I'm actually glad this game is Akaneia and Awakening only.

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it being Archanea only, and i'm most certainly against it. It doesn't bother me that much, though. There's plenty of cool Archanea characters.

I'll be more irritated if they don't include, say, Palla or Merric and add Tomas and Wrys instead.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it being Archanea only, and i'm most certainly against it. It doesn't bother me that much, though. There's plenty of cool Archanea characters.

I'll be more irritated if they don't include, say, Palla or Merric and add Tomas and Wrys instead.

I believe they're doing one per class, so that's not exactly how it would work.

Like, we could get pretty much all of those

Although I doubt we'd be getting Palla since Caeda is already in, and Merric... I'm not sure if Tharja is supposed to represent mages in general since Archanea has no dark mages, but let's just say she represents dark mages. Even though I sort of prefer Linde, I'd like to see Merric in too.

although to be honest I'd be way more up to see whatever the fuck they do to Wrys to put him in this than pretty much anyone else in Shadow Dragon or Awakening

I hope they do that

they probably won't but I can hope

Although I doubt we'd be getting Palla since Caeda is already in, and Merric... I'm not sure if Tharja is supposed to represent mages in general since Archanea has no dark mages, but let's just say she represents dark mages. Even though I sort of prefer Linde, I'd like to see Merric in too.

although to be honest I'd be way more up to see whatever the fuck they do to Wrys to put him in this than pretty much anyone else in Shadow Dragon or Awakening

I hope they do that

I'd kind of like to see Palla, Catria, and Est as a boss battle or something.

You know, that's another reason I'm passing on this game (other than the superior stupidity it looks like, imo). If Nintendo is going to release stuff in the west, they should take the western fanbase into consideration just as much as the Japanese one. It doesn't make any sense to release a game in one region and not take its fanbase into account at all. And some people wonder why there's "less than positive" reception at times here as MCProductions pointed out?

Also, Atlus clearly doesn't know who the most popular FE characters are if they're only using Awakening and Archanea characters. Ike topped the most recent Japanese poll, while Marth is second, Lucina third, and Lyn, Ephraim, and some other characters not present in this game are in the top 10 as well.

Because your precious Tellius is being skipped, you suddenly hate this game?

This game's gameplay looks phenominal from a fan of Persona. The character designs look really well done, and I've enjoyed every Mirage and the references they have like Cain having Bull horns?

But no, people see breasts and start complaining. From the first trailer alone, you can just tell that the idol setting is setting up a wonderful facade for the story to work it's magic. Things will really heat up no doubt, and I can't wait to have Itsuki, Eleanora, Minami, and Toma as my team.

also that poll is invalidated because Lyn, Ike, and Ephraim are even on it. All three are pretty garbo. Lyn is annoying and pointless, Ephraim hogs Eirika's spotlight, and Ike has so many problems that I can't even start.

And fun fact: if Toma had Frederick, I guarantee that you'd be flocking to this game in double time.

Hmm... If you look from the perspective of Persona, any summoning avatar must be the epitome of some category - That is why they used gods and devils for Megami Tensei. Now, Caeda, Cain and Tharja is certainly the forerunners of their own archertype, but what about Chrom, Draug and Virion?

Also, don't take it too seriously. It's fanservice, like Persona Q and all.

I hope they do that

Don't we have Cain and Abel, though?

Hmm... If you look from the perspective of Persona, any summoning avatar must be the epitome of some category - That is why they used gods and devils for Megami Tensei. Now, Caeda, Cain and Tharja is certainly the forerunners of their own archertype, but what about Chrom, Draug and Virion?

Also, don't take it too seriously. It's fanservice, like Persona Q and all.

Funny you brought that up about Persona. This game only uses Marth and Chrom's stuff like how P4's cast only had Japanese mythos for the main. You could say that Chrom is like this game's Kintoki Douji or something.

Also, Draug is pretty obviously the forerunner knight. Oswin is not my favorite knight, and only FE7's newcomers would argue. Virion is also up ther with Jeorge and Gordin. Would you actually argue for Shinon or Rebecca? Lol.

Also for Chrom, only Lucina and Marth mean more because Ike is trash. I would like to see Itsuki with Sigurd though.

Because your precious Tellius is being skipped, you suddenly hate this game?

This game's gameplay looks phenominal from a fan of Persona. The character designs look really well done, and I've enjoyed every Mirage and the references they have like Cain having Bull horns?

But no, people see breasts and start complaining. From the first trailer alone, you can just tell that the idol setting is setting up a wonderful facade for the story to work it's magic. Things will really heat up no doubt, and I can't wait to have Itsuki, Eleanora, Minami, and Toma as my team.

Uh, what? Firstly, I've hated the game from the moment I first saw the trailer, which was before we had confirmation that there would only be Archanea and Awakening characters. A lack of Tellius isn't the only reason. I don't like the art style, or most of the character designs (the mirages aside, since they actually look pretty neat for the most part). They're too sexualized and ridiculous-looking for my tastes (zipper panties and huge breasts that are barely covered? No thank you), and the gameplay doesn't look that interesting to me. Your opinions are not fact, not everyone is going to like this game.

also that poll is invalidated because Lyn, Ike, and Ephraim are even on it. All three are pretty garbo. Lyn is annoying and pointless, Ephraim hogs Eirika's spotlight, and Ike has so many problems that I can't even start.

lolwut. Are you really saying that the popularity poll doesn't mean anything just because you hate those characters? Wow, I really have no words. You just sound butthurt. Again, your opinions are not fact.

And fun fact: if Toma had Frederick, I guarantee that you'd be flocking to this game in double time.

That's cute, thinking you know me so perfectly. Guess what? I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole even if Ike, Kieran, Sain, Ryoma, AND Frederick were in it. I guarantee you.

Also for Chrom, only Lucina and Marth mean more because Ike is trash.

Yeah, someone's definitely butthurt about Ike topping the popularity poll.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly, right now I"m gonna pass on the game. I'm kind of tired of Marth's games and such revolving around them. I'd like some Jugdral, maybe an Ephriam, even a shout out to them possibly, but I don't think we'd be getting it. I'll just stick to watching others play it.

Virion is also up ther with Jeorge and Gordin. Would you actually argue for Shinon or Rebecca? Lol.

I know very few people who didn't start with Awakening that like Virion, let alone consider him a favorite. I'm not sure how popular he is in Japan, but from what I know if you ask the average FE fan their favorite Archer, not that many people would say Virion.

Edited by kantoorfarina

If this was like Persona, the character-specific mirages, including the mc's starter, would all be from one story, but the mc would be able to obtain and fuse mirages from outside that story (i.e. The other continents). Dunno if that will reflect here.

Funny you brought that up about Persona. This game only uses Marth and Chrom's stuff like how P4's cast only had Japanese mythos for the main. You could say that Chrom is like this game's Kintoki Douji or something.

Also, Draug is pretty obviously the forerunner knight. Oswin is not my favorite knight, and only FE7's newcomers would argue. Virion is also up ther with Jeorge and Gordin. Would you actually argue for Shinon or Rebecca? Lol.

Also for Chrom, only Lucina and Marth mean more because Ike is trash. I would like to see Itsuki with Sigurd though.

Virion is arguably the worst archer in the entire franchise, every single other one deserves to be in over him.

Also you should probably stop stating your overblown opinions, because it makes you look like even more of a fool then you are. Which is quite impressive.

Ouch, really? Hard to defend Virion, but I mean he's an archer in a game that features pair up and abundant reclassing (to avoid being bow-locked). And he's handy in Lunatic.

Edited by Radiant head

Virion's archer base class means little in lunatic+ when his base stats are abysmal. He's only marginally better than a host of other scrubs you could train instead, because nearly all first gen unpromoted units are bad until they are trained heavily, then become good and snowball. The reason Robin stands out is because he/she is the easiest unit to train due to veteran and perfect availability, along with amazing training chapters.

Saying he's the best archer in the series is ridiculous when he's basically sitting in a lump of other mid tiery units in his own game. Someone like Ryan is definitely better.

Uh... I see people missed what I meant. Nowhere did I ever say statswise, or else I would have specified and not lumped in Gordin and Jeorge of all characters.

Obviously Shinon wrecks all Archers statswise, but that's not what I mean. Boring losers like Wil, Ronan, Rebecca, Wolt, and Rolf do no favors character wise. Meanwhile, Virion has his charming personality and wonderful accent. He's more of a Jeorge like Levin was than a Gordin.

In terms of worthiness for this game, Virion, Gordin, and Jeorge are the only ones who compare. If Eleanora's Mirage was some Elibe garbage like Rebecca (because fe7 is the worst), then who exactly would be happy?

Again, you act like only your opinions matter. There are people that like those characters and people that hate Virion. Admittedly, I really like Virion too, but I also like Wil and Rolf. And Shinon is my favorite archer in the series. Not Virion. You are not the only person on this planet.

I do agree that FE7 is the worst FE though (that I've played, not counting Shadow Dragon since I barely touched it).

Edited by Anacybele

Saying he's the best archer in the series is ridiculous when he's basically sitting in a lump of other mid tiery units in his own game. Someone like Ryan is definitely better.

Yeah good job showing all those people who said he was the "best archer in the series."

Uh... I see people missed what I meant. Nowhere did I ever say statswise, or else I would have specified and not lumped in Gordin and Jeorge of all characters.

Obviously Shinon wrecks all Archers statswise, but that's not what I mean. Boring losers like Wil, Ronan, Rebecca, Wolt, and Rolf do no favors character wise. Meanwhile, Virion has his charming personality and wonderful accent. He's more of a Jeorge like Levin was than a Gordin.

In terms of worthiness for this game, Virion, Gordin, and Jeorge are the only ones who compare. If Eleanora's Mirage was some Elibe garbage like Rebecca (because fe7 is the worst), then who exactly would be happy?

Your opinions are not facts. I respect what you think, but don't treat your opinions as the end-all word of god and anyone who disagrees is incorrect. You're allowed to like Virion, but he's certainly not the most well-liked archer. If I were to ask everyone on this site their favorite archer, far more people would say Rebecca than they would Virion. Those people would be happy because they have a different opinion from you, and they're very much allowed to.

Edited by kantoorfarina

At this point you're practically baiting. Especially with the unnecessary "because fe7 is the worst" Believe it or not... people actually do like Elibe!!!!! Shocking, huh??? And even more unbelievable, there are actually plenty of people who love FE7 (including myself) and would be happy to see a character from there! I mean, I can say myself that I like Wil far more than Virion. Even if I'm in a minority, don't act like your opinions are facts.