Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

If you use a Kamui build that can't take on the boss in N25, what do you do? Do you have to rely on Niles w/ Kunai Breaker for Lunatic?

It becomes a slog that uses up all the draw and freeze staves you have lol. A very well trained Zero does make it waaay less of a hassle though.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What MU builds can take the Ch25 Boss on? Ninja has Snake Venom, SM has Astra, Maybe a GN/Paladin with the Luna proc?

Priest(ess) has Renewal.

Wyvern Rider has Deadly Breath and/or Swordbreaker.

Proc is not what you need.

If you use a Kamui build that can't take on the boss in N25, what do you do? Do you have to rely on Niles w/ Kunai Breaker for Lunatic?

If we use Bow Knight Niles, it will be a little harder for him to get Pass. Adventurer Niles cannot ensure an ORKO so it may take more turns.

Another Bow Knight will save turns and make the right side easy.

There are "Expert Yumi + Cut Through" on left side.

Freeze has much better uses than Draw here: higher hit, no need to beat the target, and we have a free one from Elise.

Edited by Tooru

Hm yea there are other pretty good Bow Knights like Selena, Nina or maybe even Laslo you could train, then Niles could stay Adventurer. Out of curiosity what are the doubling benchmarks needed for the N25 Lunatic Ninjas? I imagine it's something crazy high, probably only Niles or Kaze could reach them. Kaze probably gets destroyed anayways because of negative chain.

Edit: now that I think about it Kaze probably gets 2-3 HKOed anyways so negative chain isn't even a big deal. Negative Chain prevents Xander, Camilla, and Leo from tanking.

Edited by OurBoyRoy

C25 Ryoma takes far less damage from attacks and skill activations but full damage from criticals, so that's something you could try in a pinch. No clue if Snake Venom / kunai debuffs work on him, though.

Poison skills and debuffs can work, but the effect is halved. (Snake Venom: HP -10%, Dragon Curse: Stats -2)

Out of curiosity what are the doubling benchmarks needed for the N25 Lunatic Ninjas? I imagine it's something crazy high, probably only Niles or Kaze could reach them.

They have 31+2 Spd, so you need 38 Spd.

Usually you will have all kinds of resources now, so bonus of foods can be reliable. Stack foods with tonics and pair-up bonus and the requirement will be about 30+ Spd.

20/15 Bow Knight Niles has 33.5 Spd.

20/15 Bow Knight Luna has 32.4.

20/15 Bow Knight Asyura has 29.5.

20/15 Bow Knight Anna has 28.7. (Maybe you can let Asura/Anna get Pass as Adventurer, and promote Niles to Bow Knight.)

There are some fast unit who don't naturally have access to Bow Knight.

Not only our Falcon Warriors, but also some capturable enemies in N23 have Rally Speed.

With the cost of one unit's turns, doubling ninjas will be much easier.

Hm yea there are other pretty good Bow Knights like Selena, Nina or maybe even Laslo you could train, then Niles could stay Adventurer. Out of curiosity what are the doubling benchmarks needed for the N25 Lunatic Ninjas? I imagine it's something crazy high, probably only Niles or Kaze could reach them. Kaze probably gets destroyed anayways because of negative chain.

Edit: now that I think about it Kaze probably gets 2-3 HKOed anyways so negative chain isn't even a big deal. Negative Chain prevents Xander, Camilla, and Leo from tanking.

The real problem with negative chain isn't the defense reduction, it's that they all have Silver Shuriken which reduces speed by 4.

Basically, the most headache-free solution to that map is to have MU who can handle Ryoma on his own and preferably quickly. You can't cheese through chapter 26 in any way however...

The most headache-free one is to keep MU alive forever by Sun God+Healing Voice.

Then you can do whatever you want: wasting hundreds of turns for stats recovering, or beating Ryoma by somebody outside with Javelin.

He moves/aggros after turn 20 on LM and turn 25 on HM. You could potentially have someone wait outside the door's range with Sun God and indeed, take as many turns as necessary to beat him after he aggros lol. I've never thought of that.

Anyone ever try using a mounted Ryoma? I had him buddy Silas and figured since Ryoma is the one who does most of the fighting out of the two, he might as well be the mounted one, so I buddy seal'd him into a Paladin and Silas to an SM. Let's see how it goes, but so far it's been uncanny (Quickdraw Katana gives Silas overkill speed while Ryoma can fail to double things if he's paired up with somebody else).

Anyone ever try using a mounted Ryoma? I had him buddy Silas and figured since Ryoma is the one who does most of the fighting out of the two, he might as well be the mounted one, so I buddy seal'd him into a Paladin and Silas to an SM. Let's see how it goes, but so far it's been uncanny (Quickdraw Katana gives Silas overkill speed while Ryoma can fail to double things if he's paired up with somebody else).

Well that's certainly interesting...it'd also depend on the difficulty and which route though, but let me see.....

(Also Pairups and speed are pretty important yeah, I guess..)

Base Level Ryoma as a Paladin only has 21 AS with the Raijin, so it's actually pretty crappy for that point in the game...though it's hard to say for sure...

Bit ironic but Ryoma's not actually that fast when compared to the real fast characters, and his base isn't that high either (though the other fast characters don't necessarily have high bases etiher)

Compared to H21 enemies, Ryoma can't actually double any of them on Hard/Lunatic (they all have like 20 ish AS or more, and they're "only" Level 20/5)

He loses 4 points of speed but gets +2 str/def and the Outdoor Fighter skill for 3 more points of damage. 20 AS is fairly high (Scarlet has 19 at base and that's pretty good for a class oriented towards raw physical stats) and he now doesn't need to be carried somewhere by a mount since he's a mount himself.

So far I can't find anything wrong with this choice, but we'll see how it'll work out in the end.

edit: I guess the wrong things would be... no S-rank swords, no Trueblade innate class bonuses, no Swordfaire without a double reclass back to SM (you should still have Astra since you're likely getting one level-up while getting A Silas support).

Edited by Espinosa

He loses 4 points of speed but gets +2 str/def and the Outdoor Fighter skill for 3 more points of damage. 20 AS is fairly high (Scarlet has 19 at base and that's pretty good for a class oriented towards raw physical stats) and he now doesn't need to be carried somewhere by a mount since he's a mount himself.

So far I can't find anything wrong with this choice, but we'll see how it'll work out in the end.

edit: I guess the wrong things would be... no S-rank swords, no Trueblade innate class bonuses, no Swordfaire without a double reclass back to SM (you should still have Astra since you're likely getting one level-up while getting A Silas support).

Huh. On that note, I don't really think that the bonuses from being in a specialized class are all they're cracked up to be, and I think you're not missing out on much by not having anyone to use the S rank weapons...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

couly you give me a good buddys for this characters?

Effie!Deeree married with Velour, Final class (Bulter)

Setsuna!Nina married with Shinonome, Final Class (Adventurer)

Sakura!Foleo married with Rhajat, Final Class (Strategist) I'm thinking in Shigure

Charlotte!Gurei married with Kinu, Final Class (Elite Ninja)

Oboro!Hisame married with Ophelia, Final Class (Weapon Master)

Rinkah!Ignis married with Caeldori, Final Class (General or Shura)

Peri!Soleil!Kanna married with Lutz, Final Class (White Blood)

Hana!Kinu married with Gurei, Final Class (Nine-tailed Fox)

Elise!Kisaragi married with Midoriko, Final Class (Holy Bowman)

Kagero!Lutz married with Samurai!Kanna, Final Class (Wyvern Lord)

Selena!Caeldori married with Ignis, Final Class (Dark Flier or Falcon Knight)

Mozu!Mitama married with Shigure, Final Class (War Priestess)

Oboro!Ophelia married with Hisame, Final Class (Sage (or Omyoyi IDK))

Hinoka!Siegbert married with Sophie, Final Class (Paladin)

Azura!Sophie married with Siegbert, Final Class (Great Knight)

Nyx!Rhajat married with Foleo, Final Class (Sourcerer)

Beruka!Velour married with Deree, Final Class (Garou)

at least give me a few option for good characters, not all of them

Sakura!Foleo married with Rhajat, Final Class (Strategist) I'm thinking in Shigure

Oboro!Ophelia married with Hisame, Final Class (Sage (or Omyoyi IDK))

mmmm the only problem i see are oboro!ophelia, which isn't even possible in game, elfie!deere, and belka!velour

So from what I've made out of several discussion, the general concensus is Effie > Benny. I plan on marrying Benny in my Nohr run since I'm a softie for softies, and want to know what I'm getting into. So just a couple questions

1. Is he bad or just simply outclassed by Effie?

2. What class/skills would be best for him?

3. What assets would be optimal for my MC? I'm not too worried about making Ignis super strong, as I probably won't worry about the Nohrian children until I play Revelation.

4. Why aren't more people talking about how adorable he is?

So from what I've made out of several discussion, the general concensus is Effie > Benny. I plan on marrying Benny in my Nohr run since I'm a softie for softies, and want to know what I'm getting into. So just a couple questions

3. What assets would be optimal for my MC? I'm not too worried about making Ignis super strong, as I probably won't worry about the Nohrian children until I play Revelation.

Wouldn't say he's bad, just the knightest of knights and Effie has this vulgar strength growth with a personal skill that makes her hit even harder.

1. Effie is just unique, she has +3 Str and +1 Spd but -1 Def and Res though she starts off as Knight.. So she will be faster and hit harder than Benny..

2. He has major issue with speed, so maybe he wants Swallow Strike skill from Pegasus Warrior or Aegis and Renewal to make him a better tank.

3. +Spd, -Def.

4. ikr..?

Orochi!Ophelia married with Hisame, Final Class (Sage (or Omyoyi IDK))

Lets move it to the new page:)

I believe the main problems are he's too slow he gets doubled until he gets the level 5 skill from General, Defensive Formation and in at least Conquest the enemies are smart enough to not attack characters that take no damage. Knight and General's lower mobility can be inconvenient.

Defensive Formation is a must as he only has a 15% speed growth as a knight and 10% as a general. Maximizing Speed pairup and using tonics and other bonus would hopefully be enough as I don't know if reclassing him would be worth it.

It does even seem like the game is against him. His only real buddy option seems to be Revelation's Hayato giving him Diviner.

Bear knight DLC when? https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/81.jpg

Edited by Frozenkappa

So I'm intrigued by the +Mag Paladin and I have a few questions.

1) Is -Lck the best flaw here because it doesn't hit your defenses and barely touches your offenses?

2) Is it worth going through Samurai for Swordfaire? Otherwise the skills are pretty much useless, Astra can't proc with the Levin Sword, you won't be OHKOing so Vantage is more or less useless. The only other one of real merit is Duelist's Strike for a potentially damage free Player Phase.

3) Is the Shirai Nagitana available in Nohr for more Weapon Triangle control?

Thanks!