Confessions of the Emblem

MCProductions

honestly I just feel like he has a bunch of lookalike Ragnells that he throws at people

I mean not only does he not have Aether he has a limited use Ragnell that he throws at people

Meh, I blame Awakening's shitty animations, and making Aether exclusive to Chrom and daughter Lords.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confessions

- I think Ike is most likely asexual/aromantic, but Ike/Elincia is still my favorite pairing ever. I also like Ike/Lethe.

- Also despite my views on Ike's sexuality and romance, I fully accept Priam as Ike's direct descendant. I don't think IS would make Priam just to say "haha jk, he's just some random liar".

- I too don't like Ike/Soren, simply because Soren is far too dependent on him. For a homosexual ship, I much much much prefer Ike/Ranulf.

- Because Eliwood/Lyn was my first ever paired ending, I thought they were canon until I did research.

- I think Awakening was by far the worst FE brought to the west, and maybe even in the series, and yet I still had a lot of fun with it.

- I almost constantly trash talk Fates, and yet I preordered the special edition and am secretly hoping the game will prove me wrong by playing it.

Headcanons

- In the timeskip between PoR and RD, Ike and Elincia had a secret relationship. Given Ike's feelings about Lordship and the idea of a mercenary marrying a Queen, they broke it off, but they will always have feelings for each other.

- Priam is so obsessed with training because he doesn't feel he's worthy of being Ike's descendant.

- Severa is bisexual, and has a crush on Lucina, and it's probably mutual.

- Since I like the idea of Lon'qu being the father of Inigo, Inigo's behavior was also a way for him to not have the same fear as his father.

- Camus/Sirius was the one to kill Hardin after his possession, and shortly before his death Hardin realized it was Camus that Nyna truly loved.

Okay, here's a few awkward ones of mine:

In my first playthrough of Shadow Dragon, I had no idea what I was doing and made some really stupid mistakes. Here's a list of mistakes I made:

-I never checked the stats of any of my units.

-I literally killed every recruitable enemy unit except Navarre.

-I only used Marth, Jagen, Caeda, Abel, Navarre, and Wrys.

-I forgot Marth could visit houses after recruiting Wrys.

-I didn't know I could control any of the units that joined at the start of the battle, and the only one I remember surviving was Sedgar.

-I never visited any houses, storages, or arenas.

-I didn't know the difference between defense and resistance.

As for som non-FE11 confessions:

-I often use theives as targets for enemies and put them on a space that improves evasion. There was one time when I played FE4 where I sent Dew to the bottom-most village in Chapter 1 by turn 3. When I tried moving him out of the way, the enemy soldiers dogpiled him. Through immense amounts of luck, Dew survived.

-Myrmidons are my favorite unpromoted class, but I think they should improve a bit more when promoting.

-I hate Lute from FE8 for being too much of a Mary Sue.

-I didn't have much trouble recruiting Severa in FE13. It wasn't that I was grinding too much, either.

-I DESPISE re-classing because it ruins the uniqueness of a character's class.

-I LOVE the world map in FE8.

-I do, however, think FE8 should have been harder.

-I cant bear the fatigue system in FE5.

-I don't think FE10 was all that hard on normal mode.

- I think I look like a real-life Oifey.

Okay, here's a few awkward ones of mine:

In my first playthrough of Shadow Dragon, I had no idea what I was doing and made some really stupid mistakes. Here's a list of mistakes I made:

-I never checked the stats of any of my units.

-I literally killed every recruitable enemy unit except Navarre.

-I only used Marth, Jagen, Caeda, Abel, Navarre, and Wrys.

-I forgot Marth could visit houses after recruiting Wrys.

-I didn't know I could control any of the units that joined at the start of the battle, and the only one I remember surviving was Sedgar.

-I never visited any houses, storages, or arenas.

-I didn't know the difference between defense and resistance.

As for som non-FE11 confessions:

-I often use theives as targets for enemies and put them on a space that improves evasion. There was one time when I played FE4 where I sent Dew to the bottom-most village in Chapter 1 by turn 3. When I tried moving him out of the way, the enemy soldiers dogpiled him. Through immense amounts of luck, Dew survived.

-Myrmidons are my favorite unpromoted class, but I think they should improve a bit more when promoting.

-I hate Lute from FE8 for being too much of a Mary Sue.

-I didn't have much trouble recruiting Severa in FE13. It wasn't that I was grinding too much, either.

-I DESPISE re-classing because it ruins the uniqueness of a character's class.

-I LOVE the world map in FE8.

-I do, however, think FE8 should have been harder.

-I cant bear the fatigue system in FE5.

-I don't think FE10 was all that hard on normal mode.

- I think I look like a real-life Oifey.

These are my opinions, and please do not get mad. Well, you can get mad, just take it easy on me. I'm bad at "Fried Endgrub".

- I think shadow dragon gets too much hate. It's fine.

- I like the reclassing system, and don't think it takes away the immersion. I believe this argument of "can't just make an armor knight a mage, cause immersion or roles" is invalid in shadow dragon especially. The characters you use are either too good in their original class to be messed with, or they have no placement or real dialogue in the story, so immersion does not matter for them.

- I love the Idea of Berserk staves/status. I wish they'd bring it back.

- I believe that Fire Emblem (my own little head cannon) is actually a set of history books, with Anna being the Historian/Author. She messes with the details, so that's how she is able to be in every game.

- I miss old FE characters designs...

- After all these years of playing FE, I honestly still care about looks more than stats Unless their stats were extremely terrible.

- I dislike mages (from PoR and on).

- I prefer physical attackers than mages, but I still use few.
- I think Inigo is the best 2nd gen kid in Awakening. Stats and personality wise.
- Haar, Rolf, Edward, and Mia were beasts in RD. I believe they're the strongest.

- Jill was so strong in PoR but sucked so bad in RD

- I still think Hector is the best lord out of all FE lords imo. Ephraim comes next to him.

- Nino is my most favorite mage.

EDIT:

- I also have a thing for greenheads.

Edited by BeMine96

But Jill is really good in RD! Her bases suck but she can grow into Haar with a better speed cap.

Really? She sucked with me. Like, her strength and defense will BARELY grow. I kept babying her and stuff but she was still useless. I guess I was unlucky with her.

I always dump general units because they usually don't double (Gatrie was an exception, and iirc I dumped him at the end anyways)

I thought Janaff was female at first

I would never create a canon with Robin and one of the Awakening children, that concept just seems wrong and thus whenever I see Robin x Lucina stories I die a little inside

I like mounted units way too much. I don't think I could be satisfied pairing Robin up to anyone other than Cordelia or Cherche (Sumia can go to Chrom) because everyone else seems either like a little kid or too quirky (Sully). Maybe I just have a thing for redheaded female flying mount characters cause I also liked Jill and to some extent Marcia whose hair color isn't too far off. In a similar vein I'm going through Awakening with a female Avatar and I had to resist not pairing her up with a cavalier, those guys went to other people for specific children skills

I do like Geoffrey/Elincia, although I remember reading this one AU fanfiction long ago about Geoff/Nephenee and I much approve of this just because I wanted her to get some partner after the events of the Tellius games.

Zihark/Mia too cause I really like sword users and his outfit is white enough? haven't played Tellius games in a while

I guess I could do another one of these.

It's time for more confessions.

-I thought Erk was female until Ch. 10 of FE7. Same with Lucius.

-It took me 2 whole games to realise Janaff's gender.

-I hardcore ship Vaike x Nowi.

-I think future children were great in Awakening, but never used them.

-I used Dorcas on my first playthrough of FE7. He actually got very good level ups.

-I have a running gag where I worship Brom like a god.

-I once slipped up in words and called Nino "my favorite giraffe".

-I personally think future children shouldn't be in Fates because they have nothing to do with the plot.

-I always use the Afa's Drops on Heath.

-I forged a hammer once and called it "Status Quo".

-Ships like Marth/Roy, Roy/Ike, Marth/Ike are garbo.
-I only felt a little bit bad for killing Alvis.

-I would turn gay for Finn. No homo.

-Shanan and Shanam should meet each other.

-I ship Leif/Sara mad hard but I still approve of Leif/Nanna.
-I'm a Sara fanboy.

-I want to have another FE game with leadership stars implemented. (I'm talking about Thracia's leadership star system but Holy War's system is also nice)

-Narcian is my favorite big boss in Binding Blade.

-I've always liked the Hector/Florina pairing.

-I wished that Ike and Mia's support wasn't just removed.

-I'm not a big fan of Ike's ending in RD.

-I'm not a fan of the avatar system.

-The recruitable characters in Awakening that are supposed to be dead should just stay dead.

-It always bothers me when Cordelia keeps mentioning Chrom even though she's already married.

-I dislike the reclass and pair-up system.

-I wish IS could make the children system again where the time actually passes by.

-I like how Fates changed the weapon triangle.

That's all I can think of right now. I love the emoticons in this website. :Sara::Sara::Sara:

- I finished FE7 once in the past, but cannot play any of the GBA Fire Emblems today. I get through a couple stages at most before losing interest.

- I have yet to play Radiant Dawn.

- Despite being less broken in Fates, I still don't like Pair Up.

I play Fire Emblem for fun sometimes.

I quit Thracia and haven't gone back after one lockpick getting stolen and the another broken before chapter 5. Durability, my age old enemy.

I tried to use Sophia because she was so cute but she's too awful.

I play Fire Emblem for fun sometimes.

I quit Thracia and haven't gone back after one lockpick getting stolen and the another broken before chapter 5. Durability, my age old enemy.

I tried to use Sophia because she was so cute but she's too awful.

Playing a video game for fun? Now that's a concept I haven't heard of before ;)

Anywho, in my attempts at FE1 a few years back I never knew Wrys existed. That is until I played it again a few months ago.

- After all these years of playing FE, I honestly still care about looks more than stats .

Oh my god, bless.

I'll say, I am religious about supports, like to an unhealthy extent I make sure everyone possible has a pairing, even if it's like a mounted unit curtailing their movement by 4 every time to support with a mage or something

I would have been a puddle of guts by the end of FE4 if I hadn't violently abused save states

I thought Midir / Midayle from FE4 was female until I looked him up on fire emblem wiki, after finishing the game. I was applauding the game for showing such early support for the LGBT community by enabling the pair-up of Midir and Aideen and I thought it was a glitch that said that they were the parents of Lester and Lana, later. (like I thought they were an earlier lesbo version of Raven/Lucius.)

Lbr, I suck at fire emblem, that's my main confession, I use no strategy and have never done any LTC runs

-I hate reclassing and if I have to for skills, I will still return the character to their original class at the end.

-I tend to use mostly male characters.

-^Makes pairing them off difficult so I usually don't think about ships.

-^I hate dealing with children like in Awakening and If because all above reasons.

- I actually think Tharja has good supports and she gets too much hate.

- CordeliaxRobin is still my favorite OTP in any video game

- I have never recruited Cath

- I have and always will despise Lyn's mode and Lyn herself

- In games where it's available I always choose casual

- I was actually stuck on PoR endgame for a while on easy mode (stupid op dragons)

- I thought Veteran was an useless skill on my first Awakening playthrough

- I actually like the children mechanic

- It bothers that the Conquest seems to be way more popular than Birthright

- I can't get into FE 4 or 5 because of the graphics (petty I know)

- I honestly don't care about Objectives variety

• 2 weeks later...

- I couldn't care less about stats. Unless they are too bad. I use characters I like more than the ones that are the best.

- I am conflicted with Second Seals. I like it because it helps make characters that arent good in the original class become better with a different, but I don't like the abuse of them.

-I really like the current support system, and hope the whole marriage thing stays. It adds more depth and replay value to the game. Its one of the things that causes me to replay awakening.

-I Rarely use the second gen in awakening. I only use Gerome, Inigo, and Lucina.

-I find the idea of being able to S support the 2nd gen really creepy. Same with the younger sisters in Fates. They are your sisters, and are children. Its not right.

-I don't think Nowi looks like a child, she looks more like an elf to me. Same thing with Nyx.

- While I don't use the child units, and don't s support any of them either, I still really enjoy it. Its something pretty unique to Fire Emblem that not a lot of games do.

-I thought Radiant Dawn and Awakenings stories were fine. Yeah they had plot holes, but they had good ideas, and weren't horrible.

-I used to hate Lucina, don't even know why. After a while she grew on me, and now I think she is pretty cool.

-Defense and Indoor maps are my favorite,

-I have never, and probably wont play anything before Path of Radiance. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't have a working gameboy, and don't feel like dishing out 100s for 1 game.