CGV's turn for a RD hard mode run!

CGV

You read the title, or you should have. I'm gonna try a RD hard run. Here is my PoR transfer stuff I did specifically for this run:

(Note: I'm only listing the stuff that will be transferred)

Ike: HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res/S in swords/"A" support with Reyson

Ilyana: Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Def, Res/A in thunder magic/"A" support with Zihark

Marcia: Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res/S in swords and A in lances/"A" support with Kieran

Kieran: Str, Skl, Spd, Def/S in axes/"A" support with Marcia

Brom: HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def/C in swords/"A" support with Nephenee

Nephenee: Str, Skl, Spd, Def/S in lances/"A" support with Brom

Zihark: Str, Skl, Spd, Def/S in swords/ "A" support with Ilyana

Jill: Str, Skl, Spd, Def/A in axes

Astrid: Str, Skl, Spd, Def/A in bows/"A" support with Sothe

Sothe: HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res, 8 magic and 25 luck/"A" support with Astrid

Reyson: "A" support with Ike

I am also transferring 4 coins

I used only units in the dawn brigade and in part 2, plus Ike and Reyson because the greil mercenaries will be fine (duh)

So while the credits are rolling for my PoR run, I will be thinking about how the hell I'm gonna do this

Wish me luck and if you have any tips for doing hard mode, tell me because I'll probably need them...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But aren't you transferring 5 coins?

Nope, I missed one because Sothe didn't have quite enough speed to steal one from the raven on the chapter where you get Jill

Good luck with it... I won't be of much use yet because I've not brought my Wii to university with me. I did no preparation in PoR for my HM run, so hopefully you'll get an easier run than me.

I just beat 1-2 and so far so good. I had Sothe go on a stealing rampage so he got some experience without killing too many enemies. I have about 10 or more vulneraries that haven't been used yet

Everyone says that.

I don't know why.

Even in hard mode I had little to no problems with it.

True, I just fucked up once (Fox remembers...)

Anywho, I'm on 1-6 and the characters are as follows:

Micaiah: Lv 10

HP 19

Str 4

Mag 15

Skl 10

Spd 12 (not bad...)

Lck 15

Def 3 (WTF!)

Res 9

She's gotten speed blessed, but def screwed

Sothe:... psh, he's fine. Capped strength and got a few more spd, skl, and lck

Edward: Lv 10

HP 25

Str 8 (WTF!!!)

Mag 0

Skl 15

Spd 17

Lck 8

Def 6 (WTF!)

Res 2

Yeah... he had to pick my hard mode run for str and def to suck

Leonardo: Lv 10

HP 22

Str 13

Mag 1

Skl 16

Spd 12

Lck 12

Def 7

Res 8

Not doing too bad. Could use more HP and just a few more speed, but nothing to worry about

Nolan: Lv 11

HP 29

Str 14

Mag 0

Skl 13

Spd 12

Lck 7

Def 10

Res 4

Not doing too bad in strength (surprisingly) or any other stats for that matter. He's doing well this run

Laura: Lv 4 (with 96 exp, so she's almost at level 5)

HP 18

Str 3

Mag 9

Skl 6

Spd 7

Lck 10

Def 2

Res 11

Compared to her awesome growths, she isn't doing as well as I'd hoped...

Ilyana: Lv 14

HP 23

Str 9

Mag 15

Skl 15

Spd 16

Lck 7

Def 6

Res 12

Those extra transfer boosts came in handy. She has been missing a lot though (Like the 94! she missed when it was needed! How I survived is beyond me. She's missed a few 80's as well, but she's still doing well)

Aran: Lv 9

HP 25

Str 12

Mag 0

Skl 14

Spd 11

Lck 6

Def 13

Res 3

Not too bad. Only two levels have passed, but he got decent level ups

I just got Jill, Zihark and Tauroneo and with Jill and Zihark's bonuses, that'll help me some on this two part chapter

Oh yeah, Meg is only used to shove, otherwise she just hangs out at the base

Just finished 1-7

Problems: EDWARD STILL HAS 8 STR AND 6 DEF AT LEVEL 14!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

Aran's speed is causing me problems, but I can deal with that since he has str, skl, and def

My first two coins were vines.... lame....

I accidentally missed the Master Seal on 1-6, whoops

Leonardo is actually on of my most reliable units right now (I know, it's weird, huh)

Sothe is still stealing everything in sight and Micaiah is sacraficing her ass off. She's taken at least 200 damage by now, but is still alive! Her speed is doing well and her HP and defense are going up! yay!

Your not thinking of bringing Leo in end-game are you? <.<

Him more than Eddie

Maybe not though, I'll probably choose Shinon when the time comes

Shinon = not bishie

Leonardo = SUPER BISHIE

So take him because your Leo has speed!

Maybe, I might use Rolf because of his uber strength growth

Oh btw, Ed's last level... he only got magic.... w...t...f...

Shinon is easily the worst archer to end-game. Easily. His strength is miserable for me, every time. Even with bonus experience level abuse. You have a good Leo, so I say beat around the bush in Part 1 as much as you can just to save experience in later chapters for people you plan on end-gaming that are in those groups. Seeing as your Nolan is turning out pretty good, I'd say give him a shot too. Seriously, that +4 defense on his uberpwnage axe he gets makes him incredibly valuable during Part 4 assuming you've got his levels up to part with other people.

Dump Edward once you don't need him anymore. I know that as fans of the game, we all have our loyalties to those that were great for us before, but this is Hard Mode, man. If someone is sucking, they are sucking. That's a fact. Considering how large the cast in Radiant Dawn is, you're not doing yourself any favors by giving more experience to someone still needing a couple godly level gains in a row to be good when you've got new units lined up in a few chapters that have just as much potential.

I will teach you the ways of the hardcore gamer. You will be my greatest student.

Shinon's the best overall archer, he easily maxes HP (as second tier), SKL and SPD, has decent DEF and isn't underleveled like Rolf. Rolf has to leech EXP to catch up to the other mercenaries while Shinon's already level 13 and capable of helping your other units level up by weakening enemies. His STR really shouldn't be a problem, if his STR isn't maxed by around Endgame-3, you're just having bad luck with it. Leonardo sucks for endgame and Astrid is just AWFUL for HM.

I have never brought Rolf or Leonardo, but Shinon... He's a god! He's great when fighting asera, since she cannot counter attack, and Shinon hits twice.

Edited by xanatha

I have never brought Rolf or Leonardo, but Shinon... He's a god!

Yup, Shinon is crazyily powerful for a Sniper. Rolf is also good, just takes time to level up.

Leonardo hates me lol He always ends up awful

Yup, Shinon is crazyily powerful for a Sniper. Rolf is also good, just takes time to level up.

Leonardo hates me lol He always ends up awful

Yeah, not to mention when he becomes a marksman!