(Japan) Fire Emblem considered amongst the most wanted "Warriors" collaborations

Shadow Stalker X

with that said, Warriors games are as hard as you make them, Hard and above can be tricky, the Chaos and Nightmare difficulties are only achieved with absolute perfect play and top tier weapons.

DW3 and Orochi 1 sure liked arrows volleys being near insta deaths on their hardest modes, makes it tense 24/7.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People complained that Hyrule Warriors wasn't a true Zelda game, too. No shit. It's not a Zelda game. It's not supposed to be.

Uh, yes it is. It features all Zelda characters and Zelda settings. it's a Zelda game. Not a typical Zelda game, but a Zelda game nonetheless. It's just a spinoff. Saying it isn't a Zelda game is like saying Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Mario sports games aren't Mario games.

I can already see it, "Emblem Warriors" or better yet, "Warriors of the Emblem".

Of course IS would probably come up with a way better title than me, those were pretty basic.

I think this would be a great crossover, being honest, if we can get a SMT crossover, surely we can get this. SMT is the last thing I would've thought for a FE crossover, don't get me wrong, that game looks awesome nonetheless. I played Hyrule Warriors, the crossover between Zelda and the Warrior series, and it was awesome. Fire Emblem, already having that semi-style of gameplay would fit perfectly in.

I could really see this coming after the release of Fates, not just because I want it but I really think it would be a big seller.

The only problem would be flying units. I'm not very familiar with the Warriors series itself, so I currently have no idea if they have ever had a flying unit as an available fighter. I could see the flying units becoming a little akward, with the actual fighter riding on something. However, now that I think about it, Link had his Epona DLC in Hyrule Warriors, so they could definitely do mounted units, but flying units would still be a challenge to make their gameplay acceptable and look good at the same time.

DW3 and Orochi 1 sure liked arrows volleys being near insta deaths on their hardest modes, makes it tense 24/7.

yes they did, hell, arrows are always a problem, either slowing you down from getting to where you wanna go or actually lethal.

they were scary in DW7 because they did DW3 tier damage without the flinch, so the damage can really add up without you noticing if you aren't keeping track of your health.

yes they did, hell, arrows are always a problem, either slowing you down from getting to where you wanna go or actually lethal.

they were scary in DW7 because they did DW3 tier damage without the flinch, so the damage can really add up without you noticing if you aren't keeping track of your health.

Very true, this, especially when they have crossbows.

But in DW7, wasn't there like a "ding" kind of sound when you got hit by arrows or something? Or was that on higher difficulties?

Very true, this, especially when they have crossbows.

But in DW7, wasn't there like a "ding" kind of sound when you got hit by arrows or something? Or was that on higher difficulties?

i think there was a sound effect, but it wasn't particularly loud, it might get drowned out from all the talking, combat crys, and techno rock music.

also i remember how in 7, arrows wouldn't make you flinch, unless if you were mounted, in which you'd be knocked off.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

The only problem would be flying units. I'm not very familiar with the Warriors series itself, so I currently have no idea if they have ever had a flying unit as an available fighter. I could see the flying units becoming a little akward, with the actual fighter riding on something. However, now that I think about it, Link had his Epona DLC in Hyrule Warriors, so they could definitely do mounted units, but flying units would still be a challenge to make their gameplay acceptable and look good at the same time.

Mounts are a common thing to see in Warriors games, flying ones? Haven't been done, but considering how much they were able to do with Hyrule Warriors that felt entirely Zelda, I wouldn't worry about them not implementing stuff like Pegasus or Wyverns. They'd probably have to be close to the ground though, or something, I'm not sure of the actual implementation, but I'm sure they'd use them somehow.

Stuff like the weapon triangle would be fairly easy to implement too, considering Dynasty Warriors 8 has kind of a rock, paper, scissors weapon system along with a switch weapon system.

Edited by Jedi