Favorite Fire Emblem Kingdom/Nation

SSbardock84

What is your guys favorite Fire Emblem kingdom, nation, province, or anything like that.

For me its:

Shadow Dragon: Macedon

Mystery of the Emblem: Macedon

Binding Blade: Pherae

Blazing Sword: Pherae

Sacred Stones: Jehanna and Renais

Path of Radiance: Gallia

Radiant Dawn: Daein and Begnion (Certain parts of it)

Awakening: Plegia

Fates: Nohr (Even though I haven't played the game yet)

Shadow Dragon: Akaneia

Gaiden: Haven't played

Mystery: Grust/Gra

Genealogy: Sillesia/Leonster

Thracia: Leonster

FE1-12: Haven't played (I have a lot to play :P)

Awakening: Valm

Fates: Can't read Japanese

If I were to say overall, it would probably be Silessia. They're seriously like the Switzerland of Jugdral almost. While everyoe else was constantly struggling against the Empire, Sillesia maintained their peace relatively well, especially with the family stuff that went on there. Also, the only reason there is a chapter in Sillesia is internal conflict.

Edited by Lantairu

Akaneia: I've yet to finish Book 1 lalalalalalala.

Jugdral: Verdane. Merchants and brigands, Jamka, and they have no Holy Crusaders, so it's impressive how they've managed to rise. Fuck Cuan (jk Cuan, you're still a hottie).

Elibe: Etruria. They're a posh and somewhat unlikable in politics. I like also a bunch of characters from Etruria so there's that.

Magvel: Jehanna cuz desert. It actually feels like a desert nation unlike many desert nations in the series. Rausten is close second because I love L'Arachel.

Tellius: Crimea. House of my favorite division of Knights and characters. Pretty lush green gardens and home to simple people. Plus Elincia's the queen! I love Elincia.

Awakening: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Valm, because it has my favorite maps and probably my favorite arc. Now you can throw at me whatever you have nearby.

Archenea: Dolhr, because I'm a huge Manakete fan

Valentia: I'd guess Rigel, because bad guys are always cool

Jugdral: if I HAD to pick one, I'd say Issach, because Ayra

Elibe: Sacae, because Lyn. and Roy, but that's because of my ships

Magvel: Caer Palyn, because Dragons

Tellius: Goldoa, because Dragons

Awakening: Cronsin because Tiki

Can you tell I like Dragons

Archanea: Archanea probably, Hardin and Nyna are at least interesting

Jugdral: Silesse for having the broest Bard of all time.

Elibe: Etruria. No contest.

Magvel: they're all so underdeveloped

Tellius: Kilvas and Phoenicisi for having the beautiful birdie Laguz

Ylisse: Plegia? They were really bad too

Only Jugdral, Elibe, and Tellius succeed in any world building. Ylisse is especially bad since they never actually explain the Schism or why everything is a desert.

Archanea: Macedon (because Dracoknights~) and Grust (land of the Sable Order of Knights)

Elibe: Bern, Etruria

Magvel: neutral. Maybe Jehanna.

Tellius: Begnion, Goldoa.

Fates: Nohr for the characters so far(even though I haven't played the game yet)

Haven't played Jugdral, Ylisse or Valentia.

Crimea and Begnion, because of their cavalry and lovely architecture! I like cavalier knights, Pegasus knights, and wyvern riders, and these two have 'em. ^^ Crimea also has the awesome Elincia.

Begnion. Really well written, nuanced neo-colonial state for a video game.

Wait, how is Begnion colonial? It always seemed like the Byzantine Empire playing the role of the Soviet Union in Tellius's WWII. It also has hints of the USA, because a great ruler recently abolished slavery only to be assassinated, and because of that racism is still a huge problem. Regardless, it is my all time favorite nation because I love Sanaki and they were the only ones with the balls to do what needed to be done with Daein. Unfortunately, Radiant Dawn's bad writing made them out to be the bad guys, but occupying Daein was something that legitimately needed to be done. Honorable mention goes to Bern for being Prussia, legitimately the best thing ever, with Wyverns! Can't beat Prussia with Wyverns.

Wait, how is Begnion colonial? It always seemed like the Byzantine Empire playing the role of the Soviet Union in Tellius's WWII. It also has hints of the USA, because a great ruler recently abolished slavery only to be assassinated, and because of that racism is still a huge problem. Regardless, it is my all time favorite nation because I love Sanaki and they were the only ones with the balls to do what needed to be done with Daein. Unfortunately, Radiant Dawn's bad writing made them out to be the bad guys, but occupying Daein was something that legitimately needed to be done. Honorable mention goes to Bern for being Prussia, legitimately the best thing ever, with Wyverns! Can't beat Prussia with Wyverns.

"Neo-colonial" refers to post-WW2 imperialism, where the US and USSR (both of which Begnion was based on, especially with PoR's heavy handed WW2 parallels) were too sophisticated to literally run colonies, but that didn't stop them from using other tactics to maintain influence.

Even in Radiant Dawn, while the Senators were awful as villains, I liked the idea that the country wasn't just simply good or evil; you had different factions vying for power with different intentions, much like real life countries.