Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: who are you?

Quintessence

Oh wow, you're a lot higher leveled than I was at Poliwrath River :O Poliwrath River is like chapter 6 IIRC, and the Yveltal fight isn't until Chapter 21, so you've got a loooooooooooooooooong way to go~

The recommended level at that point is around level 34, though seeing as you're at level 18 already I doubt you'll have any problems. I was at level 25 when I went up against Yveltal, and I managed to win the battle... somehow >u>

Omg yeah I was only like level 13~14 at Poliwrath River.

I am quite enjoying this game. It feels weird to get some stuff so early like Dragonite though.

I do have my brother's copy of Gates that I traded him Time for a few months ago. I started it with Oshawott and Snivy. It's actually pretty fun and it's sharing my 3DS with a few other games

Omg yeah I was only like level 13~14 at Poliwrath River.

I am quite enjoying this game. It feels weird to get some stuff so early like Dragonite though.

I do have my brother's copy of Gates that I traded him Time for a few months ago. I started it with Oshawott and Snivy. It's actually pretty fun and it's sharing my 3DS with a few other games

I think the game is actually pretty well balanced, though it does really trip me up to get Mons like Dragonite and Salamance ludicrously early. I like that they can't be used more than once a day/dungeon/whatever if they're way above your own level though. Though some things I don't like quite as much are mostly how the neutral attack was nerfed, forcing me to almost always use up PP, even on weaker enemies. It's more of a nitpick than anything, I think, but it still bothers me quite a lot.

And man, I only just now found out that you can only give your partner a gender!

I wanted to be the cute Pikachu with the heart tail, not my partner ;-;

I got Mudkip with a male Tepig as a partner. It was. . .interesting.

Now, for a lot of technical stuff. . .

- This game introduces wands! They're infinite-range (or far enough away to not make a huge difference) linear attacks that can confuse/sleep/petrify/warp enemy Pokemon (but do be careful with Warp, lest you accidentally warp your teammates!), or you can use an enemy Pokemon to reposition yourself! They're quite powerful, and you get them really early. Unlike seeds/spikes/rocks, an enemy Pokemon can't throw it back at you.

- There's also loopets and emeras - the former being an equip with slots, and the latter being nice little power-ups you find in the dungeon. Proper emera usage will make or break a run. Know when to set an emera, and when to use it for a stat boost!

- When you combine both factors, you get a run that's still hard, but doable. Postgame is where it's at, though - the emera quality goes up A LOT.

• 1 month later...

Can we reopen this topic now that it's out in Europe? (Well, it's out tomorrow, but I got it early.)

I got Piplup, with Tepig as a partner.

And yeah, this game is always pulling pressure on you. Not that it bothers me. So far it's really fun.

ANd then there was the fight against the level 50 Salamence (when my team is around level 15) I abused Alliance Atacks and finished up with a Blast Seed (each attack was OHKO. I really thought I was done for...)

So far, I'm at Chapter 7.

Can we reopen this topic now that it's out in Europe? (Well, it's out tomorrow, but I got it early.)

I got Piplup, with Tepig as a partner.

And yeah, this game is always pulling pressure on you. Not that it bothers me. So far it's really fun.

ANd then there was the fight against the level 50 Salamence (when my team is around level 15) I abused Alliance Atacks and finished up with a Blast Seed (each attack was OHKO. I really thought I was done for...)

So far, I'm at Chapter 7.

I read your post and went to a nearby retailer and saw.... and bought it.... Couldn't resist.

So far the renditions are nice but the other musics are a bit underwhelming... It fits the slow pace of the beginning of the story but I hope that the music will get better....

I first did pick answers I found fun and got Mudkip. Then I retried it more seriously and got Totodile. (How is a totodile going to pull the strings in the background anyway ? xD) I am glad I got him, but I expected it to be Cyndaquil then the screen had to go on a bit further....

And my partner is.... Tepig. I could have got Cyndaquil or Fennekin, or even Torchic, but Tepig was a let down... Well, I guess it's okay and I'll stick with him (he fits his character so far and he still have some...cuteness ? )

After I complete the story, I'll try to be Cyndaquil without cheating :p

Edited by Luxian

I read your post and went to a nearby retailer and saw.... and bought it.... Couldn't resist.

So far the renditions are nice but the other musics are a bit underwhelming... It fits the slow pace of the beginning of the story but I hope that the music will get better....

I first did pick answers I found fun and got Mudkip. Then I retried it more seriously and got Totodile. (How is a totodile going to pull the strings in the background anyway ? xD) I am glad I got him, but I expected it to be Cyndaquil then the screen had to go on a bit further....

And my partner is.... Tepig. I could have got Cyndaquil or Fennekin, or even Torchic, but Tepig was a let down... Well, I guess it's okay and I'll stick with him (he fits his character so far and he still have some...cuteness ? )

After I complete the story, I'll try to be Cyndaquil without cheating :p

Him or her? Because it's a girl in my game

At least, they will serve their job as emmeregency ration, should the case emerge...

My first answer gave me Chikorita with Pikachu as a partner, but that didn't really pleased me, and I wasn't that happy of my answers.

Him or her? Because it's a girl in my game

At least, they will serve their job as emmeregency ration, should the case emerge...

My first answer gave me Chikorita with Pikachu as a partner, but that didn't really pleased me, and I wasn't that happy of my answers.

Good, Question.... Sorry I'm not sure where to check it. If you mean the color of the name in ourstatus, then it's blue so it would make Tepig a he. (I don't think that's it) And I didn't pay much attention but my Totodile might have said he was a bit annoying. But again I didn't ay much attention, so I may be misleading you.

I'll try to give you the right answer later !

I just am learning about Alliances. At first, I thought Watchog told us to press B but I look carefully and it's the R button... Mine is broken.... There is nothing left I can do right ?

Good, Question.... Sorry I'm not sure where to check it. If you mean the color of the name in ourstatus, then it's blue so it would make Tepig a he. (I don't think that's it) And I didn't pay much attention but my Totodile might have said he was a bit annoying. But again I didn't ay much attention, so I may be misleading you.

I'll try to give you the right answer later !

I just am learning about Alliances. At first, I thought Watchog told us to press B but I look carefully and it's the R button... Mine is broken.... There is nothing left I can do right ?

Her name is in orange for me. Not sure how that part is decided

(though looking at the Jukebox, they decided to make her always female in the French Version. Not sure why.)

I fear it's the case, sorry.

And this part is really tricky. It took me many time to get it right with Watchog explanation.

Her name is in orange for me. Not sure how that part is decided

(though looking at the Jukebox, they decided to make her always female in the French Version. Not sure why.)

I fear it's the case, sorry.

And this part is really tricky. It took me many time to get it right with Watchog explanation.

In that case then mine too.

Truth to be told, I did the test twice after getting Totodile (twice, lucky me) and I tried both answers for my partner... And got Tepig twice. After a bit a thinking I thought "Cool !" was male and "Cute~" was female... If you say so then I must have been wrong.

Other blind guess but what did you choose for the season/drawing the sea question ? I believe I got Totodile because I choose Winter/Cobalt, but do you think I'd get Cyndaquil if I choose Summer/Crystal clear or Chikorita if I choose Spring/green or Fall/Orange water ? (Though I might have shuffled the drawing answers a bit, I forgot the order of these

I see... So I have to hope FE N3DS or the XL version to come out so I can play the rest of the story... I wanna cry...

In that case then mine too.

Truth to be told, I did the test twice after getting Totodile (twice, lucky me) and I tried both answers for my partner... And got Tepig twice. After a bit a thinking I thought "Cool !" was male and "Cute~" was female... If you say so then I must have been wrong.

Other blind guess but what did you choose for the season/drawing the sea question ? I believe I got Totodile because I choose Winter/Cobalt, but do you think I'd get Cyndaquil if I choose Summer/Crystal clear or Chikorita if I choose Spring/green or Fall/Orange water ? (Though I might have shuffled the drawing answers a bit, I forgot the order of these

I see... So I have to hope FE N3DS or the XL version to come out so I can play the rest of the story... I wanna cry...

I chosed Cool, so i'm not sure.

Well, the queston are randomized, and I'm nearly sure I never saw those.

Well, Alliance are pretty important to beat boss, since there is high chance you'll constantly be underleveled (You think you have plenty time to play around, but that's wrong.)