Advices for Nohr Lunatic.

B.Leu

Some months ago, I finished my Hoshido Lunatic run, not without difficulty, let me tell you. I'm surprised I even succeed.

And now, I finally gathered the courage to start my Lunatic Nohr run, incidentally, the courage to make the topic.

So, if it's not much trouble, could you tell me any advices ? Characters to use, pairing, secondary classes, friendship, reclassing, heck, even children. I'm not going to be picky, I didn't used them on Hoshido Lunatic, and I think I kinda regretted it .

I though that making a Female Kamui would be good, thanks to her capacity to have two childrens, but eh...

Oh boy, if it appears I have to redo my save... :p

I know It's kinda cowardly on my part to make a topic for this, but I really don't want to get dunked on.

Edited by B.Leu

If I'm not mistaken, if you don't have any chapter 5 save data where Kamui is female with Jakob trained before that point, and you want to use the male file to change Kamui into female mid-way, Jakob will join as Lv. 1 at base. Not very desirable for Nohr Lunatic.....

As for advices, I'm not really well-versed myself since I haven't finished my own run yet, but a lot of people have been saying that learning Pass is very helpful, if not mandatory for the final chapter.

Some mouths ago, I finished my Hoshido Lunatic run, not without difficulty, let me tell you. I'm surprised I ever succeed.

And now, I finally gathered the courage to start my Lunatic Nohr run, incidentally, the courage to make the topic.

So, if it's not much trouble, could you tell me any advices ? Characters to use, pairing, secondary classes, friendship, reclassing, heck, even children. I'm not going to be picky, I didn't used them on Hoshido Lunatic, and I think I kinda regretted it .

I though that making a Female Kamui would be good, thanks to her capacity to have two childrens, but eh...

Oh boy, if it appears I have to redo my save... :p

I know It's kinda cowardly on my part to make a topic for this, but I really don't want to get dunked on.

I didn't play Nohr any differently than Awakening (Nohr was my first playthrough), and everything went fine... for the first 20 chapters. And Chapter 21 was just a case of me getting impatient (I "skipped" it by using a unit from someone else's My Castle). I did actually need help for Chapter 23 and Endgame, and starting from 23 I broke my constraint and allowed DLC grinding.

I would say, although this may not be the case for everyone:

• Use Suzukaze. Seriously. He's a speed and resistance monster that will max strangth as well (even though the shinobi series has low strength caps). He'll be a great mage killer, and he'll kill Macbeth in a single turn.
  • Of course, Maids and Butlers are awesome magic killers too.
  • Foleo is a very useful magic shield. So useful that sometimes enemy Sorcerors ignore him (Nohr Lunatic enemies do this when they can't deal damage or debuffs).
  • You'll need multiple (at least 2) high-defence units that aren't mounted or armoured to handle Chapter 26. You can promote your units to Heroes and pair them with Generals, or you can use a mix of Dragonmasters, Generals and Great Knights depending on the types of units you face. Team Camilla yay.
  • Yes, Pass is pretty much a requirement too. You'll need it to clear the final chapter in 2 turns, and you'll want to do it because you'll probably lose all patience by then. You'll need a Pass unit, and I'd recomment Bow Knight Eponine. She'll have Move+1, can inherit Pass from Zero, and being a Bow Knight gives her high movement to start with.
  • And of course, if you're going for that 2-turn clear, you'll also need a powerful unit. Either a particularly powerful magic user (that can withstand the enemy's attack) or Mozume as a Kyusei (Holy Bowman) will do. Don't forget your brave weapon, and if you happen to have multiple copies, consider forging them.
  • Conserve your staves. You'll need one use of Draw for Chapter 23, and you'll need one use (preferrably more) of Shichinan Sokumetsu (Vanished Disaster, =Rescue) for Endgame.
  • Overall, while Spd is still important, Def and Res are incredibly useful in this game too. Unless you're a Maid or Butler facing magic users or a Sorceror facing bow users, in which case you'll have nothing to worry because they'll have 0% hit after you get the respective slayer skill.
  • Go for the children, whether you want the units or not. You'll get valuable experience. Definitely do the defence missions, and especially Ignis's chapter (probably Siegbert's too, but I didn't get him because I got the news of the 1-to-1 marriage partner ratio too late), as soon as possible.

That's all I can think of right now. Just keep in mind that if all else fails, you can always recruit units from other My Castles, so you won't run into the situation where you reach the end only to be stuck there forever, like I did with FE9 Maniac.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Also, if you don't want to restrict yourself with weapons/items that the game offers, My Castle rank bonus has a lot of neat stuffs that you won't get via online shops. You can also save money that way by not buying extraneous weapons or by selling those that you don't need.

Edited by Ryo

(Nohr Lunatic enemies do this when they can't deal damage or debuffs).

Or when they can't deal damage in the battle but they will be attacked.

For example, "General with 30 Def + Javelin" VS "Puppeteer with 29 Atk".

Facelesses don't have this AI setting. They always try to attack you.

Puppets are as smart as human units XD.

You'll need it to clear the final chapter in 2 turns.

​And of course, if you're going for that 2-turn clear, you'll also need a powerful unit.

Or 2 units in 4 turns, maybe Yato*2 + Brave Sword*4.

probably Siegbert's too

He is under our control. We can promote him at the beginning.

Edited by Tooru

Nohr L is pretty easy until the last 4 or so chapters where it's like oh god pls why.

I could tell you my pairs.

Effie/Harold

Fighter!Belka/Flannel (eventually benched both when I got Velour and Lutz)

Camilia/Kaze

Charlotte/Marx

Luna/Leo (Felicia also works well)

Kamui/Jakob

Velour/Lutz

The rest of my slots were staffers and Azura. Using Paralogues is a good idea to get ahead of the exp curve. They'll always give good exp due to scaling with the plot.

You'll need some draw, rescue, and freeze for the last few chapters.

Ew, I only have one Rescue left as of chapter 20 (already included MC bonus...)

As for parings, if you don't care about turn counts, you can dance-grind Aqua to build support points with someone to unlock two extra paralogues. You should be able to get at least 8-9 of them without other kinds of grinding.

Edited by Ryo

You'll need one use of Draw for Chapter 23, and you'll need one use (preferrably more) of Shichinan Sokumetsu (Vanished Disaster, =Rescue) for Endgame.

Alternatively you can save the Draw use, instead pairing up your Pass user (who you should be training anyway) with a strong combat unit to rush up the second stairway from the left, bypassing the enemies and taking out one of the Basara blocking the stairs on the right. Staff accuracy is shaky on the them, and Draw is quite expensive.

Train Zero/Asura as a berserker (for Zero, through A+ Harold) then reclass him back to adventurer for Pass. This is more beneficial for Asura tho since he has C rank bows while Zero has D. Slight deviation but it works. Both want offense and neither will have great defense outside of resistance so it doesn't matter here. No one will survive this map on their own so don't even try. You need rescue, freeze, silence, draw, anything. Luckily not only is Elise and last minute recruited Foleo amazing staff users, you have Flora and Izana who just came to help you out in this area.

You could also use Anna if you recruited her, train her as a great merchant to raise her bulk and nab pass.

Alternatively you can save the Draw use, instead pairing up your Pass user (who you should be training anyway) with a strong combat unit to rush up the second stairway from the left, bypassing the enemies and taking out one of the Basara blocking the stairs on the right. Staff accuracy is shaky on the them, and Draw is quite expensive.

Fliers can go through the turret so a lv15 skill is not necessary when enemies are around lv11.

Train Zero/Asura as a berserker (for Zero, through A+ Harold) then reclass him back to adventurer for Pass. This is more beneficial for Asura tho since he has C rank bows while Zero has D. Slight deviation but it works. Both want offense and neither will have great defense outside of resistance so it doesn't matter here. No one will survive this map on their own so don't even try. You need rescue, freeze, silence, draw, anything. Luckily not only is Elise and last minute recruited Foleo amazing staff users, you have Flora and Izana who just came to help you out in this area.

You could also use Anna if you recruited her, train her as a great merchant to raise her bulk and nab pass.

Benoit can survive, and maybe Xander.

They can have higher Def than those Holy Lancers' Atk.

Edited by Tooru

My, thank you !

So what I learnt, thanks to you guys:

-Joker is level 1. Ouch. :-(

-Suzukaze is a great unit and should be used, no surprise.

-Pass is a must have.

-Final chapter is a pain in the butt and should be done quickly, I can imagine why, since I did Nohr on Normal already.
-Thus, Eponine is a must have.

-Thus, Aqua too then ?

-Need to conserve staves. And money. That's basic.

-Speed is good, but def/res is very good to have too.

-Marx/Charlotte is good

-Must have EXP, thus children chapters.

-Must use the pair up correctly.

-Pairing seems to be a pain in the butt, again, but much less than in previous games.

-I'm going to suffer.

Once again, thank you very much ! I'm sure it will be useful to someone else too.

Edited by B.Leu

Tbh I'm not really certain about the Joker thing. You can do a quick check by starting a new save file from the branching point and switch Kamui's gender (Joker will pop up immediately after the choice so you can see his stats).

This has happened to me when I switched to female Kamui in my current IK run. Joker started at level 1, while Felicia was at original level +10 (Lv 16 Ex 30 in my case) when she joined at after Chapter 15.

Edited by nocturnal YL

He's saying that if you don't redo the shared chapters but switch genders for the next playthrough it keeps the stats from the butler/maid you had before instead of leveling the new one up. Makes sense. The stats/levels are then applied to the other when they join later.

I don't understand the Felicia bit, what actually happened?

If you start with a male Kamui, Felicia will join at the beginning and can be trained in chapters 2 and 3. Joker is not deployable here. However, if you use that save data to switch Kamui into female at the end of chapter 5 and beginning of chapter 6 (before the choice), Felicia will be replaced with Joker (who would come at base) and she would not come back until chapter 15. She gets to keep her prior level-ups but +10.

Sounds like a sucky tradeoff to me, though ok, at least it's clarified now, thanks

Felicia's stats aren't too terribly important (she's fragile, actually more fragile than ELISE of all characters), though I dunno

Jakob seems to find more use reclassed, though it's odd

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

The whole thing about Felicia sounds confusing to me... I thought you'd have to have beaten the game to skip right to the decision? Correct me if I'm wrong on this...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I didn't play Nohr any differently than Awakening (Nohr was my first playthrough), and everything went fine... for the first 20 chapters. And Chapter 21 was just a case of me getting impatient (I "skipped" it by using a unit from someone else's My Castle). I did actually need help for Chapter 23 and Endgame, and starting from 23 I broke my constraint and allowed DLC grinding.

I would say, although this may not be the case for everyone:

• Use Suzukaze. Seriously. He's a speed and resistance monster that will max strangth as well (even though the shinobi series has low strength caps). He'll be a great mage killer, and he'll kill Macbeth in a single turn.
  • Of course, Maids and Butlers are awesome magic killers too.
  • Foleo is a very useful magic shield. So useful that sometimes enemy Sorcerors ignore him (Nohr Lunatic enemies do this when they can't deal damage or debuffs).
  • You'll need multiple (at least 2) high-defence units that aren't mounted or armoured to handle Chapter 26. You can promote your units to Heroes and pair them with Generals, or you can use a mix of Dragonmasters, Generals and Great Knights depending on the types of units you face. Team Camilla yay.
  • Yes, Pass is pretty much a requirement too. You'll need it to clear the final chapter in 2 turns, and you'll want to do it because you'll probably lose all patience by then. You'll need a Pass unit, and I'd recomment Bow Knight Eponine. She'll have Move+1, can inherit Pass from Zero, and being a Bow Knight gives her high movement to start with.
  • And of course, if you're going for that 2-turn clear, you'll also need a powerful unit. Either a particularly powerful magic user (that can withstand the enemy's attack) or Mozume as a Kyusei (Holy Bowman) will do. Don't forget your brave weapon, and if you happen to have multiple copies, consider forging them.
  • Conserve your staves. You'll need one use of Draw for Chapter 23, and you'll need one use (preferrably more) of Shichinan Sokumetsu (Vanished Disaster, =Rescue) for Endgame.
  • Overall, while Spd is still important, Def and Res are incredibly useful in this game too. Unless you're a Maid or Butler facing magic users or a Sorceror facing bow users, in which case you'll have nothing to worry because they'll have 0% hit after you get the respective slayer skill.
  • Go for the children, whether you want the units or not. You'll get valuable experience. Definitely do the defence missions, and especially Ignis's chapter (probably Siegbert's too, but I didn't get him because I got the news of the 1-to-1 marriage partner ratio too late), as soon as possible.

That's all I can think of right now. Just keep in mind that if all else fails, you can always recruit units from other My Castles, so you won't run into the situation where you reach the end only to be stuck there forever, like I did with FE9 Maniac.

Saving the Silence Staff is a must from Ch25 since you need it for the maids in Ch's 26&Final.

Not to status staves that they can do. Better use Silence, or C'mere staves to deal with them since you cannot get Status Immunity/Resistance.

...Or playing on Casual.