Mafialands [OC] - Game Over, Congrats ClarinetsandOboes

Life

Life said the rules state there were no extensions, but that's not actually true. It says: "Extensions will be granted at my discretion".

If Life did not want Gaius speaking for him, he should not have had a co-mod, or made it clear not to grant an extension under any circumstance.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, did you role an RNG for the ending?

No. The night ended with just you and Refa alive, lynch would be tied and I had previously decided that at final 2, the game would automatically move to another night phase with the faster kill winning the game.

There was never an option for a joint win and I'll touch on that in Refa's postgame report.

Life said the rules state there were no extensions, but that's not actually true. It says: "Extensions will be granted at my discretion".

In plain words, an extension would only be granted if I could not physically make the update in time due to being called into work early.

I will concede one point. I should have been clear to Gaius that no extensions would be granted. But aside from that, no.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

I think that's the closest I'll get to an admission to guilt, so I'll take it.

Did Clarinets have strongman powers? If he and Paper had been the last 2, could Paper have used his doc on himself to block Clarinets' kill and kill him to be the last one standing?

Edited by Baldo Scroll

Did Clarinets have strongman powers? If he and Paper had been the last 2, could Paper have used his doc on himself to block Clarinets' kill and kill him to be the last one standing?

No to the first, yes to the second.

Clarinets only had a kill (fastest kill in the game) and an immunity to the lynch on Day 1 so that the wolf could have a chance. But let a wolf stick around long enough and he'll take you.

Clarinets only had a kill (fastest kill in the game) and an immunity to the lynch on Day 1 so that the wolf could have a chance. But let a wolf stick around long enough and he'll take you.

Fastest in the game? So no matter what I had won once Refa and I killed the two other players?

Didn't know my kill was the fastest in the game, actually. I just was watching the thread for the moment it was just Refa and I so I could get my kill on Refa in before he did lol

Refa's plan, though.

I'm both glad and sad you didn't win, bro. It was bloody genius! My attempt at killing you didn't matter in the end, lol

Great for you Clarinets! Totally should have smelled something fishy when you decided to help us with the votes, but I was too busy convincing myself we had this on the bag :P:

I think I will sign up for more OCs in the future. It was fun, and everybody took nicely the amount of backstabbing and crap. Love the lack of salt :3:

Multifaction isn't really my thing. I don't enjoy having to betray people and be dishonest, and I was hoping my teammates would carry me through the game so that I wouldn't have to do anything in the first place. Should have killed Clarinets or removed his vote but yeah.

I agree with deigo, more OC's pls!

Yes. I'm trying to invite my friend to join Serenes and play Mafia with the rest of the community, so then I'd have even more incentive to play. This game was one of the most enjoyable Mafia games I've played, even though I won by doing what people told me to do! And unlike NoC, I believe oC gets better the farther into the game you go rather than starting great and getting kind of boring as you go along.

Multifaction isn't really my thing. I don't enjoy having to betray people and be dishonest, and I was hoping my teammates would carry me through the game so that I wouldn't have to do anything in the first place. Should have killed Clarinets or removed his vote but yeah.

I agree with this. I would prefer playing an oC Mafia game with the normal Town vs. Mafia setup rather than Multifaction, although I did like the setup and the body count raising as quickly as it did was fun too.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say this explicitly but I don't like unannounced multifaction. It's not that I dislike multifaction, but it's a fundamentally different game from mafia.

Also, Corinthian, we realized you were a mole and had a different group PM without you in it. It was a little late by then tbf but eh.

I'm a little confused as to which team the moles actually won with? The team they scanned/flipped as or the other team?

Edited by BBM

Seriously though that was so freaking fun. I'm really sad i couldn't pull off a keikaiku, but i managed to get the backstab on kirsche, so thats something.

I seriously don't understand how Hyperion and bandits both fail to show for a lynch, had me dumbfounded. GG wp. I third the motion for more OC.

Paper told me you were the mole, and it explained why you demanded I give you my faction name. I don't get why you didn't even attempt to curry favour with me (3rd had info on me, so I assume you had info on one of the Hyperion people).

I didn't demand lol I went "alignment swap? you first" which I wasn't even going to follow up with but you were like "what's in it for me" so I didn't bother talking to you again =) gotta be approachable man.

Edited by Executive kirsche