The levels you despise

Mackc2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2 on L+ is overkill. Screw that level. I could tank in Chapter 1 fairly reasonably, but Chapter 2 was basically like, Luna+ all over the map and death to Fred.

Paralogue 6 (Inigo's) was also pretty difficult for me the first time on Hard mode. Too many ranged weapons and high speed flying units to deal with, and the odd maze-like building structure doesn't help either.

I am gonna agree with the majority on The Northroad, it was hard enough on Hard when I just wanted to get Chrom a level or two. I figured out an algorithm in Lunatic but the random crits from those damn Soldiers were miserable. However it's always fun to have Freddy dodge tank the boss and have Lissa heal him when he does get hit until his Hand Axe breaks. There is something very satisfying about having your little scrub units whaling on him for three turns after the lifetime of suffering his amigos caused you. I have a strong distaste for Ch.13, too, because I just want Henry to live on and eventually kill the boss but those Longbow Snipers are too many stronk. Honestly I don't mind Desert maps because the enemies are so slow that you can heal yourself for days until the Dark Mages or Wyverns show up but then Sumia and Cordelia can pick off the mages and Chrom just absolutely flattens any Wyverns.

• 3 weeks later...
Personally I hate chapter 13 (The Gangrel one) Generally because of the constant reinforcements, sheer number of enemies and the flat layout that mostly requires you to just power through (the endgame suffers from the same thing mostly).

If this is the one I'm thinking of, and that's the one where you take on Gangrel the second time, you forgot oooooooone thing:

Having to power your way to the chests while simaltaneously avoiding Gangrel because he has a magic weapon and the stats to actually kill a good number of units with it. And he doesn't just stand around, either--he'll chase anyone that even comes CLOSE to his range.

I almost ragequit that chapter several times the first time I played the game. And I usually don't ragequit FE chapters. ._.

Worst level: Lunatic/+ Chapter 2. After that, the game is a breeze if you have the dlc. But if you don't, then the worst chapters would have to be Chapters 2 through Endgame.

I see what you did there.

I too have to vote for Inigo's recruitment paralogue. It always surprises me with the difficulty spike. I like doing it quickly, because it's (theoretically) the earliest spot you can get Second Seals, but for some reason I keep forgetting the increased difficulty and thus getting nastily surprised by it. (I would've lost Cherche in my most recent run, if I hadn't gotten profoundly lucky--she dodged like 4 or 5 attacks that all had greater than 50% chance to hit.)

There was another map I wanted to mention, but can't remember what it was.

Reinforcement chapters can be very annoying, especially if you do not know when they are coming. Whats worse is how on difficulties higher than Normal they spawn and move on the same turn, which is bad if your units are in a bad position. I like to try and play as carefully as possible so I don't like having to rush my units from one end of a map to another so they don't get caught in a pincer attack. After a while, I had to ditch Lissa and Maribelle because reinforcements made them more a liability than an asset. Desert maps are not bad, but i hate how slow going they can be.

I just realized that chapter 21 is also a real pain due to all the mire sorcerers and my tendencies to not leave a level until all enemies are dead and all the treasure has been collected. I'm not going to have an easy time on the Lunatic version of that level due to the sorcerers being even worse.

I have the same sentiments, which is why I had such a hard time with this chapter and had to restart about a dozen times. Between the ambush reinforcements and the RNG Goddess screwing me over by letting my units get hit when the enemy only had a 39% chance to hit them...

Least favorite maps, huh?

Paralogue 3 is up there; suicidal villagers, and I feel like there's little incentive to even play the level beyond some experience points.

Chapter 19 isn't terrible, but I feel like there's just too many enemies rushing you all at once.

Chapter 21 isn't too hard, but I hate feeling rushed by the Mire Sorcerors in the woodwork. 18 also rushes you, but at least it's a cool aesthetic and the boss is interesting.

Chapter 24 for not only being a boring filler level, but being stuffed to the brim with forests.

Chapter 25 also has some issues, since by that point I just want to slay Grima and be done with the run, but 25 is long and filled with about twenty trigintillion reinforcements. But the map design is fine.

But as for my favorites... I do like 10 and 11. The maps themselves are nothing special, but the former is surprisingly poignant especially with the somber music playing the whole time, and the latter is a really good "final battle" against Gangrel and an excellent way to wrap up the first story arc.

Noire's Paralogue is interesting simply because I find it funny how the best strategy is to lock yourself away in Noire's cell and turn it from a prison to a fortress. That's just a funny concept to me. Laurent's is also cool what with the whole mirage village, though all the sand is annoying.

I really do hate the levels with reinforcements from behind(Chapter 9 IIRC). Because I left Lissa paired up with Ricken, and she just healed someone, she just gets screwed over with four wyvern riders attacking her in the same turn. And I hate it when units just completely ignore my units in front of them and just attack my healer like its the most important thing to do. I guess you do have to learn as you go on.

Reinforcement chapters can be very annoying, especially if you do not know when they are coming. Whats worse is how on difficulties higher than Normal they spawn and move on the same turn, which is bad if your units are in a bad position. I like to try and play as carefully as possible so I don't like having to rush my units from one end of a map to another so they don't get caught in a pincer attack. After a while, I had to ditch Lissa and Maribelle because reinforcements made them more a liability than an asset. Desert maps are not bad, but i hate how slow going they can be.

Ugh ambush reinforcements are the bane of my very existence, I just generally find that awakening handles difficulty very poorly. Like hard would be a walk in the park if it was not for the stupid ambush reinforcements that you basically have to memorise (not the most fun thing on a no reset run)

Chapter 25 also has some issues, since by that point I just want to slay Grima and be done with the run, but 25 is long and filled with about twenty trigintillion reinforcements. But the map design is fine.

If you're pretty much done and want to get on with Grima, you can just rescueskip this chapter with a few unpromoted fliers (autopromo Cherche is great too) and rescue users on a mountain.

During my first and only lunatic run Grima traumatized me. I had a max might forged Celica's Gale but I still only did 1 damage and I couldn't double him. To make things even worse I was playing as male Robin so I only had an A rank with Chrom which resulted in Chrom barely dual striking and when he did dual strike he missed. I ended up having to savescum to beat Grima.

No matter what difficulty, chapter 16 always ends up troubling me. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to add pegasus knight reinforcements with javelins or whatever on an open map!? For that matter, I disliked all levels that were just open maps as they were just too boring.

Edited by glaucousdreamer