Something's wrong with me at the moment

Junkhead

At the moment, now, lately- this very year. That's pretty much when it started. I feel far more irritable than I have in my previous years. I used to be a lot more vocal about it, now I tend to be a bit more level-headed...and keep it inside, even if I don't wish to. It also seems I get offended by pretty much everything. Insults that I would think would not offend me in a million years seem to get past and straight to my subconcious, where they would come to haunt me sometime later, waiting for the right moment. It's so weird. That's what's bugging me at the very moment, and I came to realize this, just a while ago.

Basically, do you know what it could be (not asking for any diagnosis or anything, I know you guys aren't doctors), what it feels like, anything? Talking about it feels good as it is.

Edited by Soul o:

Is there anything in your life that changed in particular? If there's any recent significant changes then we'd have more to go on. Not just in your lifestyle but also the people around you, new friends could've influence you, and even old ones that changed.

And I can relate a little bit, I know people who changed a lot over the years, even myself.

Edited by Rxmonste

I don't know what it is (could be a number of things like anxiety or depression) but

distractions distractions distractions

if you're too busy to get offended, you probably won't (unless you're silly and make time to be offended)

also, exercising is good for your mental health too, IMO. so if possible (idk anything about you), you could always try that. though I guess you didn't want suggestions about what to do, but rather what it is... yeah, idk for that >>

• 2 weeks later...

any recent lifestyle changes?

Is there anything in your life that changed in particular? If there's any recent significant changes then we'd have more to go on. Not just in your lifestyle but also the people around you, new friends could've influence you, and even old ones that changed.

I finished school last year, and I've yet to find a job. Maybe, just maybe, it has to do with the fact that I'm home for pretty much anything other than going to The GYM or groceries. Even when you don't have a life, your mind may stop at nothing to try to make one for you, even if that means wreaking havoc with imaginary qualm. It doesn't help that my mother gives me extra baggage on the fact that I'm not "doing what I'm suppose to do by now" (working, college, etc.) and a plethora of empty complaints for the sake of complaining.

I don't know what it is (could be a number of things like anxiety or depression) but

distractions distractions distractions

if you're too busy to get offended, you probably won't (unless you're silly and make time to be offended)

also, exercising is good for your mental health too, IMO. so if possible (idk anything about you), you could always try that. though I guess you didn't want suggestions about what to do, but rather what it is... yeah, idk for that >>

I feel like way too many people just distract themselves from the inevitable. I, myself, have been doing that for ages. From the simplest thing to listening music about 70% of my waking hours to being on the computer all the time, it's just a distraction...but from what? I don't want to distract myself, I need to face whatever this is. And so should others who seek to get away from those kind of problems within us...

And I do workout, but that's only 2 hours a day, tops. It's a great "distraction".

Welcome to growing up.

Anything that I'm going through, I should have gone through before. I'm 19, now...

"Welcome to growing up" isn't exactly the best way to put anything into perspective....

Everyone grows up at their own pace despite what is supposed to be normal because everyone is living under their own particular circumstances.

Having these feelings of doubt and general frustration when it comes to what exactly you should be doing is fine and why some things affect you now when they didn't before. Thinking about it on your own generally doesn't help much because you are already tackling your own thoughts.

However seeking counseling or therapy or something. Something and someone who is willing to help you and hear you out may help and hell even figure out something you really like. I'm probably just gonna end up rambling but don't feel too down on yourself about this because there are others who are in the same boat who may be willing to help one another.

I feel like way too many people just distract themselves from the inevitable. I, myself, have been doing that for ages. From the simplest thing to listening music about 70% of my waking hours to being on the computer all the time, it's just a distraction...but from what? I don't want to distract myself, I need to face whatever this is. And so should others who seek to get away from those kind of problems within us...

Maybe what you need is a bit of "fresh air" (new experiences)? If we stay in the same routine for too long we become bored and stagnated. Even the distractions you currently have aren't exceptions. That said, I'm not sure what you could do that you haven't done before.

And I do workout, but that's only 2 hours a day, tops. It's a great "distraction".

mhm, you have a very good point. I'm not going to disagree with you. distractions aren't really a solution.

for what it's worth, I think distractions that you feel obligated to do are better than ones you just do for fun, because you're more likely to be distracted by things like the stress, tight schedule, etc.--when your worries are finding time to eat, meeting deadlines, etc., it's different than distracting yourself by (for example--not saying you necessarily do this) watching Twitch streams and YouTube videos and lurking reddit all day--these you can stop almost any time with little to no repercussions (i.e. they aren't really "obligations") and ultimately the people on the internet might be causing grief in the first place, haha

Edited by Crimson Red