I'm actually glad this game is Akaneia and Awakening only.

Statwise or characterwise? Because Shinon is utterly unlikable. Also, he's racist. Kinda hard for me to like a guy when he keeps going around using the Laguz equivalent of the N word.

I'd hate him if I met him, but as a fictional character he's entertaining.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Radiant Head said. And there's a reason he's a jerk. He wasn't loved by his parents. His mom never even hugged him. It's no wonder the poor man can't show some compassion and whatnot himself. And in fact, he can be a cool guy when he wants to, Rolf calls him an uncle figure. He's a mentor to him. I think he's not just entertaining, and at first, it's easy to dislike him, but he's not a dick just for the sake of it. And then behind that is a cool dude.

Shinon also lets go a lot of his racism in his A support with Janaff.

Edited by Anacybele

What Radiant Head said. And there's a reason he's a jerk. He wasn't loved by his parents. His mom never even hugged him. It's no wonder the poor man can't show some compassion and whatnot himself. And in fact, he can be a cool guy when he wants to, Rolf calls him an uncle figure. He's a mentor to him. I think he's not just entertaining, and at first, it's easy to dislike him, but he's not a dick just for the sake of it. And then behind that is a cool dude.

Shinon also lets go a lot of his racism in his A support with Janaff.

A shame he's back to his racist ways in FE10. Like Ike, Shinon loses almost all his development from FE9 to FE10.

Yeah, RD didn't do character development very well, except for a few people (such as Elincia and Skrimir). Shinon was still hilarious though, he has one of the best lines in the series because of RD. "Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" LOL

Yeah, I actually liked Shinon, even if I'm not the biggest Tellius fan out there. I didn't know about him changing in his and Janaff's A support tho, I might need to give that one a read sooner or later.

I'd love Elibe reps, since Lyn and Roy are my favorite lords in the series, but I'm a rather big Archenea fan too, so I'll settle for it. In case your wondering, Elibe and Archenea are tied for my favorite FE worlds

I'm still hyped for this, but I'm disappointed Elibe's getting the shaft, even if I understand why completely.

^I know, but the difference here is that for some reason, the devs are trying to make the game open to newcomers from Japan, I guess, while still keeping the fanservice for vets of both series again, from Japan, there.

It's obviously not working out here very well, but who knows, maybe this strategy will work out well enough overseas to where if they do this again, they will use more than 3 games.

"Man, Hyrule Warriors would have been so much better if the only playable characters were from Ocarina of Time"

-no one

Yet, HW only used characters from the home console games. The handheld ones were left out entirely, which I thought was unfair. Sure, the handheld games don't have as many notable characters, but they still have some. Vaati, Marin, Nayru, Din, Farore, Linebeck, Hilda, Ravio... I'd mention Ezlo as well, but he was a hat. His Minish form could work though, if Midna's true form is anything to go by. Both are big spoilers. Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap are likely the most popular handheld Zelda games too.

Edited by Anacybele

If it's supposed to be "open to new comers" I think having all the Smash FE characters is a no-brainer.

Actually now that I think about it, I can't rule out Ike and Roy having Amiibos features.

Which is why I think it's bloody dumb its just Awakening and Akaneia. If it's "mostly" I'd be fine with it, because then they'd at least have a few that are from something other then those two. I'm just... so very, very tired of seeing them kind of steal the spotlight... Ike's one of the most popular characters from Fire Emblem and if they don't have him in there, that's kind of... telling, I guess.

I just had an odd realization that practically confirms amiibo support .

Anyone else notice Marth, Robin, and Lucina are also MIA at present. I'm betting all 5 of them will be unlockable mirages thru amiibo or some crap like that.

Actually I just had a thought... are they gonna do what they did with the other SMTS?

By what I mean...

Law

Neutral

Chaos

Are they gonna be routes???

If Chaos is a route, you better be able to get Gharnef as a Mirage.

Tho if that means you can't get Tiki, I'm not going that route, since she's one of the two reasons I'm buying this game.

I feel like she could be... well... more Neutral~?

Well seeing as how Virion and Tharja are now confirmed mirages, I can no longer say that it's dumb that people complain about Awakening being represented when Chrom was the only playable mirage from FE13.

I'm absolutely thrilled that Chrom is the main character's mirage (throw the poor dog a bone every once in a while), and that Virion of all people is representing the archer class, seeing as how he's not really that popular, from what I see.

However, I respect the other games in the series, and it really will be a bummer if they're not at all represented in the game, which currently seems to be the case if they stick with one playable mirage to represent a class in FE, but it's probably too early to assume that.

Rember the "Save Adachi" ending in P4G?

I wouldn't call "Figure out the killer early, burn the evidence, then have the game fast forward to Adachi skipping town and mocking you" an alignment choice. It's kind of like the ending to the original Dragon Quest where you agree with the Dragonlord and then the screen turns red and he mocks you.

Actually it's exactly like that.

Adding Tellius or Elibe characters at least as main Mirages would not be as well received as Akaneia's cast. I doubt that Florina has the recognition of Caeda, Palla, Catria, Est, and Sumia for instance.

Maybe Florina doesn't, but Elincia has recognition

I'd kind of like to see Palla, Catria, and Est as a boss battle or something.

I like that idea. I like it a lot.

To be fair, if there were characters beyond FE1 and FE13, would there even be variety? It would be only the Lords and that's it. No units beyond that.

I don't agree that there wouldn't be be variety.

Here is my list of characters and the tier 1 classes from the different games.

FE 1/3/11/12: Jorge (Archer), Minerva (I know her tier 1 class is techinically Pegasus Knight, but she could rep Wyvern Rider) and Linde or Merric (Anima Mage)

FE 2: Valbo (Armored Knight)

FE 6: Gonzales (Brigand) and Sue or Shin (Nomads)

FE 7: Jaffar (Thief) and Lucius (Light Mage/Monk)

FE 8: L'arachel (Troubadour), I'll admit I am not too sure how this game works, but maybe you will need a healer?

and Knoll (Dark Mage)

FE 9: Zihark (Myrmidon), Elincia (Pegasus Knight) and Titania (Cavalier)

FE 10: Skrimir (Beast Laguz) and Nolan (Fighter)

FE 13: Chrom (Rapier Lord), Gregor (Mercenary)

FE 14: Aqua (Dancer).... I don't really know much about Fates

I havent played FE 4 or 5. Now I am not saying all of these characters should or will be in the game, but I am saying there is a bit of variety.

I don't agree that there wouldn't be be variety.

Here is my list of characters and the tier 1 classes from the different games.

FE 1/3/11/12: Jorge (Archer), Minerva (I know her tier 1 class is techinically Pegasus Knight, but she could rep Wyvern Rider) and Linde or Merric (Anima Mage)

FE 2: Valbo (Armored Knight)

FE 6: Gonzales (Brigand) and Sue or Shin (Nomads)

FE 7: Jaffar (Thief) and Lucius (Light Mage/Monk)

FE 8: L'arachel (Troubadour), I'll admit I am not too sure how this game works, but maybe you will need a healer?

and Knoll (Dark Mage)

FE 9: Zihark (Myrmidon), Elincia (Pegasus Knight) and Titania (Cavalier)

FE 10: Skrimir (Beast Laguz) and Nolan (Fighter)

FE 13: Chrom (Rapier Lord), Gregor (Mercenary)

FE 14: Aqua (Dancer).... I don't really know much about Fates

I havent played FE 4 or 5. Now I am not saying all of these characters should or will be in the game, but I am saying there is a bit of variety.

Im not saying there isn't potential for variety, im just saying that if they did choose to include characters from all games in the series, they would most likely just include the Lords.