Big announcement planned in December

blah the Prussian

Hmm, I think's going to be Pokemon Z, the always release a Pokemom main game each year, and right now it's the perfect moment for an announcement.

And I bet it's going to be a March release.

And if Pokemon Z is released next year, it's likely that Generation 7 will be revealed at the end of 2016, and we will get the new pair of games at 2017.

Pokemon XY sequels and more Pokemon for Pokken Tournament, plz! Pokemon I'd play as, anyway. I REALLY don't want to have to pass the game up.

And as always, I'd love a new Pokemon Snap too.

No way, XY deserve sequels, imo. They were great! And every set of new Pokemon games gets a third version, or in the case of BW, sequels. I just prefer sequels for being a little more different.

I hope there will be a Colosseum-like, since I don't recall any was on Wii U and with (New) 3DS capacity, a 3DS remake could be expected and would definitively kill my wallet with all games coming next year. Even a remake would do,but I guess that's some childish fantasy.

And possibly more classic Pokémon games portage. I did never played any Pokémon on a Game Boy besides Mystery Dungeon which I love but, I always wanted to play gen 2 (and I couldn't even get HG/SS) which have most of my favorite Pokémons. But that might not happen since HG and SS are still compatible with 3DS. But who knows what awaits for us ? Pokemon Z, Pokken, and Go might be cool, but I'd rather have at least one unexpected game.

How about we skip Pokemon Z and just go to 7th gen?

It's too early for 7th gen. If a last 6th gen game releases in 2016, the gen will have lasted 3 years. That's ok by Pokémon standards.

It should be a Kalos game but what? I don't think it'll be sequels, nor Z.

Kalos has a lot of potential I feel wasn't close to being fully recognized with XY, I'm hoping that Z fixes that if we do get a Z version. I'd really like it if Team Flare got a big rework, they're all over the place and most of their actions have nothing to do with their main plan and Lysandre just seems to be tilting at windmills with what he argues. Really the only place in Pokemon that comes close to having the people and problems he blathers on about is Orre, the rest of the regions are nigh-utopias with the only problems being pretty much caused by the villainous teams themselves. There was a real disconnect with what he was describing and the fact that Kalos was presented as a very generous place with pretty much limitless resources.

I really expect Pokemon Z. The game has already been leaked, so they have to announce it soon, I imagine. XY seemed unfinished, so I hope Z fills in all the gaps, especially in terms of post-game content, where XY had virtually none.

Gen 5 had by far the best postgame content, I think. Gen 2 will always have a special place in my heart for letting you run through Kanto again, but it was very unbalanced (the remakes handled it much better though). Gen 5 had post game content that picked up right where the main game left off, no dramatic increase in level, no wacky wild pokemon levels.

Gen 5 had by far the best postgame content, I think. Gen 2 will always have a special place in my heart for letting you run through Kanto again, but it was very unbalanced (the remakes handled it much better though). Gen 5 had post game content that picked up right where the main game left off, no dramatic increase in level, no wacky wild pokemon levels.

Black 2 is my favourite game in the series, hands down. It hit all the right chords for me and had so much glorious side content and fleshed out Unova very nicely. I'd rather replay Black 2 than the 3DS games, it has much more replay value for me.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as how Zygarde (aka the Pokemon representation of myself, Fenrir and Hel, Loki's offspring) is going to be central no matter what, I myself could not be anymore hyped. I've already seen how Zygarde Core comes in red and blue, so perhaps that could signal multiple versions like Black & White 2. Still, only roughly two weeks until the information comes out in CoroCoro. I will be watching.

I don't really care whichever it is, although the presence of the Zygarde Core seem to beckon a multiple version. As long as they do a good job of representing Kalos in the game, I shall buy the game on the day it comes out. (XY represented Kalos wonderfully and was the reason I got back into Pokémon.)

So, has anyone said exactly when this big announcement is? I thought I saw somewhere that it was going to be today, but I don't really remember. I hope it wasn't just Sceptile for Pokken Tournament, because while nice, it doesn't exactly scream big to me.

And I'm kinda aching for a new game announcement... For like any series I play at this point (except Smash, of course).