MU ~ male or female?

Also because Caeda exists. Luke/Rody exist for Cavalier competition but they're nowhere near as good as Male Cavalier is.

Also because Caeda exists. Luke/Rody exist for Cavalier competition but they're nowhere near as good as Male Cavalier is.

Also theres Palla and Catria lol.

I thought female also has access to cav, or is that only after reclass screen opens I forget

If you beat it once (i think hard mode?) male p much gets twice the amount of classes options

But yeah honestly even with the existing pegasi who are good I reclass them all to cav anyway

Yeah Females can be Cavs in FE12, though they start with a sword and sword rank instead. I guess the Lady Sword is cool for a bit, but lances tend to be more useful overall if you want to go that route. Male MU is more or less the only good Berserker option in the game(starting Fighter MU is recommended for this). Men can also go Horseman which is a pretty good endgame class.

Without unlocked class sets, female is slightly more flexible than male because female MUs can fly before promotion, and have access to General post promotion. However this is not much of an advantage given Dracoknight is tanky enough on most difficulties, and Palla/Catria/Arran/Sirius exist but it has some niche advantages.

With unlocked class sets, male is by far better, especially because Cavalier is a good class for prologue and gets you base Lance Rank, or Fighter gets you Axe Rank. However, if you can put up with a worse prologue, Peg isn't too bad given you'll have Lance rank AND Lady Sword access when you reclass to Cav after the Prologue.

Edited by Irysa

Never actually tried this, but if I would pick female Pegasus Knight, would I still be able to turn Arran into one? Or would that slot been taken by MU?

Choice is based on first time through the game, so males are still "limited" to their class sets.

Edited by SSJDennis

Lady Sword is E so anyone with a sword can use it. Reclass is not limited by seals or levels or anything, so if you have extra cav slots (like not using any number of Arran, Luke, Rody, or Cecile, on that given map, for example) and it's not something like chapter 8 where flight is really good there, you can always make one of them a cav for overall stronger stats and still got the 8 move.

Honestly I like to reclass situationally. It's free-open reclass so take advantage of the most of it you can.

Edited by Thor Odinson