Possible future DLC.

kelror13

So I was thinking, once the character popularity contest will be over, how do you guys think the DLC will be handled? Will we have Scramble episodes like Awakening that split the first and second generations or will it focus this time on both again the Hoshido and Nohr sides for the characters?

[spoiler=IK]I kinda hope that there will be DLC about what will happen if Hyrda kills the avatar (maybe the royal siblings as well) and destroys Yato,or just destroys Yato.Doubt that'll ever happen,though.

We'll probably get more Scramble themed DLC.I doubt they'd give us character DLC,since they'd have to make an entire new model.

I'd guess it'd be split Nohr/Hoshido again, with some kinda special case for the neutrals. It'd be the easiest way to make sure both sides get an equal amount of content, because if they just go by overall popularity it kinda feels like there's a risk the Hoshidans will get short-changed.

As for content, I imagine it'll be more fun, fluffy stuff, seeing as we got a lot of gameplay DLC and a story DLC recently. Though I definitely wouldn't complain if it turned out to be something more serious.

Long as Marx and/or Camilla end up with something special from it, I'll probably end up caving and buying it whatever it.

I like serious story missions (like Kamui's kidnapping incident) but if it's just going to be more fan service fluff, I hope it's not the royals again. Other characters deserve some tīme in the sun.

If the poll ends up like the Nintendo Dream poll, IS goes the Scramble route, and they exclude the siblings (who already have a dedicated DLC), then our scramble candidates could be:

1st Gen: Jakob, Zero, Oboro, Azura

2nd Gen: Deere, Foreo, Kinu, Midoriko

That's actually an awesome selection, and it makes sense in every route, too; Jakob, Azura, Deere and Midoriko are in every route, while Nohr players get to see Zero and Foreo and Hoshido players get to see Oboro and Kinu.

I excluded Kanna and Corrin but I imagine Kanna could in theory be used because their appearance is fixed. It just wouldn't feel right to display your own kid like that, though (at least the others might not always be related to you). Then again, Midoriko is like 8 and they'll probably put her in a swimsuit or something (gently gags)

Edited by gayserbeam

I like serious story missions (like Kamui's kidnapping incident) but if it's just going to be more fan service fluff, I hope it's not the royals again. Other characters deserve some tīme in the sun.

Yeah, I'm really hoping for something more serious, too. I don't really mind fan service fluff (particularly when it's DLC content), but it feels like there's still a lot of story material that could be explored. Personally, I'd love anything that could allow for some conversations about the royals' relationships with their parents a lil more. Or just give us some more sibling bond interactions.

If it is shippy fluff, though, I do wonder what they'll end up doing with the royals... They've already got some DLC (though it wasn't shippy, so I guess there's still room for that), but they're also a good number of the most popular characters.

So I know a lot of people want to see other characters besides the royals get something, but I doubt this will happen (unless they actually win the poll).

Imagine voting for your favorite character in the hopes of them getting extra stuff only to be told later that they don't get anything since they already had their time to shine.

Why then let us vote for them in the first place?

Also doing something for the top characters guarantees them the greatest amount of profit.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something for Oboro, Zero and Charlotte, but I doubt this will happen.

So I know a lot of people want to see other characters besides the royals get something, but I doubt this will happen (unless they actually win the poll).

Imagine voting for your favorite character in the hopes of them getting extra stuff only to be told later that they don't get anything since they already had their time to shine.

Why then let us vote for them in the first place?

Also doing something for the top characters guarantees them the greatest amount of profit.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something for Oboro, Zero and Charlotte, but I doubt this will happen.

Maybe, but at the same time, why include the other characters in the poll if (as indicated by the last poll) the non-royals don't have a chance of winning anything? (Non-lord) Awakening characters got some DLC even though they weren't at the very top of the polls.

Edited by NekoKnight

Maybe, but at the same time, why include the other characters in the poll if (as indicated by the last poll) the non-royals don't have a chance of winning anything? (Non-lord) Awakening characters got some DLC even though they weren't at the very top of the polls.

They might split it then. One royal (since they'll almost certainly top the poll) and one non-royal for each gender. I just don't think they'd leave the royals out it.

I'd like an einherjar DLC too, but I've already given up at this point. You'd think we'd have seen some past characters in the past maps, aside from Anna.

I just hope the next round of DLC has an actual storyline. These past maps without any story content in the 2nd season of DLC seem underwhelming. Then again, if they're just random story chapters without adding anything gameplay-wise they'll be underwhelming too. Why can't we get both IS?

Edited by NeonZ