What is your least favorite Fire Emblem game?

Lantairu

144 members have voted

1. 1. Least favorite game

• Dark Dragon Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • IF/Fates
    • Love them all!

Why so much hate on the Tellius games? Those games (Well, mainly PoR) made me fall in love with the series. I mean, I played FE7 and FE8 first, but FE:PoR was what REALLY sucked me in (still love it now). I agree that RD has a few issues (my main ones being supports, obviously, and that Hit rates with any unit other than the Greil Mercenaries for the most part felt off at times. I felt like I missed with high chances a lot more often than I usually did in previous games...except FE6, which made me not trust any attack under 90%), but it was still a good game (and at times made me feel like I could take on the world...especially with Neepenee, Brom, Ike, Soren, Jill, Elincia, Marcia, the list goes on). Also, it had an a quick save feature that was a freakin' GODSEND in that game! I would probably not like the game as much if not for that (which is why I will probably never play hard mode for RD since it's disabled in that mode).

I will say this though......screw the bridge chapter...from both PoR & RD! >:(

Anyway, in terms of games I've played, Shadow Dragon is at the bottom for me .I've tried to playthrough the game multiple times, but I've never gotten past chapter 7. When I first played it years ago, the fact you had to kill of units to get new ones irked me so much since after playing three FE games, a rule was set for me, "No one dies, and if some one does, no matter who, RESTART !" I played it again recently and even though nowadays I try opening my horizon more and give games a chance to prove themselves because I may like them or I could have a better opinion of a game a second time around (a great example for me is Megaman Battle Network 2. I didn't like it as a kid, but I love the game now...minus a few things) I still can't get into it. The music is fine, the graphics are ok, but the gameplay is just...bleh!

Edited by Busterman64

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit rates with any unit other than the Greil Mercenaries for the most part felt off at times

Other than in 1-E (because the enemy forces get a 15% hit/avoid bonus from Jarod's authority), I never really felt that. Unless you mean Biorhythm.

That said, I loved the Tellius games. Also, while I agree that the bridge chapters suck, they're not on my list of chapters I hate playing every time I play the games (That's reserved for the likes of Shadow Dragon chapter 13 and Sword of Seals chapter 14).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, November 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, November 6, 2015 - No reason given

What? How?

I loved Tellius as well, I wasn't too big on the series until I played them (those two, FE6/7 were the only ones I liked very much, actually). I had a lot of fun with both of them.

Yeah the bridge chapters suck though. I hate playing them every time.

A little off topic but am I the only one in the Forest who considers Awakening's plot good for FE standards. Granted, I don't think much of FE plot in general, and while I've yet to spoil myself to it, I never had high hopes for Fates plotline to begin with, but honestly it's my 3rd favorite plot in the series.

Back on topic, I selected love them all, since I really do, but FE4 and RD irritate me the most, so those two would be it if I absolutely HAD to pick one.

A little off topic but am I the only one in the Forest who considers Awakening's plot good for FE standards. Granted, I don't think much of FE plot in general, and while I've yet to spoil myself to it, I never had high hopes for Fates plotline to begin with, but honestly it's my 3rd favorite plot in the series.

Back on topic, I selected love them all, since I really do, but FE4 and RD irritate me the most, so those two would be it if I absolutely HAD to pick one.

I agree, I didnt think Awakening's plot was terrible. The main thing that bugged me about that plot is how if you choose to

Sacrifice Robin, he just comes back to life in the end. Thats stupid

I kinda agree on the Awakening thing. It is a typical FE plot, but the execution of it was just worse than in other games. That and there weren't enough charming/interesting characters to distract us from the badly executed plot.

I can definitely say I enjoyed FE13's story for the most part more than FE10's, wich starts okay but goes all over the place near the end of Part 3.

Actually, I like FE13's story better than FE12's too, mainly because Kris really ruined FE12 for me.

^Yeah, I may like the idea of a player avatar and it's implementation in FE 7 and 13, but Kris honestly had no reason whatsoever to be in FE12.

What I find hallarious is that an avatar was apparently planned for SD, but was scrapped during development. Meaning IS realized an idea was dumb for one remake, then decided otherwise for the next remake.

Imo, Mark is the one with no reason to exist.

Chris is badly implemented and praised too much (to be fair, I think FE12's writing partially redeems this by not putting him into the chapter intros (showing his lack of importance to the war in general), and portraying him as clueless in various situations) but at least has some sort of skill (= on the battlefield) for the game to somewhat warrant the praise given to him; Mark has none, and the decisions that led to the war in FE7 being won were pretty much all made by the lords, and to a lesser extent the rest of the characters with faces.

In other words, Chris could've been good had he been implemented differently. FE7's tactician is a concept with no use.

Edited by Gradivus.

^I personally like FE7's implementation the most, because Mark is EXACTLY what the player is in an FE game, an advisor on the battlefield who sees the events of the game take place and commands troops in battles, but I can see why some don't like his implementation.

^I personally like FE7's implementation the most, because Mark is EXACTLY what the player is in an FE game, an advisor on the battlefield who sees the events of the game take place and commands troops in battles, but I can see why some don't like his implementation.

I like this point. From what I've played of FE7, Mark seems to hammer in the fact that (and I'm kind of stealing this from Illiterate Scholar) you arent Lyn, Hector, or Eliwood, you're simply commanding them.

My issue that remains with it is that Mark doesn't feel representative of me, he just feels like an artificially generated advisor that is not me, and rather is just controlled by me aswell. He's nowhere near as genuine as the player themselves; granted, this is obvious, but it's part of what renders him pointless in my view.

Edited by Gradivus.

True. He certainly isn't the most relateable person ever. I guess a minor problem I had is when the characters look at you in that game. I dont know why, but that was always obnoxious to me.

I don't usually like to deal in "least favourites", but FE6 is the only one I can say I actively dislike. I excuse FE1 because of its limitations and because it was the first game in the series.

Edited by Tryhard

I don't usually like to deal in "least favourites", but FE6 is the only one I can say I actively dislike. I excuse FE1 because of its limitations and because it was the first game in the series.

Yeah, but that's why I find Shadow Dragon to be such an underwhelming remake. For all the flaws in FE12, it does a lot of what I wish 11 did.

Chris is bad, though I can't find him more offensive than Robin.

I can't quite say that's a good reason to say one is better than the other. I mean, if it doesn't meet your personal standards as well and disappointed you that's fine, but that shouldn't make the game any better or worse.

The thing is, I found Shadow Dragon to be an extremely underwhelming remake for how much time passed between the original and it.

I agree that Awakening's plot wasn't that bad; off the top of my head, I'd say I consider it better than Sacred Stones and Binding Blade's plots.

FE4 being a super fan favorite, I think it might be a myth from the early english fandom, back when people thought it was Japan's favorite; I could be wrong, but I think it was favored by people who emulated the SNES games, probably for looking better than FE3 and for being more accessible than FE5.

The truth is, it's probably as polarizing as RD nd Awakening, only that not enough people have played it (unlike the other two), so it's hard to notice.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like FE4.

It's right down there with Shadow Dragon and Thracia as one of my least favorite FE games... It'd easily be my least favorite if not for Shadow Dragon being a massive disappointment.

Honestly, I think FE4 is kind of like Awakening and RD where the people who love it are extremely vocal and the people who hate it are almost equally so. Personally, I love the game, but I can see how it isn't everyone's cup of tea. And it's weird, because if you get a result of what everybody chose when entering in the "Favorite FE" category, FE4, RD, amd Awakening were the top 3.