Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

Choice or not, Charlotte wants that royal booty asap so Xander can tear up the battlefield. She's already a fighter, and she's a better mother/pair up wife. It's a shame that she can only marry one guy, because plenty of men want her too. 8STR/5SPD is too good.

Not to mention A+ Charlotte with Peri and using a reclass seal just for a worst version just isn't as good. A choice, for sure, but not practical in comparison.

Pieri would give 1 str less and 1 res more if i remember right. :x

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as "not receiving damage" is considered as a problem, Benoit doesn't need a pair-up.

Charlotte offers +4 Str at the beginning and +8 at the end. Whatever Attack Stance deals much more damage than +4~+8 and sometimes results in ORKO. One more unit for another attack is also good.

All the other stats are not needed as well.

As soon as "not receiving damage" is considered as a problem, Benoit doesn't need a pair-up.

Charlotte offers +4 Str at the beginning and +8 at the end. Whatever Attack Stance deals much more damage than +4~+8 and sometimes results in ORKO. One more unit for another attack is also good.

All the other stats are not needed as well.

If we're talking of Touma, Charlotte reclassed for Shura would do better with Benoit, he will have defensive formation anyway so speed boost will waste.

Eventually marry him to rinkah lol

I'm wondering how does Azama like a Fem!Corrin with a +Str / -Res build with Wyvern Rider as her 2nd class? Likewise does Reina like it for a Male Corrin?

I think they both want Spear Fighter class for Lancefaire..

I'm wondering how does Azama like a Fem!Corrin with a +Str / -Res build with Wyvern Rider as her 2nd class? Likewise does Reina like it for a Male Corrin?

I think they both want Spear Fighter class for Lancefaire..

Lancefaire isn't too useful on Reina, because by the time she hits level 15 her bulk will be so sketchy that she'll want to stay with bows for combat.

Wyvern for Azama is fine, I guess. He's always going to have poor combat when reclassed due to weapon ranks, but you might as have him be in a good class like wyvern. Maybe go Sky Knight, so he can still have staff access upon promotion. Tbh, using Azama at all isn't very practical.

Edited by Mango Giamatti

Killing everything in Nohr is only a concern in chapter 13 and 19 because the objective is route, and arguably 10 since you are stuck there for 11 turns anyways. He isn't there for chapter 10, and joins behind your forces in chapter 13 so misses most of the map. 19 he would be sort of useful in since foxes are annoying, but Wyvern Lord Camilla rolls over that map. Past that Benny is doing much aside from guard stance because pretty much all of the options you get are better.

Not being a concern makes it a good judgement.

Some units can choose to do it or not; Some units have to skip forever. I don't think the latter are good because of that.

Locked to only one way of completing chapters shows that a unit has quite limited uses, which is supposed to be bad.

Edited by Tooru

I don't understand how Benny / Charlotte "miss out on action in their join chapter". Just chain-transfer them to characters who need str/def or str/spd and start building supports and levelling up.

I can explain with an example of how I engage the map. Ben and Charlotte join on turn 3. By turn 3, Yuugiri is dead, Zero is engaging Takumi, almost all the knights on the right side of the map have been killed by Effie and she's holding down that point to fight the incoming cavaliers, and my Ninja Kamui has killed Orochi and every mage on the left side along with moving down the map to fight some incoming cavaliers. They join at the starting point of the map when everything that needs to be done at the start of the map is already done.

Just out of jest I plan to make my secondary class Oni Savage in Conquest and marry Niles to make him a Shura, which skills would he appreaciate apart from Axefaire(from Arthur) for it?

Reposting because I really want this to be a thing.

Reposting because I really want this to be a thing.

That's.... am awful lot of hoops Zero is jumping through. Axefaire is level 15 Zerker and it also means Zero has to reach A support with Arthur (not too bad since it's a good support option for him). I can't really think of anything he would want in particular. Ogre Strike + Roundhouse and a forged Killer weapon sounds nice at least.

Just out of jest I plan to make my secondary class Oni Savage in Conquest and marry Niles to make him a Shura, which skills would he appreciate apart from Axefaire (from Arthur) for it?

I am not going to buy skills unless the character has learned it in a previous playthrough.

I'm not into optimizing and efficiency so hopefully some else can better help you. You plan to get an S and A+ rank for Niles, using at least a Partner Seal and Friendship Seal for one character. In Conquest, so likely no grinding. I don't know if its wise to bother reclassing for the other skills. Reclassing seals aren't as common without buying them and in Conquest you have limited resources.

Niles starts as an Outlaw with Locktouch, pick up Movement +1 at level 10.

If you're okay with using a second Partner Seal. Get married to you, reclass and promote in whatever order. Probably want to reclass ASAP to work on axe weapon rank

As a Oni Savage/Shura he probably wants Resistance Seal by level 20/3, Shove by 4, so he gets Ogre Strike at the earliest, level 20/5.

A+ Harold to reclass to Berserker and get HP +5 by level 12, Roundhouse by level 13, Rally Strength by level 14, to get Axefaire at level 15.

Reclass to end as Shura likely end up with Counter.

Or

A+ Harold, reclass and promote in whatever order.

As a Fighter/Berserker get HP +5 before level 20/12, Roundhouse by level 13, Rally Strength by level 14, to get Axefaire at the earliest level 15.

Reclass to end class, Shura, before level 18 for Resistance Seal, Shove at 19 and so he gets Ogre Strike before reaching level cap. Eternal seals are an option but not very practical.

He also has access to the adventurer skills, Lucky Seven and Pass; bow knight skills, Rally Skill and Kunaibreaker; blacksmith skills, Smithy Skill and Lancebreaker; brave hero skills, Sol and Axebreaker.

Pass might be nice but getting axe weapon rank would probably a higher priority.

Edited by Frozenkappa

So as far as help goes I think Kaze is kinda set class wise.

Ninja

Samurai

A+ with Silas for Cavalier

I don't know what FeMui can get him but I'm debating on going Mercenary to give Midoriko Stubbornness as a passdown. Does this sound good or does he benefit from another class more? (this is assuming Revelation/Birthright)

Ninja

Samurai

I don't know what FeMui can get him but I'm debating on going Mercenary to give Midoriko Stubbornness as a passdown. Does this sound good or does he benefit from another class more? (this is assuming Revelation/Birthright)

Picking mercenary, just to pass down Stubbornness seems like a waste but I can't think of anything else so its just preference. (Midoriko doesn't actually inherit the Mercenary class nor Kaze's Samurai. Her class set is HerbMerchant/Ninja/NohrPrincess)

Ninja

Samurai

If you want to pass a HP recovering skill. why not choose Priestess for Renewal?

Well, Midoriko and Kaze may want Miracle more for post game.

FeMui passes Dark Princess class to Midoriko, so Midoriko will learn Hoshido and Nohr by herself in Revelation. By A+ Silas, Kaze will have Miracle+Astra+Lethality+Aegis+Luna, as well as his personal skill. the Guard Stance of Midoriko+Kaze will be interesting.

If you choose Oni Savage and pass Smithy Skill, Modoriko will be your ATM.

Edited by Tooru

Ninja

Samurai

Tooru essentially said what I would've - I'd rather take Shrine Maiden for a secondary and pass down Renewal instead of a poor man's substitute that doesn't always work. Aside from that, I can't really help...

Picking mercenary, just to pass down Stubbornness seems like a waste but I can't think of anything else so its just preference. (Midoriko doesn't actually inherit the Mercenary class nor Kaze's Samurai. Her class set is HerbMerchant/Ninja/NohrPrincess)

Because Mercenary is my second favorite class in the game and I was planning on getting it before.

Let's not forget Dark Mage where Horse God is available.

and dark mage can promote to dark knight which uses both swords and tomes!

But i think spellcaster have better growth... or something?