Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

... kind of. If you're a male, you're locked out of Oni Savage unless you went out and chose it yourself.

oh, I got it then :) and for Soleil think good in a good pair and buddy, in skill terms you can buy skills from another player Soleil (for example I'm going to put Soleil in my team :) )

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrin can buddy seal with any same gender character once they reach A rank. For reference here is a list of classes and first gen with some 2nd gen and corrinsexuals italicized to fill in the gaps. Also they can't get the special classes Songstress, Wolfskin (Garou), Kitsune and VIllager.

Samurai - Hinata/Ryoma - Hana
Herb Merchant - Yukimura - Midoriko
Ninja - Kaze/Saizo - Kagero
Oni Savage - No Male - Rinkah
Spear Fighter - Shinonome - Oboro
Diviner (Spellcaster) - Hayato (Tsukuyomi)/Kaden (Nishiki) - Orochi
Priest(ess) - Azama - Sakura
Sky Knight (Pegasus Warrior) - Subaki - Hinoka/Azura
Archer- Takumi - Mozu/Setsuna

Cavalier - Silas/Xander - Peri
Knight - Benny - Effie
Fighter - Arthur/Flannel - Charlotte
Mercenary - Laslow (Lazward) - Selena
Outlaw - Niles - Nina (Eponine)
Wyvern Rider - Lutz - Camilla/Beruka
Dark Mage - Leo/Odin - Nyx
Troubadour - Jakob - Felicia/Elise

Edited by Frozen_Kappa

Has anybody tried temporarily going Brave Hero with Xander to get Sol as your proc skill instead of Luna? I gotta say I do appreciate Luna procs on the higher difficulties of the game, though, as Xander, believe it or not, often 1HKOs enemies he doesn't double and can sometimes even fail to 2HKO enemies he does double with, like, S-Charlotte. The vitality from running Sol could you give more confidence when facing really large groups of endgame foes.

The only time I've ever done Hero Xander was a mid chapter switch in N26 so that he would lose the beast weakness for the generals in the bottom room lol. Aside from that it's pretty hard for Xander to die to anything physical and Hero does nothing for his Res (he actually loses some!). It's a fun novelty idea if you don't mind dropping the horse for a bit.

Has anybody tried temporarily going Brave Hero with Xander to get Sol as your proc skill instead of Luna? I gotta say I do appreciate Luna procs on the higher difficulties of the game, though, as Xander, believe it or not, often 1HKOs enemies he doesn't double and can sometimes even fail to 2HKO enemies he does double with, like, S-Charlotte. The vitality from running Sol could you give more confidence when facing really large groups of endgame foes.

I have tried it many times and it becomes less and less useful.

If Xander is going to be killed, I don't have to let him go and pray for Sol now.

Beast Killer in C26 cannot ORKO Paladin!Xander.

Edited by Tooru

I guess the skills Xander really does want (besides Luna which isn't essential as most would agree) would be the ones from the Wyvern Rider class set. I haven't tried it myself but I imagine losing the sword access for so many levels (E axes E tomes as a RevNite is especially bad) to learn stuff like Swordbreaker and Overbearing considering you would start with skills like Cut Through and Strength+2 (one per level-up, so that's 4 levelups as a suboptimal class to get a good skill).

The most efficient way to use Xander is not reclassing him at all, I imagine, but this game makes reclassing for skills so easy otherwise that I keep dwelling on the idea.

I guess the skills Xander really does want (besides Luna which isn't essential as most would agree) would be the ones from the Wyvern Rider class set. I haven't tried it myself but I imagine losing the sword access for so many levels (E axes E tomes as a RevNite is especially bad) to learn stuff like Swordbreaker and Overbearing considering you would start with skills like Cut Through and Strength+2 (one per level-up, so that's 4 levelups as a suboptimal class to get a good skill).

The most efficient way to use Xander is not reclassing him at all, I imagine, but this game makes reclassing for skills so easy otherwise that I keep dwelling on the idea.

Which chapter do you think the 4 level-ups will be in?

N23 units are lv11~12. Without Siegfried, it may be hard to enter the great wall unless you want to waste some staves there.

N24 units are lv13~14. Enemies use Spell/Yumi/Shinrai Naginata. It will be hard to push his level to 15 because he cannot tank.

At the beginning of N25, Xander may still be a Wyvern.

Hard to say (depends on how many promoted enemies and bosses you've fed to him), but probably late enough into the game. You could start at -/11 or 12 when the game is a little easier. Surely enough, it will have little to do with efficiency. I'm fairly sure Siegfried will still be granting him the +4 def bonus even without sword rank, but it's not being able to counter with it that sucks.

Hard to say (depends on how many promoted enemies and bosses you've fed to him), but probably late enough into the game. You could start at -/11 or 12 when the game is a little easier. Surely enough, it will have little to do with efficiency. I'm fairly sure Siegfried will still be granting him the +4 def bonus even without sword rank, but it's not being able to counter with it that sucks.

The game is not easy when you are -/11, And you have to end with -/15.

A good chance for Xander to reclass to Wyvern Lord is C19. He will lose beast weakness and beat foxes with Beast Killer.

A flier is also helpful in N20 and maybe N21.

Xander will get Strength +2, Cut Through and Rally Defence.

Okay so I went with an RNG team and I want to know - are any of these even remotely decent/practical

KSKylZb.png

Hoshido

liCshsd.png

Nohr

yea, Sophie's in a weird spot because Magic mother both times... Lol

same for Ignis

Sorryforstealingyourtemplateimlazy

Also feel free to keep any pairs you like, it's your run. Just trying to be practical.

Sakura!Caeldori: Join at the same time, and have a fast support, which is as good as it gets there. Sakura gets nothing out of it, but Caeldori loves the balanced growths and solid enough mods. Passing down renewal will help her tremendously. Outside of that, nothing really groundbreaking, and Sakura is better else where.

Kagero!Grey: Kagero joins a few chapters away but no big deal. Passes Grey with lovely growths outside of magic. Gives him basara access which is a class he'll want. Also have quick supports so it's pretty great. Saizo gets magic classes from her which utilizes his huge magic growth.

Mozu!Mitama: Outside of aptitude, not great. With Azama being a priest, he suffers from relying on Mozu to gain it through fighting, and that means training her with a pretty bad pair up. She gives Azama bowman which is nice, and Mitama gets nice mods and aptitude, but she has a bit of collision with villager/herb merchant both having Great Merchant as a promotion.

Setsuna!Rhajat: Nothing to really gain out of it since Setsuna doesn't like magic/spd pair ups and she isn't very helpful to Rhajat's magic.The bowman class gives plenty of damage dealing skills she would like, but that's all I can think will be beneficial.

Kaze!Shigure & Azura!Midoriko: Great in everything outside of damage procs and Azura/Kaze both being speed pair ups. Both join together and very early, making this a very safe pair.

Hana!Hisame: The pairing itself is beneficial for either Hana or Hinata. Hinata was a quick wife, and Hana wants someone who can protect her. Shura access gives her Ogre Strike and Priest gives Hinata renewal. They join only a chapter away, so it's pretty solid timewise as well. Hisame gets priest as a tree, which he'll really only want to go towards for renewal, however. He'll basically be a hybrid swordmaster with no real weaknesses.

Corrin!Kisaragi & Takumi!Kanna: Depends on your avatar, can be very good to pointless. Thankfully, Takumi's personal works great with Kamui who will no doubt be higher leveled in comparison.

Orochi!Sophie: Just no. The best part about this pair is a speed pair up from Exorcist and early join time, as wellas Basara access.That's it.

Rinkah!Kinu: Rinkah is probably Hoshido's best physical wife pairup. So of course she will be good no matter what. Nishiki tends to be really quick though, so her speed can be a bit redundant. The Oni Savage line helps Kina's offense, and her defense can also help out quite well. However, Kinu will have the worst possible skill mods in the game. Keep that in mind. Rinkah doesn't get much from spellcaster outside of breaking sky.

Oboro!Shino: Almost no flaws at all. Great pair up, great stats, Line of Death/Extravagence, the list goes on. Easily one of shino's best mothers, Ryoma loves it as well, Oboro loves it.... I really can't think of why you'd not do this outside of Oboro being in high demand and that Ryoma joins kinda late for her.

The game is not easy when you are -/11, And you have to end with -/15.

A good chance for Xander to reclass to Wyvern Lord is C19. He will lose beast weakness and beat foxes with Beast Killer.

A flier is also helpful in N20 and maybe N21.

Xander will get Strength +2, Cut Through and Rally Defence.

I only just thought about this but... won't fliers have Open Assault active 100% of the time since they ignore terrain?

I only just thought about this but... won't fliers have Open Assault active 100% of the time since they ignore terrain?

Good question. But I doubt it.

Conquest
Peri!Deere: Not too good. Joker gets nothing from it, Peri gets troubador, which she won't need outside of resistance tanking, which she's good at by default. Deere gets balanced growths and such, but he doesn't utilize the dark mage line well outside of Dark Knight and life taker.

Camilla!Lutz: Not hard to do, but is the worst possible luck based pairing in the game. Everywhere else, Lutz excels in, and Camilla gets the fighter line which is fantastic, while Harold gets wyverns that carry his axe rank. Thanks to the dark mage line, Lutz also has bowbreaker access, making him a monster flier with little to fear.

Corrin!Ophelia & Odin!Kanna: +Mag Corrin or bust. Great all around, and benefits most with spellcaster as our secondary to pass down tomefaire/breaking sky. Requires grinding, but Odin joins early and it's an easy ship. Kanna is in the same boat, but he has a better option of being a mixed mage fighter.

Effie!Midoriko: Pretty fantastic. Midoriko wants a strong and fast mom if she's going physical. Knight line gives her Luna as a proc, and Kaze's pair up can help Effie's low base speed. Neither one really care about class swapping though.

Charlotte!Nina: I wouldn't want to use Charlotte's STR to fix her up, but it makes Nina a glass cannon. Niles gets a wife that completely kills his low strength problem, but he'll always be quick which means his speed boost isnt as appreciated. Also he gets fighter from Harold, and Charlotte doesn't like the outlaw line.

Selena!Soliel: About as safe as they come. Basically makes a flawless version of Laslow with pegasus access, although swallow strike alone helps if Laslow has some speed issues. Luna does get copycat though. Easy to do, only a few chapters apart.

Nyx!Sophie: Better stats, but worse pair ups because of classes. Sophie just doesnt want a magic mom. Make Nyx an adventurer and have her support him throughout.

Leo!Shigure & Azura!Foleo: Both will be great staff bots, and Azura's speed really helps. Bowbreaker means Shigure can stay a falcon, and Foleo is almost unscrewable. Although I wouldn't recommend it because Azura is desired elsewhere.

Mozu!Siegbert: Solid kid, and Mozume gets a good class she can use lances in, but Xander doesn't get much, as he really doesn't want to grind through the bowman class.

Beruka!Velour: Pair for spares. Velour is always great, and she has fighter+wyvern access, which is always great. Not that great otherwise. Might want to stick to Wolfskin or Berserker. Flannel gets a great support wife though.

Elise!Ingis: Good for protecting Elise through pair up, and that's literally it. There is nothing else I could really recommend. It's utter shit for Ignis.

Someone pls confirm this

What does she need it for? Sacrifice her flight and mobility for four level-ups to get Axefaire? Better just learn Overbearing already.

+4 Spd, +5 Str, +6 HP, +20 Crit over Malig but also -3 Def and -6 Res

if she's Support in Pair up, +5 Str, +3 Spd, -1 Mov, -2 Def/Res

+5 HP, +4 Str, +3 Spd, +20 Crit over Wyvern Lord but also -5 Def, -1 Res

if Support, Pair up is +2 Str, +3 Spd, -3 Def

so offensively, this change is great for her offensive capabilities if the Mov/flight isn't too much of an issue

text snip

yeah fortunately/unfortunately for me it was rng chosen (dice rolled actually)

I'll probably stick with them but not get as many kids as I had wanted...

I think fliers will still get terrain effects if they stand on woods/mountain/village/pillar/fort

Would a +Mag/-Lck Diviner Corrin prefer Felicia or Jakob? Felicia gives more magic and speed which is nice, but Jakob's personal is better and gives more bulk and move.

Depends.. for Kanna sake, Felicia is better, but for Corrin sake, Jakob is better.

What does she need it for? Sacrifice her flight and mobility for four level-ups to get Axefaire? Better just learn Overbearing already.

It's definitely practical due to axe rank retention, but probably not efficient. fwiw I've done it a few times for fun. HP +5 and the increased growth spread is nice, and stacking Overbearing and Axefaire is good if you want Cam to OHKO N26 Generals as a Wyvern. You're better off spending the switch in some kid paralogues though since her mobility is important for the main campaign maps.

Would a +Mag/-Lck Diviner Corrin prefer Felicia or Jakob? Felicia gives more magic and speed which is nice, but Jakob's personal is better and gives more bulk and move.

I'd argue Jakob. Butler Jakob still gives spd/mag as well as Diviner having high mag in addition to giving crazy avoid and -3 damage received. If you were using a build that doesn't have high mag (+Mag Cavalier) then Felicia would be the better option but in this case Jakob wins.