Best and worst of the personal skills?

Karnanii

Odin's Blood-Tingling and Ophelia's Blossoming Mind have an easy +10 crit

Others that stand out are Elise's Beautiful Flower, Corrin's Mysterious Appeal, Rinka's Flame Blood, and Nishiki's Gratitude.

Skills like Silas' Friendship Oath and Kaze's Miraculous Save seem they would be useful when the situations occur but something you would avoid.

Luna's Competitive is just WAY too situational to even matter (why do I need to meet three conditions to activateit IS?)

Well, if you get everyone, you have 11 females (Kanna+10 others) and 10 males in the 2nd gen if you have male Kamui.

If you marry 1st gen and miss a child, you either have 10 females (Kanna+9) and 10 males or 11 females and 9 males; this depends on who misses out on their kid. Oh, and if you go for the Kamui x Zero gay marriage, then you miss both Kanna and Eponine, so you'd have 9 females and 10 males.

So, if you left one of the parents who would have given birth to a son unmarried by having the male Avatar/Kamui marry the woman whom that parent would have otherwise married, you will be able to create 9 male/female 2nd gen marriages and then have 2 females left over, unable to be married.

So then you could let Soleil remain unmarried and make sure that the other unmarried girl is someone who A-supports with her and who is okay with being the support unit.

The other girl wouldn't benefit as much as Soleil does, but if you have them in Guard Stance for example then that really won't matter that much.

You'd still be missing a character, but you'd have all your second gens in pairs with either S-rank or A-rank + Girl Lover Soleil.

If you're going to make M Kamui x Zero, do you have enough fameles/males to get every other child tho? You should right? : o

If you're going to make M Kamui x Zero, do you have enough fameles/males to get every other child tho? You should right? : o

Females are exactly enough if Mamui doesn't marry a 1st gen.

Mamui X Zero -> one less male. So females are one more than enough: when she is not Azura we get all the other children.

Edited by Tooru

Females are exactly enough if Mamui doesn't marry a 1st gen.

Mamui X Zero -> one less male. So females are one more than enough: when she is not Azura we get all the other children.

Ok thanks! I wasn't sure if this guy up there was counting famele kids as well, but this would have no sense lol.

Having thought about it... I'd say that Hinoka, Rinkah, Nishiki, Yuugiri, Setsuna, Anna, Leon, and Azura have good personals, whereas person skillls that aren't so useful are Silas' (it isn't terrible per se, but needing the main character to be below half health is questionable, to say the least), Charlotte's (again, not really terrible, but most female enemies tend to be in classes that are frail defensively, I think). Subaki's (the boost is useful while it's active, but you're going to get hit eventually), and Saizou's (I'd have trouble getting any real mileage out of it when he's frail to begin with, and I wouldn't exactly consider throwing him into a horde of enemies at half HP just to get it to work a good idea).

Having thought about it... I'd say that Hinoka, Rinkah, Nishiki, Yuugiri, Setsuna, Anna, Leon, and Azura have good personals, whereas person skillls that aren't so useful are Silas' (it isn't terrible per se, but needing the main character to be below half health is questionable, to say the least), Charlotte's (again, not really terrible, but most female enemies tend to be in classes that are frail defensively, I think). Subaki's (the boost is useful while it's active, but you're going to get hit eventually), and Saizou's (I'd have trouble getting any real mileage out of it when he's frail to begin with, and I wouldn't exactly consider throwing him into a horde of enemies at half HP just to get it to work a good idea).

Out of all the personal skills in the game, Saizou definitely has the worst. Though the skill damages his surrounding foes at 1/2 HP, it doesn't make sense, tactically, that he should get hurt as well. You'd be sending him to his imminent death if you wanted to activate his skill. =/

Edited by Leif

Effie, Matoi, Jakob, Sakura, Hinoka, Cam, Elise, and Ryoma have the best ones. Deere has the worst in no grind because it literally does nothing. Same for Tharja.

Oboro's is pretty amazing in late game Hoshido. It's just a straight up free damage boost. Takumi's is literally Ryoma's in reverse. It's kinda tricky to keep it active but not too bad. At worst, you could just instant promote someone and stick them to him for his 9 unpromoted levels. Saizou's is lol. You could use him as a straight up player phase nuke and never heal him since his personal doesn't kill him. Kisaragi and Shinonome have some cool ones.

Hana's (since she's rather fragile, chances are she won't ever be in a position where she has an enemy next to her after she kills one).

The most immediate practical use of her Personal is a guard stance enemy. If she kills a guard stance enemy, the enemy in back falls in front of her and it counts. Kinda cool sometimes.

Effie, Matoi, Jakob, Sakura, Hinoka, Cam, Elise, and Ryoma have the best ones. Deere has the worst in no grind because it literally does nothing. Same for Tharja.

Oboro's is pretty amazing in late game Hoshido. It's just a straight up free damage boost. Takumi's is literally Ryoma's in reverse. It's kinda tricky to keep it active but not too bad. At worst, you could just instant promote someone and stick them to him for his 9 unpromoted levels. Saizou's is lol. You could use him as a straight up player phase nuke and never heal him since his personal doesn't kill him. Kisaragi and Shinonome have some cool ones.

The most immediate practical use of her Personal is a guard stance enemy. If she kills a guard stance enemy, the enemy in back falls in front of her and it counts. Kinda cool sometimes.

I read somewhere that Syalla's works against a unit she already fought. Not sure if that's what it actually is.

The issue with Saizou's is that you'd essentially have to constantly make sure that anything that can attack him is dead before enemy phase, and I'd find that inconvenient, to say nothing of the fact that the idea itself is about as smart as robbing a police station.

I already saw that posted by someone else. It sounds like a great use on paper... Key words being "on paper". Because if enemies don't use Guard Stance enough for that to manifest, it's not going to be useful in actual practice.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

At least the skill only activates when Saizou is attacking. This damage to him can at least be remedied by healing him immediately, the passive won't kill him and deals a lot of damage in return. Of course, its still not such a good idea to use so wildly, but it gives him an optional offensive choice on top of his above average ninja bulk.

The risks are still quite apparent as a miscalculated attack could leave him very vulnerable, but at least he's bulkier than the other ninjas so he won't reach that state that carelessly.

If you could change the bad personal skills to be good or at least usable, what would you do? Here's a few ideas.

Crimson - Victory Conviction: Critical hit +15 when your health percentage is lower than the enemy's.

Kazahana - Blade Storm: When user triggers the battle and defeats an enemy, enemies within 2 tiles of the user have their HP reduced by 10%.

Saizo - Explosive Flame: +4 damage when the user triggers the battle but the user loses 10% of his health.

Deere - Butlers feat: When user is the support unit in Guard Stance, shield gauge gain +1 (Doesn't stack with Guard Stance+).

Joker - Absolute Protection: If a royal character is the lead unit, that character's Avoid +15, damage received -3

Felicia - Absolute Support: If a royal character is the lead unit, that character's damage +2, damage received -2

Gunter - Absolute Offense: If a royal character is the lead unit, that character's Hit rate +15, damage +3

Charlotte - Woman's Nature: -3 damage taken when the enemy is a male. +6 damage when the enemy is a female.

Luna - Competitive: When user is the support unit, the user's dual strikes have +20 critical hit

Maybe this changes at higher difficulties or in IK but from my experience on the Hoshido route, very few enemies use guard stance.

If you could change the bad personal skills to be good or at least usable, what would you do? Here's a few ideas.

Crimson - Victory Conviction: Critical hit +15 when your health percentage is lower than the enemy's.

Kazahana - Blade Storm: When user triggers the battle and defeats an enemy, enemies within 2 tiles of the user have their HP reduced by 10%.

Saizo - Explosive Flame: +4 damage when the user triggers the battle but the user loses 10% of his health.

Deere - Butlers feat: When user is the support unit in Guard Stance, shield gauge gain +1 (Doesn't stack with Guard Stance+).

Joker - Absolute Protection: If a royal character is the lead unit, that character's Avoid +15, damage received -3

Felicia - Absolute Support: If a royal character is the lead unit, that character's damage +2, damage received -2

Gunter - Absolute Offense: If a royal character is the lead unit, that character's Hit rate +15, damage +3

Charlotte - Woman's Nature: -3 damage taken when the enemy is a male. +6 damage when the enemy is a female.

Luna - Competitive: When user is the support unit, the user's dual strikes have +20 critical hit

Maybe this changes at higher difficulties or in IK but from my experience on the Hoshido route, very few enemies use guard stance.

Charlotte's skill would be more useful in the main campaign, but she wouldn't have her unique perk of absolutely annihilating any female unit in PvP during the player phase.

VS Female Unit

Woman's Nature + 20 Crit

Berserker Bonus + 20 Crit

Ogre Strike + 20 Crit Player Phase

Round House + 10 Crit

Great club + 55 Crit

= 125% critical hit against a female unit

She really hates other women lol.

Charlotte's skill would be more useful in the main campaign, but she wouldn't have her unique perk of absolutely annihilating any female unit in PvP during the player phase.

VS Female Unit

Woman's Nature + 20 Crit

Berserker Bonus + 20 Crit

Ogre Strike + 20 Crit Player Phase

Round House + 10 Crit

Great club + 55 Crit

= 125% critical hit against a female unit

She really hates other women lol.

She also has a natural 14% because of her 32 skill cap. And if you gave her Awakening, then at half HP she would have:

14% base

20% class bonus

20% Ogre Strike

10% Roundhouse

20% Woman's Nature

30% Awakening

55% Great Club

= 169% Critical against women on Player Phase

Then you put her next to Arthur and his natural -15 Crit evade to nearby units

= effective 184% Critical

Charlotte hates women almost as much as she hates clothing

(This is all overkill though because with 137% she is basically guaranteed a critical hit unless there are several critcal evade boosts)

Edited by gayserbeam

She also has a natural 14% because of her 32 skill cap. And if you gave her Awakening, then at half HP she would have:

14% base

20% class bonus

20% Ogre Strike

10% Roundhouse

20% Woman's Nature

30% Awakening

55% Great Club

= 169% Critical against women on Player Phase

Then you put her next to Arthur and his natural -15 Crit evade to nearby units

= effective 184% Critical

Charlotte hates women almost as much as she hates clothing

(This is all overkill though because with 137% she is basically guaranteed a critical hit unless there are several critcal evade boosts)

Argh, forgot about that. Remind me of the calculation of natural critical rate again? If you don't mind of course.

Would Attack & Guard Stance skill make Luna's Competitive usable? Then you could pair her (possibly S Rank) Harold or something for a reliable crit user.

May not be worth the loss of passively blocking Dual Strikes, and I dont even know if that skill is going to become availible (I think it will eventually).

Would Attack & Guard Stance skill make Luna's Competitive usable? Then you could pair her (possibly S Rank) Harold or something for a reliable crit user.

May not be worth the loss of passively blocking Dual Strikes, and I dont even know if that skill is going to become availible (I think it will eventually).

I doubt it, to say the least.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

The problem is that if you stick her to someone who can consistently crit, like a Berserker or a unit with a killer weapon, they'll probably be able to kill the opponent anyways. A Berserker with 40 STR doing quadruple damage doesn't need that help.

Like, 35 STR using Belka's Killer Axe has 48 unforged might before weapon triangle, pair-up and rank bonuses, so anything with less than 32 DEF will be killed instantly by a crit anyways.

A maxed Berserker Arthur using the same axe will have 54 Attack Power, instantly critical killing anything with less than 37 DEF and taking most generals to around 10-18 HP.

Luna's skill is overkill: if you are in a class that crits reliably you won't need Luna to kill.

The problem is that if you stick her to someone who can consistently crit, like a Berserker or a unit with a killer weapon, they'll probably be able to kill the opponent anyways. A Berserker with 40 STR doing quadruple damage doesn't need that help.

Like, 35 STR using Belka's Killer Axe has 48 unforged might before weapon triangle, pair-up and rank bonuses, so anything with less than 32 DEF will be killed instantly by a crit anyways.

A maxed Berserker Arthur using the same axe will have 54 Attack Power, instantly critical killing anything with less than 37 DEF and taking most generals to around 10-18 HP.

Luna's skill is overkill: if you are in a class that crits reliably you won't need Luna to kill.

Which is why I think Attack and Guard Stance will HURT Competitive's case, rather than help it.

Argh, forgot about that. Remind me of the calculation of natural critical rate again? If you don't mind of course.

Its [(Skill - 4)/2]% in this game, which can also be re-expresseed as [skill/2]%-2%.

So, for example, 32 Skill would give [(32-4)/2]%= [28/2]% = 14%. Re-expressed [32/2]%-2% = 16%-2%=14%.

Welp, that makes sense at the end of the day, though the one guy has a point that it could help Ninjas at least.

Its not a good skill, but I wouldn't say its useless, just very very niche.

(I just hate the term useless that's all)

On another note, you stated that Charlotte doesnt need Awakening because her crit rate with other skills would already be well over 100%, so would it be best for Ophelia instead? Or perhaps Midoriko with the whole Miracle abuse thing? I'm just trying to figure out who I should use my one Great Lord Seal on, since we know that you can get Aether Scrolls from the Vanguard Map.

Welp, that makes sense at the end of the day, though the one guy has a point that it could help Ninjas at least.

Its not a good skill, but I wouldn't say its useless, just very very niche.

(I just hate the term useless that's all)

On another note, you stated that Charlotte doesnt need Awakening because her crit rate with other skills would already be well over 100%, so would it be best for Ophelia instead? Or perhaps Midoriko with the whole Miracle abuse thing? I'm just trying to figure out who I should use my one Great Lord Seal on, since we know that you can get Aether Scrolls from the Vanguard Map.

Ophelia naturally gets Vantage and she'll likely have 1-2 range, so an Ophelia crit build will get better use out of it.

If you are using Sorcerer, she'll also need the boost more than Charlotte as no spell has the massive crit of Berka's Killer Axe or the Great Club. I'm going to assume we're buying skills, but if we aren't, then Ophelia has a much harder time getting Ogre Strike and Roundhouse than Charlotte, too. With Awakening, Vengeance, Vantage, and Mjolnir, she can be an enemy-phase critical attacker.

Miracleriko was possibly made for the skill, too, and her classes offer much more skill than Ophelia's. Hopefully there will be a DLC that gives infinite Exalted Emblems so Crimson, Midoriko and Ophelia can all get in on the action.

Edited by gayserbeam

Ophelia naturally gets Vantage and she'll likely have 1-2 range, so an Ophelia crit build will get better use out of it.

If you are using Sorcerer, she'll also need the boost more than Charlotte as no spell has the massive crit of Berka's Killer Axe or the Great Club. I'm going to assume we're buying skills, but if we aren't, then Ophelia has a much harder time getting Ogre Strike and Roundhouse than Charlotte, too. With Awakening, Vengeance, Vantage, and Mjolnir, she can be an enemy-phase critical attacker.

Miracleriko was possibly made for the skill, too, and her classes offer much more skill than Ophelia's. Hopefully there will be a DLC that gives infinite Exalted Emblems so Crimson, Midoriko and Ophelia can all get in on the action.

Thanks man, I may use it on Midoriko then, as Miracle, Vantage and Awakening sounds very Powerful, though for Birthright I may try it on Crimson should I marry her.

Yeah in this case i'm buying skills.

The idea for Ophelia was to go Witch (not sure if Witch grants the same crit bonus to Tomes, since its S Rank still), and yeah shame I cant get multiple emblems to at least experiment.

Thanks man, I may use it on Midoriko then, as Miracle, Vantage and Awakening sounds very Powerful, though for Birthright I may try it on Crimson should I marry her.

Yeah in this case i'm buying skills.

The idea for Ophelia was to go Witch (not sure if Witch grants the same crit bonus to Tomes, since its S Rank still), and yeah shame I cant get multiple emblems to at least experiment.

I believe it does give crit bonus.