Big announcement planned in December

blah the Prussian

I actually agree, this is a pretty small announcement all things considered.

It isn't like a new character in Smash, its just a new pokemon in the multitudes of Pokemon.

I was expecting.

A. Pokemon Z

B. Gen 7 announcements and showing starters.

or

C. Pokken Stuff.

Has everything been leaked though? I imagine they'd want to release Pokémon Z or the next generation sometime next year. Right?

It's possible because, like I said before, there's usually a main pokemon game released each year.

And, taking previous generations in consideration, it's safe to assume that Generation 6 it's reaching the end of it's lifespan, 2016 is probably going to be Gen 6's last year before Gen 7 is introduced, most likely in 2017 or in the end of 2016.

It's possible because, like I said before, there's usually a main pokemon game released each year.

And, taking previous generations in consideration, it's safe to assume that Generation 6 it's reaching the end of it's lifespan, 2016 is probably going to be Gen 6's last year before Gen 7 is introduced, most likely in 2017 or in the end of 2016.

I don't keep that good a track of the franchise as a whole, but isn't it weird that Zygarde 100% or whatever it was called has been revealed already, then? It pretty much guarantees a Z version (or X&Y2, hopefully with a better written story), but a lot of people are starting to look forward to the next generation.

It just seems like a very tight schedule.

I don't keep that good a track of the franchise as a whole, but isn't it weird that Zygarde 100% or whatever it was called has been revealed already, then? It pretty much guarantees a Z version (or X&Y2, hopefully with a better written story), but a lot of people are starting to look forward to the next generation.

It just seems like a very tight schedule.

I think Zygarde's new forms being introduced so soon may have something to with the anime's scheldule, but I'm not to sure.

Also, I just remembered, that back in 2013, when Ken Sugimori gave an interview around the time of X&Y's release, he said that he was already working on the designs of Gen 7's Pokemon during that time, so it can't be to far.

Edited by Water Mage

I think Zygarde's new forms being introduced so soon may have something to with the anime's scheldule, but I'm not to sure.

Also, I just remembered, that back in 2013, when Ken Sugimori gave an interview around the time of X&Y's release, he said that he was already working on the designs of Gen 7's Pokemon during that time, so it can't be to far.

Probably. It's called "X, Y and Z" now, right? Maybe they'll have an important reveal that coincides with the reveal of the next game. A bit hard to speculate though, since I haven't watched the anime for about 13 years - I've heard Ash is still 10 though.

Oh my, that does sound interesting. One of the things I loved about waiting for X and Y was speculating about the starters' secondary typings. Looking forward to doing it again!

Probably. It's called "X, Y and Z" now, right? Maybe they'll have an important reveal that coincides with the reveal of the next game. A bit hard to speculate though, since I haven't watched the anime for about 13 years - I've heard Ash is still 10 though.

Oh my, that does sound interesting. One of the things I loved about waiting for X and Y was speculating about the starters' secondary typings. Looking forward to doing it again!

Funny you should mention the starters, Ken Sugimori once said that the starters of each generation are the Pokemon whose's design takes the most time to decide. He said that they always spend more time designing the starters than other Pokemon, and there's always a story behind them.

For example, Samurott was designed as someone who would break fights between the serious Serperior and the hot-blooded Emboar, and the Kalos started were based on classic medieval RPG classes, the Chespin line is based on the Knight class, the Fennekin line is based in the Mage class and the Froakie line is based on the Thief class.

Funny you should mention the starters, Ken Sugimori once said that the starters of each generation are the Pokemon whose's design takes the most time to decide. He said that they always spend more time designing the starters than other Pokemon, and there's always a story behind them.

For example, Samurott was designed as someone who would break fights between the serious Serperior and the hot-blooded Emboar, and the Kalos started were based on classic medieval RPG classes, the Chespin line is based on the Knight class, the Fennekin line is based in the Mage class and the Froakie line is based on the Thief class.

Wow, that's pretty neat; I hadn't thought about their typings like classes before.

I really want a grass/electric starter next time around, that's all I ask for.

Wow, that's pretty neat; I hadn't thought about their typings like classes before.

I really want a grass/electric starter next time around, that's all I ask for.

Yeah, it seems that Gen 6 as whole had medieval Europe theme to it, with Pokemon like Aegislah, Florges, Mega Gardevoir and etc.

That makes sense, since Kalos is basically Bourbon France. My Monarchist bias might be talking here, but they have an entrenched nobility and even someone who could be considered a ceremonial King. Also, announcement is tomorrow. He hype is real!

Gen 6's medieval Europe theme also seems to be reflected on the human characters, we have Wikstrom who is a knight, and there's Diantha who gives a princess vibe.

And the announcement is on the day of my birthday, huh?

It's also worth noting that this announcement will happen a day before the Smash Bros event.

I wonder if it is intentional.

Gen 6's medieval Europe theme also seems to be reflected on the human characters, we have Wikstrom who is a knight, and there's Diantha who gives a princess vibe.

And the announcement is on the day of my birthday, huh?

It's also worth noting that this announcement will happen a day before the Smash Bros event.

I wonder if it is intentional.

Wait, the Pokémon reveal is tomorrow? That is exciting.

I have my fingers crossed for 7th gen of pokemon but it won't be it. If we get pokemon Z I will probably skip. Nothing against Kalos or anything but I only get the new games for the new pokemon.

(oh didn't notice the reveal already happened what a disappointment.)

Edited by Mackc2