise: nation-states and organised science.

III. I do. Without mythology, there wasn’t culture. Mythology is in the base.

IV. Flight to fight another day when absolutely needed.

V. Summer. Winter is cold (and, living in Siberia, cold means business), while spring and autumn are wet and dirty.

VI. Urban through and through.

VII. I don’t have much of an experience of non-urban surroundings, so I am pretty content with my city.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hi @Vaximillian!

1: First/Current Impressions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate dislike that everyone else likes?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

6: Why do you dislike using the word "hate"?

7: Opinion in the name Rachel?

8: Opinion on petticoats?

9: Opinion on kilts?

10: If you were a Fire Emblem unit, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

Hi Rezzy!

1. I’m afraid I don’t quite remember what my first impressions of you were, but I'm pretty sure they didn’t change much. I still view you as a responsible and sensible adult and mother with a knack for jokes and puns to lighten up the atmosphere.

2. I am idealistic and want to improve the world around me and the people that live here. Which is why I became a teacher, to try and make our future brighter.

3. My students are my kids now, and this is a huge family. I do want to have kids eventually, but they are still distant plans, unfortunately.

4. I’m not sure my tastes are as contrarian, so I can’t recall anything of the sort right now. Could very well be the Game of Thrones TV series with how it’s wandering aimlessly like a headless chicken.

5. As a fan, I enjoyed Warcraft when it ran in the theatres. I get that it can be difficult to understand for non-fans, but even as an unrelated fantasy film it works quite well.

6. Hatred is an extremely strong feeling that should be reserved for only the worst things.

7. It is a good name, and I like how it sounds with a combination of R and L.

8. I’m not an expert of women’s fashion but why not? If it’s tasteful and it fits the intended image, everything can and would work.

9. I’ve never tried one on, but it’s quite a curious garment with a lot of symbolism. 

10. Realistically: a villager.
      Ideally: Jugdral-style sword-and-tome mage fighter with focus on tomes. Mag > Str, Res > Def, lower than average Spd and Lck, higher Skl to balance out.

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

15. Do you like bluegrass?

16. What was your favorite book that you've read recently?

17. Same as above, but for a song or album.

18. Favorite playable character from FE4 in Gen 1?

19. Favorite playable character from FE4 in Gen 2?

20. Favorite villain character from FE4 in Gen 1?

21. Favorite villain character from FE4 in Gen 2? Although I could probably guess your answer here...

15. I didn’t even know what that was until I looked it up. I need to listen to that one day, to broaden my musical horizon.

16. I’m often rereading Maurice Druon’s The Accursed Kings, and have recently started with book one again.

17. I’ve rediscovered Silent Circle not long ago. I’ve first heard them back in around ’98, it was their Back album. Recently I remembered about that and got to listen to them again. They are cool.

18. A toss-up between Deirdre and Finn. Finn is a normal but overwhelmingly badass guy actually surviving Jugdral, and Deirdre is this mysterious, ambiguously sinister figure at first who becomes a devoted and motherly woman. And both are tragic.

19. Arthur and Tine, maybe? Brought up by different people in different situations, they are siblings nonetheless, and they eventually stand together to enact retribution to the being who caused them so much pain.

20. Arvis the magnificent dastard (not to be confused with bastard). He planned everything except his own heart’s desires.

21. I like Ishtar but I absolutely don’t get what she loves in Julius. I want to know how exactly Hilda set up the two meeting and everything.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Хочется проверить, как хорошо работает гугл-переводчик? Сразу скажу, не очень.

You should see some of the french translations

This translated perfectly I think~

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

You are a cool robot whom I will continue to send Oboro pics too.

6. I JUST REMEMBERED

In my interview you just came in and said a post or two, and then left. Were you too shy to ask a question? 

7. Do you want to see me naked? :smug:

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You should see some of the french translations

6. I JUST REMEMBERED

In my interview you just came in and said a post or two, and then left. Were you too shy to ask a question? 

7. Do you want to see me naked? :smug:

French is funny. My sister is studying French, and we both make fun of me deliberately mispronouncing French words.

6. I have already forgot about that! Why did I even have to intervene? Maybe I just haven’t thought of a question at that time.

7. Your shiny metal ass, huh? Is this an offer or something?

@Vaximillian

Now to more personalish questions, feel free to abstain, if too personal.

11: When did you learn English, and do you use it outside the internet?

12: What do you teach?

13: What part of Siberia are you from?

14: What's the weather like there, now, and in general?

15: Is Siberia much different from western Russia?

16: How is growing up in post-Soviet Union Russia?  I have relatives in Lithuania, but your experiences are likely different and a generation removed.

17: How far from home have you been?

18: Have you ever been to a foreign country?

19: Any place you would like to visit?

20: If Heroes released a Christmas Sharena, would you pull for her?

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Now to more personalish questions, feel free to abstain, if too personal.

11: When did you learn English, and do you use it outside the internet?

12: What do you teach?

13: What part of Siberia are you from?

14: What's the weather like there, now, and in general?

15: Is Siberia much different from western Russia?

16: How is growing up in post-Soviet Union Russia?  I have relatives in Lithuania, but your experiences are likely different and a generation removed.

17: How far from home have you been?

18: Have you ever been to a foreign country?

19: Any place you would like to visit?

20: If Heroes released a Christmas Sharena, would you pull for her?

No problem, ask all you want.

11. I started at about five and have been steadily doing something ever since. Unfortunately, I mostly use it on the internet and when asked to translate a part of a song.

12. History, both of Russia and of the world.

13. I doubt whether South West Siberia would tell you anything, but anyway. It’s rather close to the border of Kazakhstan, Mongolia, and China.

14. In winter, it’s hellishly cold. In summer, it can be hellishly hot. There is just no moderation with weather here.

15. Apart from the really large cities like the obvious Moscow and St. Petersburg, most provincial cities look similar, especially if they were mostly built ot rebuilt during the Soviet era. Which most of the western cities were, because of the war and everything.

16. I’m sure it’s different. The experience between a huge overcentralised country with underdeveloped communications and a compact, concentrated one must be incomparable.

17. I’ve been to Greece on vacation, and that’s the farthest. My sister has been to Germany on a dance contest, so she beat me here.

18. Two, in fact, Ukraine and Greece. I’ve first been to Ukraine (Kiev, to be precise) at the exact moment of the Orange Revolution in 2004, and the tents with the protesters were everywhere.

19. I have a dream to visit New Zealand. Earlier, I had a dream to emigrate to New Zealand because it appears to be so far away from all the vitriol in the international politics.

20. I still wouldn’t, but I would be grateful for once. Sharena deserves more appreciation.

37 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

My booty is ready

8. Here I am!

Hide contents

591741788364f_download(1).jpg.964f2e98cb9990e0a8425b2bb3e7b957.jpg

Am I not the babe of babes?

Considering your age, this may or may not cause the FBI to come knocking.

21: Do you have a favorite Czar?

22: Do you like the spelling Czar or Tsar better?

23: How many cats do you own?

24: Favorite FE character from each game you've played?

25: Least favorite?

Heya @Vaximillian:):

1. What three words best describe you?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

8. What is something you have tried that you will never try again?

9. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

10. What are you most grateful for right now?

11. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

12. If you could time travel, where would you go?

13. What are your pet peeves?

14. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

15. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Heya @Vaximillian:):

1. What three words best describe you?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

8. What is something you have tried that you will never try again?

9. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

10. What are you most grateful for right now?

11. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

12. If you could time travel, where would you go?

13. What are your pet peeves?

14. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

15. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

Hi! :)

1. Stubborn, patient, indecisive.

2. In one’s happiness. If one feels happy about what they are doing, they are already successful.

3. Two things are my worst nightmares: to become useless and unneeded, and to die of suffocation.

4. I like to lie down in silence, without thinking about anything. Usually it works.

5. I don’t think so. Even though users do submit the data on their own, they do it for their audience. If they can’t make them interested, they won’t achieve anything.

6. The only rule I recognise is “don’t stick your nose in other’s business, and respect everyone equally”. Everything else is excessive.

7. Definitely recognition, or rather appreciation. Humans are still social and want appraisal. Indifference is the worst punishment.

8. A shameful confession: I attempted suicide once. Never again, obviously.

9. Introvert. I am absolutely fine with not seeing others for a long time, and can maintain relations with only a very limited number of friends who can understand me. That I became a teacher can sound ironic, but might also be a way for me to cope with social insecurities.

10. I’m extremely glad that I have my dream job, and am working hard to make this world even a little bit better.

11. Things are never easy, so sometimes avoiding barriers instead of scaling them can be satisfying.

12. Unless I’m incorporeal and can’t influence the past events in any way or capacity, I’d rather stay in this time.

13. I respect others’ names and cant’s stand when someone else twists and corrupts the chosen name. I also tend to not call people by name in a personal interaction, it feels weird for me.

14. I enjoyed BBC’s Sherlock, but apart from that I don’t really watch TV.

15. When I met the girl with whom we were together for almost four years, and that was the first relationship for both of us. She basically made me into whom I am now, even though she didn’t realise it. We were fourteen back then.

Edited by Vaximillian

Idk if it has been asked before because I was too lazy to read everything.

1. Do you own cats?
  2. What's your favorite cat breed?
  3. What's your favorite cat images you have or from the internet?
  4. Who's your favorite fictional cat?
  5. Who's your favorite cat in FE?
Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

@Vaximillian

22. Do you like pasta?

23. If so, favorite pasta dish? If not, any least favorite pasta dishes or experiences?

24. Do you enjoy music even if the lyrics are in a language you don't understand, or do you prefer to know what is being said?

25. Do you have a least favorite book and/or movie? If so, what are they?

26. Is there a possession of yours that you are particularly proud of owning? Nothing necessary to your life, just something material that you're really happy to have, like an album or something.

27. Do you have a favorite number, and if so, what is it?

28. Why are you so interested in betraying Cecilia?

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Considering your age, this may or may not cause the FBI to come knocking.

Let me do what I want mom, I'm not a kid anymore!

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Shapely! Quite hot indeed.

Glad you think so~

9. Do you want a piece of this?

10. Into super heroes or anything like that?

11. Russian is your first language. Was it hard to learn English?

12. Ever send home a unit in anger because they ruined your percentage in heroes?

20 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

6. Hatred is an extremely strong feeling that should be reserved for only the worst things.

Agreed!

@Vaximillian

VIII. Would you say that there are a lot of words that deserve to be used only sparingly?

IX. Favorite mythology?

X. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

XI. Favorite color?

XII. Grigori Rasputin - holy man of God, or evil devil worshiper (or neither)?

XIII. Would you say the circumstances around his unusual death were real, or just propaganda?

XIV. Hot or cold?

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@Vaximillian Since they got missed.

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

21. Alexander II commands some fondness from my heart. If he had’t got assassinated, Russia might have been a constitutional monarchy even to these days, and that would be quite a difference. Or it may have still collapsed violently like it did in OTL.

22. I prefer the spelling Tsar. It’s not as Polish.

23. Three: SophieStephanie, and Franziska.

24. If excluding unplayables, FE2: Celica, FE4: Finn, FE7: Priscilla, FE8: Lute, FE9: Calill, FE1/11: Catria, FE3/12: Catria again.

25. If excluding unplayables again, FE2: Delthea, FE4: Chulainn, FE7: Wallace, FE8: Ephraim, FE9: Sothe, FE1/11: Matthis, FE3/12: probably one of the Sable Knights? Let’s go with Vergil.

7 hours ago, Mister IceTeaPeach said:

1. Do you own cats?
What's your favorite cat breed? What's your favorite cat images you have or from the internet? Who's your favorite fictional cat? Who's your favorite cat in FE?

1. I do, three in fact: SophieStephanie, and Franziska.

2. I’m a huge fan of everything huge, so Maine Coon is the breed just for my liking.

3. Nyan Cat may be the pinnacle of the meme culture. Or it may not. It is said those who watch Nyan Cat looped for ten hours achieve enlightenment.

4. Behemoth from Mikhail Bulgakov’s Master and Margarita.

5. Not sure, maybe Mordecai? Or one of the dozens of cats in Valentia.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

22. Do you like pasta?

23. If so, favorite pasta dish? If not, any least favorite pasta dishes or experiences?

24. Do you enjoy music even if the lyrics are in a language you don't understand, or do you prefer to know what is being said?

25. Do you have a least favorite book and/or movie? If so, what are they?

26. Is there a possession of yours that you are particularly proud of owning? Nothing necessary to your life, just something material that you're really happy to have, like an album or something.

27. Do you have a favorite number, and if so, what is it?

28. Why are you so interested in betraying Cecilia?

22. I’m not sure I’ve tried pasta. Spaghetti doesn’t count, this much I know!

23. See 22, I guess.

24. Ironically, I probably enjoy the music better if I don’t understand the lyrics. Which is why I am not going to learn French or let my sister translate the lyrics for me.

25. I haven’t finished Leo Tolstoi’s War and Peace while at school, and I doubt I will any time soon. Dostoyevsky is a bit too overrated for me as well. As for films, I have been coerced into watching one of the Twilight series, and I nearly fell asleep through it. The one with whom I was watching it wasn’t amused.

26. There is this stuffed tiger that I’ve got on my second birthday or so (at least that’s my official version). He’s never going anywhere. He’s called Matvey (Matthew), BTW.

27. Twelve, maybe? Never noticed a particular fondness towards any of them.

28: I am not! D:

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

9. Do you want a piece of this?

10. Into super heroes or anything like that?

11. Russian is your first language. Was it hard to learn English?

12. Ever send home a unit in anger because they ruined your percentage in heroes?

9. Only a piece? Why stop at only a piece when I can have the whole?

10. They can be cool, but it’s not like I’m a fan.

11. No, not really. I got interested and motivated by playing games in English, so it came rather easy for me.

12. Got rid of a Spd/Atk Spring Camilla only yesterday.

38 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

VIII. Would you say that there are a lot of words that deserve to be used only sparingly?

IX. Favorite mythology?

X. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

XI. Favorite color?

XII. Grigori Rasputin - holy man of God, or evil devil worshiper (or neither)?

XIII. Would you say the circumstances around his unusual death were real, or just propaganda?

XIV. Hot or cold?

VIII. Most strong feelings are like that. Love/hate, adore/despise, and so on. Moderation is the key.

IX. Probably going to be lame and say Greek. On one hand, you can oversimplify and blame Zeus’ boner, on the other hand, there is a complex web of connections, causes and consequences that just works to explain almost evetything.

X. Haven’t taken the MBTI test, but took some socionics tests on urge by my sister. Apparently, I’m INTj/LII/Robespierre for what it’s worth.

XI. Probably red.

XII. Neither. A man too influental on the Empress for his own good.

XIII. He might very well have been hardy and enduring, or the murder might have been ill-planned, or both.

XIV. Hot. Too much cold in the winter!

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

12. Got rid of a Spd/Atk Spring Camilla only yesterday.

She's not even a bad unit

Literally what the shell

I assume the Spd is +, which means she was definitely still usable, even with Raven

Why ;-;

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Only a piece? Why stop at only a piece when I can have the whole?

Seems you certainly know what you want

13. Why in the name of all that is Anna, Sharena, and Alfonse would you send home a perfectly fine Spring Cam!??!?!?!?

14. You like History. What are some of your favorite time periods?

15. What are the biggest mistakes in history?

16. I know you like Oboro art, even though you never played Fates (as I). Anyone else you have interest in (in terms of art)?

17. Android or Apple?

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

13. Why in the name of all that is Anna, Sharena, and Alfonse would you send home a perfectly fine Spring Cam!??!?!?!?

14. You like History. What are some of your favorite time periods?

15. What are the biggest mistakes in history?

16. I know you like Oboro art, even though you never played Fates (as I). Anyone else you have interest in (in terms of art)?

17. Android or Apple?

13. She was seasonal. Were she in general pool and wore a non-silly suit, I would have kept her and built her. And she robbed me of a chance to maybe get Deirdre.

14. Early Modern era. The development of nation-states and institutionalised science are interesting processes.

15. I don’t like “what-ifs” because they are based on hindsight, but mismanaging the Chernobyl power station to the point of a disaster was beyond stupid, and it led to undeserved scorn towards nuclear power worldwide.

16. I like the class design for mercenaries in both 3DS games, so Severa, Inigo, Selena, Laslow, and Soleil, probably. Three of these are already in Heroes, too!

17. I’ve never used an Apple product and I’m on Android right now, so Android 

10 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

1. Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Science-Fantasy?

2. Favourite kind of weather?

3. Least favourite colour?

4. What movies/books/games did you used to love, but don't anymore?

5. Damage, Tank, or Healer?

1. Fantasy.

2. Warm and dry, closer to hot.

3. No idea, maybe acid green?

4. I think my tastes haven’t changed much. I do like slower-paced games better now, as my reaction got slower than earlier.

5. Damage > healer > tank.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ve never used an Apple product and I’m on Android right now, so Android 

This is why you're one of my faves

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She was seasonal. Were she in general pool and wore a non-silly suit, I would have kept her and built her.

You definitely have this backwards. Limited/Seasonal units are worth more than general pool units because you actually never know when you will see them again. You do also realize she is currently the only green flying mage in the game right!?!?!
This makes me sad ;-;

I guess it's too late now.... but Vax plz. Free to players like me would have made good use of such a thing

18. How dare you!

19. What do you think of seasonal banners?

20. What would I catch you doing in your spare time?

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

18. How dare you!

19. What do you think of seasonal banners?

20. What would I catch you doing in your spare time?

18. Again, I know she is a very good unit in her own right and awesome component of Flier Emblem. I know I willingly gimp myself, and I do that deliberately. I do not like seasonals and do not want to use them. And I won’t. Which leads into #19, I guess.

19. They are an inevitability but in my ideal world they wouldn’t exist. They take space and time from ordinary banners, and the designs for the units are most often silly and uninspired. When Halloween Henry is the best in terms of looks, it means something.

20. Probably sleeping, posting here on the forum, or browsing the interwebs.